Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

any vps manager alternative to virtualizor [VPS Manager]
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

any vps manager alternative to virtualizor [VPS Manager]

amsaalamsaal Member
edited September 2019 in General

Looking for alternatives of virtualizor . need you advice which one is easy to use and not complicated.

Comments

• @amsaal said:
    Looking for alternatives of virtualizor . need you advice which one is easy to use and not complicated.

For personal or commercial?
    Why are you looking for alternatives?
    What alternatives have you considered so far (assuming you have done your fair share of research/googling)?

Thanked by 1amsaal
  • to sell vps and manage it.

i get solusvm but install is complicated.

• detective serrrriessssnnn.

Thanked by 2amsaal seriesn
  • First-RootFirst-Root Member, Host Rep
    edited September 2019

what features would you require and what is your desired price?

• to transfer proxmox vm easily with one click and backup features.

Price 10 usd per month

total nodes vps will be 4

• BlaZeBlaZe Member, Host Rep

ProxCP.com

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

@amsaal said:
    to sell vps and manage it.

What exactly complicated in installation of SolusVM? Running the ssh command or what?

• setting the IP Pools was complicated.

• ViridWebViridWeb Member, Host Rep

@amsaal said:
    setting the IP Pools was complicated.

For me It's not an issue and it's easy.

The KVM bridge part in virtualizor is easier than Solusvm
    But if you have enough knowledge it's not complected.

I would recommend to test your panel before commercial launch.

But still if you go with easiest solution then virtualizor maybe good for you

• AmitzAmitz Member
    edited September 2019

Am I the only consumer out there who would be scared to go with a paid and therefore "professional" provider who is not able to configure the necessary software because "it's too complicated"? This industry is really unbelievable... And I thought that my industry, food ingredient wholesale, was already full of dabblers. Christ! There was a time when people had to learn things first, before they were allowed to offer something for money. Nowadays, it's the Dewlance age. Everyone thinks that they can do everything without knowing anything. "Look! I managed to install WHMCS and cPanel after reading some copy & paste tutorials! I am a professional webhosting provider now!" Fucking millennials.

• Winter is coming

Thanked by 1gonaif
  • @angstrom said:
    Winter is coming

Following the summer Rule of Thumb

Thanked by 1angstrom
  • BharatBBharatB Member, Patron Provider

@amsaal if you want to try https://hypervisor.io/ drop me a pm and I can help you get set up.

Thanked by 1amsaal
  • JordJord Moderator, Host Rep

I fear the end is nigh. But SolusVM is easy to setup. If not Proxmox.

• JordJord Moderator, Host Rep

10-foot barge pole comes to mind!

• proxmox was okay but solusvm i failed encounter some issues then switch to virtualizor but backups are not doing correct so want to try alternative.

• I forgot "complete ignorance" as further key qualification nowadays.

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

The network is most easiest part to setup in SolusVM, just read docs about KVM bridge or search how to install a SolusVM.

• I guess it's always Summer somewhere in the world.

• dfroedfroe Member, Host Rep

@amsaal said: but backups are not doing correct

Then find the root cause and fix it.
    That's what is usually exptected from a provider. That's your job.

• i just want to clear i dont plan to provide vps on commercial basis . it is for giving free to my friends for game servers so they can play. SSH will be disabled

• @amsaal
    I think virtualisor still suite you well. Otherwise go with proxmox for similair experience. If you don't mind trying none KVM.. try ESXi or Xen but those don't have end user level panel like Virtualsor does.

Since your use case isn't for hosting or other stuff, you should just be fine with proxmox and a bit of command line usage for backup/migration/restore.

• @amsaal said:
    i just want to clear i dont plan to provide vps on commercial basis . it is for giving free to my friends for game servers so they can play. SSH will be disabled

where to apply to be friend?

Thanked by 1ITLabs
  • i would doubt Proxmox networking would be easier to setup than Virtualizor. I tried it once and had to relly on help on proxmox forum. If amsaal does not require KVM or Xen virtualization, he can try free panels for OpenVZ like HyperVM, but i can not really say if overall simplicity will be better.

• We used Vmmanager from Ispsystems but this is very not convenient and easy to use software so we decided to use proxcp and virtualizor

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

amsaal said: i just want to clear i dont plan to provide vps on commercial basis .

amsaal said: to sell vps and manage it.

Riiiight.

• DignusData said: We used Vmmanager from Ispsystems but this is very not convenient and easy to use software so we decided to use proxcp and virtualizor

Can you possibly provide some more information about this decision? Was there any everyday problems with VMmanager or did you just find the administration / GUI of version 5 bad?

I am currently testing VMmanager 6, which actually looks promising.
    Did you tested VMmanager 6?

• Hey OP can you tell me what your site is? Asking for a friend

Thanked by 1Amitz
  • servarica_haniservarica_hani Member, Patron Provider

@Amitz said:
    Am I the only consumer out there who would be scared to go with a paid and therefore "professional" provider who is not able to configure the necessary software because "it's too complicated"? This industry is really unbelievable... And I thought that my industry, food ingredient wholesale, was already full of dabblers. Christ! There was a time when people had to learn things first, before they were allowed to offer something for money. Nowadays, it's the Dewlance age. Everyone thinks that they can do everything without knowing anything. "Look! I managed to install WHMCS and cPanel after reading some copy & paste tutorials! I am a professional webhosting provider now!" Fucking millennials.

I totally agree .

We sell a management module for xenserver called xenica (xenmodule.com) it is like solus and virtualizor but we keep everything in whmcs without extra panel site
    the installation has some steps but it is fairly easy

you cant imaging the number of providers that contact us for trivial Linux questions or php configuration questions

I would say out of 10 providers probably 2 are real sysadmins the rest we always assume they are windows admins since xenserver is very common among windows shops

Thanked by 1Amitz
  • @amsaal said:
    to sell vps and manage it.

PM me I can help you