Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for a decent reliable Dedi for around $25
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for a decent reliable Dedi for around $25

HuntersPadHuntersPad Member
edited September 2019 in General

EDITED Post: Forget Oneprovider after reading recent thread :D
Thinking of leaving germany as a location with hetzner and save a little due to traffic decline
really looking for Amsterdamn or France preferably. And not sure if Oneprovider would be a good route to go.

Looking for decent I/O and reliabilty.

Specs: 1.5TB of HDD
8GB Ram
15TB of BW or unmetered to be safe, but I doubt things will exceed that anymore
300mbps or more port speed

Mostly hosting large static files and a few wordpress sites.

Looking for something around $20-$25

Comments

• My personal experience with OneProvider is much different then others here. I have had dedis with them in the past and they worked fine. Support can be a little slow, but that is to be expected, at least I figured this out.

Network was fine for my needs and all worked as expected, after they replaced my broken server with a different manufacturer. It went from a Dell to an HP, and the HP was much, much better.

All in all they would probably get a 7/10 on the Yeti scale. Just make sure your expectations meet the price of what you pay for is all.

Thanked by 1HuntersPad
  • MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider
    edited September 2019

@AuroraZ said:
    My personal experience with OneProvider is much different then others here. I have had dedis with them in the past and they worked fine. Support can be a little slow, but that is to be expected, at least I figured this out.

Network was fine for my needs and all worked as expected, after they replaced my broken server with a different manufacturer. It went from a Dell to an HP, and the HP was much, much better.

All in all they would probably get a 7/10 on the Yeti scale. Just make sure your expectations meet the price of what you pay for is all.

Same here. Had one of the $9~ 1TB C2750 or something for like a year and no issues, fast network to other regions is why I've stuck with them for some stuff. Just upgraded to a $35~ SSD D-1531 and it's great. Support is usually fast for me, under 30 minutes. I've had a better experience with the $9 server than some $100+ servers with some unnamed companies.

Edit: Sorry for some reason I read that as Online.net not OneProvider. I'm talking about Online.net, but OneProvider sells their servers in Paris/Amsterdam anyways.

Thanked by 1AuroraZ
  • ViridWebViridWeb Member, Host Rep

Well OneProvider provides much better support than their DC online.net (My Experience?
    But still if you don't want much support then with that budget OneProvider is a good option.

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

The only one in that price range and reliable and reasonable hardware (not Atom, Opteron, etc) and good support I know of is @AlexBarakov but that's in Bulgaria. I only heard good things from his customers.

Otherwise if FR is important to you oneprovider is an option (sidenote: I also like them and am happy with my dedi there) or else kimsufi/OVH.

• for AMS server, check worldstream.nl