Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Los Angeles NVMe + Block Storage 3TB $7 limited time! - Page 13
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Los Angeles NVMe + Block Storage 3TB $7 limited time!

Comments

• Anyone uses Ubuntu 18.04 ISO to install on bbox here? How to retain root user with password? Installer insists on making new user. > @sanvit said:

@isunbejo said:

sanvit said: Disabling CloudFlare and using 1.1.1.1 WARP+ should get you better routing (on mobile)

Interesting if CF WARP+ can be used for VPS. I think it is only used for VPN clients

Nah, I was talking about mobile (client side). You could in theory use Argo smart routing, but that'll cost you per gigabyte.

@cybertech said:
    Anyone uses Ubuntu 18.04 ISO to install on bbox here? How to retain root user with password? Installer insists on making new user.

Caution: Ubuntu amateur here

Create a user, set root password (sudo passwd), and edit sshd_config to allow root login. I'd personally recommend you to use a normal user, and use sudo (or sudo -i to log in as root) for security reasons tho.

This is better. Thanks.

Thanked by 1sanvit
  • tgltgl Member

@key900 said:

@tgl said:
    I wanted to try, but when I heard from @rchurch that reinstalls delete the data... I started to have second thoughts.

Ok but what reinstalling supposed to do?

I was being ironic, in truth its a great offer.

Thanked by 3uptime ITLabs skorous
  • @tgl said: [...]

• @rchurch stop spamming on provide offer thread now. Bring this matter to PM or Separate thread or anywhere else. Noone got the time to read your wall of text. You've already eaten up 2 or 3 pages of this thread with your BS and at this point even IF you are right no one cases. @doghouch please look into this matter.

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • Yeah, there was way too much text and FUD about this.

The point is very straightforward (I've also said it more than once now): if you want to boot an ISO to examine/modify your disk(s), you should mount an ISO and (re)boot. Don't use the "Reinstall" function for this. (There's also a warning if you try to use "Reinstall".)

It's really this straightforward.

• I haven't been following this because it was boring, but was this ultimately a debate as to whether the reinstall button would perform a reinstall?

• angstromangstrom Moderator
    edited October 2019

@Nekki said:
    I haven't been following this because it was boring, but was this ultimately a debate as to whether the reinstall button would perform a reinstall?

Ultimately, yes.

(But it took me hours to see this because of the long and confusing comments/rants.)

• Well, there's a thing.

A new low?

• rchurchrchurch Member
    edited October 2019

@key900 said:

@tgl said:
    I wanted to try, but when I heard from @rchurch that reinstalls delete the data... I started to have second thoughts.

Ok but what reinstalling supposed to do?

Hello @key900.

A very good morning to you.

I wanted to asked you a simple question last night, Question for @key900, but you may have retired to bed early.

I don't know the reason why, but a lot of lowendtalkers are worried that if you answer the question or not it may tarnish the reputation of your company, and they are exhibiting this compulsion to come to your rescue as they see you as a damsel in distress.

If you are around could you kindly answer it with a simple yes/no or

tell us when your tech guys can give a definitive response as quickly as possible to assuage their fears.

Even with this simple response which is directed at you only, I'm deeply afraid that if they don't get an answer soon this thread will be off on another wild tangent.

Later on I will post in a new thread in the Help or Tutorials section in other section my reason for this question and the practical reasons as to why it matters.

• Yare yare daze....

Thanked by 1chocolateshirt
  • Yes, I like this drama..

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • @rchurch said: Later on I will post in a new thread in the Help or Tutorials section in other section my reason for this question and the practical reasons as to why it matters.

• Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • PieHasBeenEatenPieHasBeenEaten Member, Host Rep

Yeah the derogatory remark is not tolerated. So you got a month ban. @rchurch

• ITLabsITLabs Member
    edited October 2019

@PieHasBeenEaten said:
    Yeah the derogatory remark is not tolerated. So you got a month ban. @rchurch

Thanks God!!!!

• deankdeank Member, Troll
    edited October 2019

I never understood why the dude was hell-bent on the matter.

Like someone said, the guy was driving down on a wrong lane and was yelling at others for his wrongdoing.

I think PMS got to him really badly. By time, he comes back, he will become a she, I suppose.

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • @PieHasBeenEaten: Where have you been ... you showed up not a moment too soon!

Thanked by 1PieHasBeenEaten

He's been to hospital because he's been eating too many pies.

Thanked by 1PieHasBeenEaten
  • letboxletbox Member, Patron Provider
    edited October 2019

Well i have to say he doing good job to keep the post busy, oh god.

Thanked by 1dahartigan

You got some free advertising for sure.

@deank said:

wow he/she just signup again and ordered to VPS.

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • @key900 said:

@deank said:

What!? Same guy? She's on a mission.

• @key900 said:

@deank said:

If I were you, I would reject him, but it's your call

Thanked by 1ITLabs
    edited October 2019

Well, recent PMS heat wave has claimed several vulnerable males on LET, sadly.

@angstrom said:

@key900 said:

@deank said:

If I were you, I would reject him, but it's your call

I already did and ban the IPs from orders.

• your going to give the guy a heart attack.

Thanked by 1ITLabs
  • It's funny, he's been on LET for a while, he seemed reasonably normal until now, but it appears that that "Reinstall" button sent him over the edge

Thanked by 2vimalware dahartigan

@ITLabs said:

@key900 said:

@deank said:

What!? Same guy? She's on a mission.

Yes same one.

@ehab said:
    your going to give the guy a heart attack.

I hope not.

@angstrom said:
    It's funny, he's been on LET for a while, he seemed reasonably normal until now, but it appears that that "Reinstall" button sent him over the edge

Ya not sure what is going on with him.

It's PMS heat wave, I am telling you.

Several members of LET have been acting over the top as a result.

• @deank said:

are we in hell?