Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Small dedi or VDS [EU] - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Small dedi or VDS [EU]

2»

Comments

• @uptime said:

debaser said: Dedicated cores?

my best guess from reading between the lines in an earlier thread is that the CPU vcores are shared but unmetered.

At this price point, I would think that as well. But they're selling it as a VDS. In my book unmetered but shared cores are not dedicated. On the contrary: because any noisy neighbour could use up all my processing power.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

@vimalware said:
    That is a very peculiar phrasing for LET.
    I guess you can ask for single socket if you're green-inclined. shrugs

While cores, even real physical ones, are among the cheapest resources in hosting, they are still resources and not asking for more than one really needs IMO is a vital ingredient to get what one needs at low cost.

@uptime

Thanks for your hint re TOS. As I'm a very "nice" unproblematic customer (no spamming, no grey zone things, no mining, etc, only boring "white" stuff) I'm not scared by those. Also it seems to me that those seem to be not uncommon "cover my a__" rules, the kind of language one gets from a lawyers office.
    What triggers me a bit though is the stuff related to communications (not to any 3rd party, etc) ...

@spectraip

Looks nice now. But ...

• I will benchmark it and I will publish the results here at LET.
    • I stubbornly want dedicated cores. Not shared ones, not "it's basically yours", but dedicated ones and well noted dedicated means "not shared".
    • I feel like I understand the basic idea behinf your TOS and I agree that neither side shall share any confidential information/data with any third party. Example: customer is to not share internal confidential information about your network learned during operations with any outside party. No problem, looks normal and healthy to me.
      What I don't get or accept though is that I'm not allowed to share any information.

Can you provide some clarification and clear statement re the above, please.

Thank you.

Thanked by 2uptime ITLabs
  • Hello!

AMD Opteron (8 cores CPU) / 16GB RAM / 2x 2TB SATA + 100Mbps of unmetered bandwidth + any Linux based OS + 1 IPv4. Price: 28 USD/month.

https://inxy.com/

• angstromangstrom Moderator
    edited October 2019

@Adam_Greer said: Hello!

AMD Opteron (8 cores CPU) / 16GB RAM / 2x 2TB SATA + 100Mbps of unmetered bandwidth + any Linux based OS + 1 IPv4. Price: 28 USD/month.

Try first to read the opening comment attentively

Thanked by 1jsg