Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Los Angeles NVMe + Block Storage 3TB $7 limited time! - Page 8
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Los Angeles NVMe + Block Storage 3TB $7 limited time!

Comments

• @dahartigan said:

@vyas11 said:

@jinglesassy said:
    Is this a recurring offer or one time then normal pricing?

Never mind i'm an idiot and somehow missed the big "- Offer for lifetime" in the original post that i saw 0.1 seconds after posting this.

You should actually be pleased that your hands can type faster than the eyes can read. The reverse may not that exciting!

Wait until he realizes it's out of stock..

I have one, Just didn't know if it was recurring thus skimmed the thread didn't see it and then posted that, Went to page 1 and instantly saw it was recurring.

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • @dahartigan said:

@MohamadSY said:
    Hello guys
    I’m looking for any one can help me in configurations
    I want to install nextcloud server but It couldn’t recognize the 3tb storage
    I’m stuck in it and really I couldn’t find any way for make it work.
    Any help will be appreciated.

Have you formatted the block storage and given it a mount point? You then make the mount the nextcloud data directory.

Yes, I tried that, but maybe I'm doing something wrong!!
    Please If you can help me send a p.m

• @MohamadSY said:

@dahartigan said:

@MohamadSY said:
    Hello guys
    I’m looking for any one can help me in configurations
    I want to install nextcloud server but It couldn’t recognize the 3tb storage
    I’m stuck in it and really I couldn’t find any way for make it work.
    Any help will be appreciated.

Have you formatted the block storage and given it a mount point? You then make the mount the nextcloud data directory.

Yes, I tried that, but maybe I'm doing something wrong!!
    Please If you can help me send a p.m

PM me if you need help.

• @key900 are you using 3rd party support team or of your own? Just curious .

• letboxletbox Member, Patron Provider

@cazrz said:
    Out of stock? I want more :smiley:

@jinglesassy said:
    Is this a recurring offer or one time then normal pricing?

Never mind i'm an idiot and somehow missed the big "- Offer for lifetime" in the original post that i saw 0.1 seconds after posting this.

More stock are coming next week.

@mrclown said:
    @key900 are you using 3rd party support team or of your own? Just curious .

Is that really make difference? we just small group of 3.

Thanks

• mrclownmrclown Member
    edited October 2019

@key900 said:

@mrclown said:

Thanks

Because I only see you as sensible but the rest are asking repeated dump questions in same ticket. Please count this as my feedback otherwise. Can PM you ticket numbers or so but not bother to open any more tickets.

edited October 2019

@mrclown said:

@key900 said:

@mrclown said:

Thanks

Because I only see you as sensible but the rest are asking repeated dump questions in same ticket. Please count this as my feedback otherwise. Can PM you ticket numbers or so but not bother to open any more tickets.

Please PM the ticket number if possible?

Thanks for your patient

• @key900 said:
    Please PM the ticket number if possible?

Thanks for your patient

Done. Check your PM and tickets. But I am not going to follow up nor reply nor explain further. Let that be gone. :smile:

edited October 2019

We open the orders the setup date between

20th Sunday to 31th Tuesday October

We have new package

BBox 1.5TB

• 2 GB Dedicated RAM
    • 2 x CPU cores
    • 20 NVMe Main Disk
    • FREE 1.5TB Block Storage ( Triple Replicated ) Must be selected while order to got $5.50 per month
    • 5TB/Month @ 1 Gbps burstable
    • 1x IPv4
    • 1x IPv6
    • /64 up on request
    • 2Gbps DDoS-Shield Mitigation
    • Private Internal IP
    • KVM
      $5.50/month ( available for limited time )
      Los Angeles (https://my.letbox.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=108)

The package come with $7 per month but if you select the 1.5tb Block storage the price will be $5.50 per month.

• wow, that is good news .... can one downgrade?

• Nice! btw your lg seems to be down http://lg.la.letbox.com

@ddhhz said:
    Nice! btw your lg seems to be down http://lg.la.letbox.com

LookingGlass are removed for this moment we will create new one.

Thanked by 1ddhhz

@ehab said:
    wow, that is good news .... can one downgrade?

You will need to removed the current Block storage first if there is any then downgrade

• @key900 said:

We have new package

BBox 1.5TB

• 2 GB Dedicated RAM
    • 2 x CPU cores
    • 20 NVMe Main Disk
    • FREE 1.5TB Block Storage ( Triple Replicated ) Must be selected while order to got $5.50 per month
    • 1x IPv4
    • 1x IPv6
    • /64 up on request
    • Private Internal IP
    • KVM

The package come with $7 per month but if you select the 1.5tb Block storage the price will be $5.50 per month.

Are we there yet?

• Wasn't the first offer has 10Gbps ? why this one is 1Gbps

edited October 2019

@tarek369 said:
    Wasn't the first offer has 10Gbps ? why this one is 1Gbps

Hello,

Since I cannot Guarantee the speed up to 10Gbps most of time i removed it, I feels cheating however there is an 2Gbps are available, and all nodes have 10Gbps port.

@cazrz said:

@key900 said:

We have new package

BBox 1.5TB

• 2 GB Dedicated RAM
    • 2 x CPU cores
    • 20 NVMe Main Disk
    • 1x IPv4
    • 1x IPv6
    • /64 up on request
    • Private Internal IP
    • KVM

Are we there yet?

Already available you just need to choose the 1.5tb instead of the 3tb the Block Storage and the price will be downloaded.

• @key900 just checking, is it possible to get the 4tb block for that same offer? I already have my service running, but just not able to see that option in the upgrade/ downgrade options as pointed out by a few people here. Thnx

@plumberg said:
    @key900 just checking, is it possible to get the 4tb block for that same offer? I already have my service running, but just not able to see that option in the upgrade/ downgrade options as pointed out by a few people here. Thnx

Check now.

• it told me fraud check :D

• Thank you. Ordered one 3TB.

• @key900 said:
    BBox 1.5TB

Hi, is it possible to have 100mbps unlimited instead of 5TB@1gbps?

• Any chance of dedicated cores making a comeback too?

Thanked by 2pullangcubo datacean
  • Dudes' I have come to the conclusion that I can't recommend these guys in good faith. I'm not the kind of guy who comes to whinge on LET about tech support issues, but after spending a whole day trying to help them nail the issue I can't do this anymore.

When there is a problem and they deny that the problem is in their system, that's it for me.

On the node I'm on booting an ISO results in the NVMe partition info being lost. This shouldn't happen because an ISO is not a template which works automatically. An ISO waits for the user to log on via VNC and start issuing instructions. It won't write anything to disk unless you confirm it, eg gparted.

Even standard ISOs like Debian 9 which wait for you start configuration do not find the NVMe partition information. The reason why it is a bug is in my instance is because the block storage was always present untouched when I booted from the ISO.

Instead of accepting this and realizing that the must be a bug somewhere, their tech support has doubled down and the whole session has turned into a blame the customer affair.

Even the Centos 8 ISO they were trying to install instead had problems and they had to abort. I know because I was watching the noVNC screen.

I was willing to suggest alternatives to solving the issue, but I still draw blanks.

I have a node with them which I arranged to cancel and I even asked them to upgrade that node to the spec of this faulty one and cancel this faulty one instead. And I have used the same ISOs on their other nodes.

I am experienced enough to know that nodes have issues, and I am willing to give it time to be fixed so long as they acknowledge it, but when the tech support blatantly deny it when the evidence is in front of them and are not amenable to reasonable suggestions thats it.

Well whatever you do don't pay yearly.

And one more thing. Their Reinstall via ISO screen warns that the data will be wiped, which I assume to be the result of a careless cutting and pasting. If that is truly the case then it is a bug, whether there is a warning about it or not. So if you boot with a Rescue Disk which is also an ISO is that supposed to wipe your NVMe partition info?

I have a feeling I will not be renewing the 3Tb storage node I just ordered, at least that is monthly.

This also goes for Hostdoc and one of their disrespectful clueless "techs".

• looks like they need to hire MikePT

• 5TB/Month only?

• rchurch said: I have a node with them which I arranged to cancel and I even asked them to upgrade that node to the spec of this faulty one and cancel this faulty one instead.

does that mean you asked them to upgrade your other node with this offer? If yes, then they clearly mentioned that this offer is only for new orders in OP.

• @key900 Would love to see similar offers for your Dallas location

• rchurchrchurch Member
    edited October 2019

@samm said:

rchurch said: I have a node with them which I arranged to cancel and I even asked them to upgrade that node to the spec of this faulty one and cancel this faulty one instead.

does that mean you asked them to upgrade your other node with this offer? If yes, then they clearly mentioned that this offer is only for new orders in OP.

I have paid for this node a year in advance and it is only 3 days old. The other node is lower than this spec, and all they had to do is to raise it to this spec for me to continue with it.

But it is a moot point as the data on that node is also gone. The only thing I did was to reboot it an hour or so ago and and the partition info is gone.

I am not the only one to report this issue on these threads. Their system is buggy. Period.

Block storage is not supposed to vanish at the drop of a hat and this is not the only provider I have ever used block storage with.

What is the point of a storage node that loses data because your rebooted, with or without an ISO?

• sammsamm Member
    edited October 2019

rchurch said: I have a feeling I will not be renewing the 3Tb storage node I just ordered, at least that is monthly.

rchurch said: I have paid for this node a year in advance and it is only 3 days old.

I am confused now. Did you pay monthly or yearly for 3TB storage ? I hope @key900 can enlighten us on this situation because I am his first time customer.