Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Subscribe to our newsletter

Advertise on LowEndTalk.com

Latest LowEndBox Offers

Free Wordpress Hosting - Home made!
    New on LowEndTalk? Please read our 'Community Rules' by clicking on it in the right menu!

Free Wordpress Hosting - Home made!

LTnigerLTniger Member
    edited September 21 in General

So yea, I'am offering free Wordpress hosting. What's included:

• Custom mini-control panel designed for Wordpress control only (https://imgur.com/6OwbNdW)
    • 2 GB SSD storage
    • Unlimited bandwidth (probably you will get banned for excessive usage)
    • You can bring your own domain or use sub-domain
    • Memcached support (localhost:11211)
    • Free SSL
    • 3 website limit per user

Feedback appreciated as this is beta version regarding functionality.

https://hostwp.net

At the moment all orders require manual approval, to avoid abuse. Each location supports 50 websites.

Wordpress Hosting - Home made!

Comments

• Nicely done, looks very clean.

I'm going to just going to assume you do but, make sure you have protections against unsecured plugins :) Since you'll probably get 100+ orders

Thanked by 1receivedthanks
    • Foul said: make sure you have protections against unsecured plugins

At the moment there is nice security -> delete offender. In future I will implement some sort of Wordpress plugin scanner and automatically remove those who will be in blacklist.

Regarding order quantity, at the moment each location support 50 websites.

• LTniger said: At the moment there is nice security -> delete offender. In future I will implement some sort of Wordpress plugin scanner and automatically remove those who will be in blacklist.

Good to hear you have it in mind already. Most hosts don't.

I wish you the best of luck with this friend! ♥

• I will be painfully honest.

This won't end well.

If you can't make your point within 5 lines of words, you have an optimization issue.

• deank said: This won't end well.

Ou, I know that. What's your prediction?

• deankdeank Member
      edited September 21

So many ways to go wrong.

The days are gone where people respected free stuff. These days, kids take free stuff for granted.

If you can't make your point within 5 lines of words, you have an optimization issue.

• mlcmlc Member

I think it is suitable for students, thanks for your free wp hosting :wink:

VPS Promo: https://vpsname.com
      VPS Worldwide Locations Collection: https://loc.vpsname.com

• Isn't multiple wordpress installations on a VPS pretty hard to do? It seems like running a wordpress hosting service would be a highly technical endeavor? Tons of fucked up plugins, constant updates that might break stuff, high memory usage, lots of attack vectors, high caching needed, lots of mysql reads/writes.

I never tried, but it seems hard to me.

• Created an account just because the idea seems crazy enough and should be given a try! Cheers

• agentmishraagentmishra Member, Provider

nice work

indeed welldone

just one thing, if you would put a bit more clarification on the bandwidth excessive usage thing...

skype id : agentmishra, gtalk id : agentmishra, email : [email protected]

• agentmishra said: if you would put a bit more clarification on the bandwidth excessive usage thing...

1 TB+ per month. Those hetzner servers have limits you know :)

• Mic-haelMic-hael Member, Provider

Respect for having the domain hostWP and not having a startng fee of $1,000/month, nevermind free. :P

SmallWeb | DirectAdmin Shared Hosting in London | Amsterdam | Melbourne | New York | Luxembourg | Los Angeles

• Weird, I chose USA, but ended up seeing Europe. Anyways, great work, reminds me of pilvia.site earlier days when it used to be free.

• @MissFortune said:
      Weird, I chose USA, but ended up seeing Europe. Anyways, great work, reminds me of pilvia.site earlier days when it used to be free.

Thank you for bug report!

Thanked by 2NANO receivedthanks

• side note , I never thought free host still a thing , at least on this forum , I'm curious what panel you use did you program it by yourself , I never think doing such thing but after what Cpanel did to their customers I think this is the best solution .

• I just signed up. There's a new site I have in mind, and this is perfect!

That's not me.

• @LTniger said:

@MissFortune said:
      Weird, I chose USA, but ended up seeing Europe. Anyways, great work, reminds me of pilvia.site earlier days when it used to be free.

Thank you for bug report!

Yes, I also chose USA and ended up in Europe and choose Personal Blog and somehow it's listed under Automotive.

• donli said: Yes, I also chose USA and ended up in Europe and choose Personal Blog and somehow it's listed under Automotive.

Same..
      I'm also unable to save a draft and or published a post.

• @MissFortune said:

Same here. I opened a ticket.

That's not me.

• seriesnseriesn Member, Provider

@LTniger said:
      So yea, I'am offering free Wordpress hosting. What's included:

• Custom mini-control panel designed for Wordpress control only (https://imgur.com/6OwbNdW)
      • 2 GB SSD storage
      • Unlimited bandwidth (probably you will get banned for excessive usage)
      • You can bring your own domain or use sub-domain
      • Memcached support (localhost:11211)
      • Free SSL
      • 3 website limit per user

Feedback appreciated as this is beta version regarding functionality.

https://hostwp.net

At the moment all orders require manual approval, to avoid abuse. Each location supports 50 websites.

All the best man! Great initiative. Love that minimal style :)

• Will give it a try!
      Can I use my own subdomain (blog.mydomain.com) ???

Have a great day! Recommended: Namecheap | Godaddy | Cloudflare | AWS | Google Cloud | Ramnode VPS | BuyVM | OVH | Hetzner lowendtalk.com godaddy namecheap bluehost cpanel hosting shared hosting vps hosting dedicated servers coupons coupon codes promo codes deals offers renewal coupon KVM VPS OpenVZ cloud VPS directadmin reseller hosting master reseller OVH hetzner email support phone contact ramnode serverhub cloudflare google cloud amazon aws domain name registration transfer renewal

• LTnigerLTniger Member
      edited September 22

@Sofia_K said:
      Will give it a try!
      Can I use my own subdomain (blog.mydomain.com) ???

Hm, didn't thought that. Just use domain form and you should be good to go.

Received mass backlog with some bugs.

• Fixed wrong location selection as well as category
      • Fixed error with Wordpress posts not saving (AJAX requests denied)

• HazelclHazelcl Member
      edited September 22

Thanks for the freebie ! I just registered to give it a try and I couldn't upload a custom theme since the max upload file size is too low !

• @Hazelcl said:
      Thank for the freebie ! I just registered to give it a try and I couldn't upload a custom theme since the max upload file size is too low !

Nice, you stepped on important thing. Now, how much of upload size do you need?

• dedimarkdedimark Member
      edited September 22

good job

• @LTniger said:

@Hazelcl said:
      Thank for the freebie ! I just registered to give it a try and I couldn't upload a custom theme since the max upload file size is too low !

I think 60 MB upload size limit is good enough

• @Hazelcl said:

@LTniger said:

@Hazelcl said:

I think 60 MB upload size limit is good enough

Done. Now it's set to 128MB. Thank you for report.

• is Europe location with Hetzner or any other provider?
      Its blazing fast!

Have a great day! Recommended: Namecheap | Godaddy | Cloudflare | AWS | Google Cloud | Ramnode VPS | BuyVM | OVH | Hetzner lowendtalk.com godaddy namecheap bluehost cpanel hosting shared hosting vps hosting dedicated servers coupons coupon codes promo codes deals offers renewal coupon KVM VPS OpenVZ cloud VPS directadmin reseller hosting master reseller OVH hetzner email support phone contact ramnode serverhub cloudflare google cloud amazon aws domain name registration transfer renewal

• NANONANO Member
      edited September 22

The niche seletion is bugged, I selected computers and internet or something like that but panel shows automotive in one window and art & culture in other.

You should add an option to make a backup of the site and database ;)

Also an option for people who made the "subdomain.hostwp.net" can move later to "owndomain.com" would be great.

I just created my blog, selected USA and I see Europe in the dashboard...

Good job for now, and great free service!

I have premium Google accounts with unlimited storage & OneDrive accounts with Office 365 and 5 Terabytes storage, 1 cheap payment and lifetime account. Send me PM.

• @Sofia_K said:
      is Europe location with Hetzner or any other provider?
      Its blazing fast!

It's good old hetz.

• @NANO said:
      The niche seletion is bugged, I selected computers and internet or something like that but panel shows automotive in one window and art & culture in other.

You should add an option to make a backup of the site and database ;)

Also an option for people who made the "subdomain.hostwp.net" can move later to "owndomain.com" would be great.

I just created my blog, selected USA and I see Europe in the dashboard...

Good job for now, and great free service!

Damn bugs, now those nasty buggers should be fixed.

Nice suggestions! Currently working on 'website migrator', feature that allows user to quickly relocate his website from USA to EU or vice versa. Adding your suggestions to the list.

• Speed like mentioned earlier is awesome. Kicked the tyres, time to take the WP setup for a spin.

Thx again for this

• Is this a trial of Hetzner's abuse handling system?
      If so, brilliant!
      You will learn how exactly to run a shared host on Hetzner for longer terms.

Hope the kids don't drive you insane in the meantime. 🤞

My pick for reliable 2GB SSD-KVM(10+50GB) : ultravps[dot]eu in AMS/LON/DAL/LAX/Moldova/Düsseldorf
      starting @ €33.6/yr SSD-Special-2 (Limited Stock) <-- bonus discount (upto €3.0 off in 1st year for new clients.)

• @alilet said:
      So how many sign ups you got so far?

After banning China and Malaysia 36 websites hosted in total. And 29 websites hosted on hetzner's 2GB VPS. Their performance is unbelievable. Just wow.

• Nice! Good luck on your project mate!

• @LTniger said:

@alilet said:

After banning China and Malaysia 36 websites hosted in total. And 29 websites hosted on hetzner's 2GB VPS. Their performance is unbelievable. Just wow.

Great!
      This WP site idea has given me an idea. You know there are hundreds of free softwares available like mybb, zencart, etc. so I am thinking about something similar. But I am not sure how many sites can a VPS handle. I know this is subjective and depends on lot of factors but still just wanted to have an idea. I have 1GB VPS lying around so might as well use it. May be if I use nginx then I can squeeze some more sites than using apache!?

• armandorgarmandorg Member
      edited September 23

@alilet said:

@LTniger said:

@alilet said:

Great!
      This WP site idea has given me an idea. You know there are hundreds of free softwares available like mybb, zencart, etc. so I am thinking about something similar. But I am not sure how many sites can a VPS handle. I know this is subjective and depends on lot of factors but still just wanted to have an idea. I have 1GB VPS lying around so might as well use it. May be if I use nginx then I can squeeze some more sites than using apache!?

You mean some project that enables you to run any CMS[most popular ones] on one click no cPanel or DirectAdmin..?

• LTnigerLTniger Member
      edited September 23

First beta version of this system I made after 6 months of work. Such project is not an easy task if you have full time job.

If this project will lift up from beta to real world, next I would go for prestashop maybe.

Forum hosting is dead, believe me. I had a script which hosted multiple phpBB forums and 98% of service users was insanely heavy spammers or pr0n distributors.

• @armandorg said:

@alilet said:

@LTniger said:

@alilet said:

Great!

You mean some project that enables you to run any CMS[most popular ones] on one click no cPanel or DirectAdmin..?

Yes. If needed then I can make a custom panel in PHP like hostwp.net

• aliletalilet Member
      edited September 23

@LTniger said:
      First beta version of this system I made after 6 months of work. Such project is not an easy task if you have full time job.

If this project will lift up from beta to real world, next I would go for prestashop maybe.

Forum hosting is dead, believe me. I had a script which hosted multiple phpBB forums and 98% of service users was insanely heavy spammers or pr0n distributors.

prestashop is exactly I was thinking!

• @LTniger

Now that’s engagement of a different kind...

• @LTniger said:
      After banning China and Malaysia -

A wise choice. They will only end up abusing your server.

• @vyas11 said:

@LTniger

Now that’s engagement of a different kind...

That service flip flopped in a month. The things I saw can't be unseen, unfortunatelly.

• Interesting, there are many WordPress hosting, but this is crazy enough..... Will take a time to try it... Keep the good work

• Thanks, I just signed up. What if one needs to change the domain (e.g. from subdomain to own domain name), can they open a support ticket? Will they be able to do it autonomously in the future?

• simlev said: Will they be able to do it autonomously in the future?

Yep, I'am working on this feature currently.

Nano changelog:

• Now free sub-domains will be on hostwp.dev (for development);
      • Implemented website relocation feature. Now with 2 clicks you can migrate your website into different continent;

• Latest update:

• Snapshot management. Now user can create up to 2 snapshots of his website and restore it;
      • Rename. Now user can rename his website. Example: mywp.hostwp.dev -> mysuperwp.tld. Rename will alter records in database too (all WP links will be updated to new one).

Upcoming features:

• Bandwidth monitoring (in/out/total) graphs;

After this, project will go into RC state with UI overhaul.

• @LTniger said:

@alilet said:

Why you ban Malaysia?

Noobies in Linux

• LTnigerLTniger Member
      edited October 3

@mrlongshen said:

@LTniger said:

@alilet said:

Why you ban Malaysia?

I had a flood (37) of registrations with fake e-mails from Malaysia.