Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for hosting similar to OVH
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for hosting similar to OVH

Howdy everybody,

So, I know of hetzner, ovh, scaleway, and kimsufi...

I am looking for a decent processor, with a score of 10k on passmark or better

I need at least 32GB of RAM, but I could work with 256GB if its available for the right price

I also need Hardware RAID 10 for two configurations of hard drives...

What I mean by that is, I need at least 2x 1TB Raided, and I need at least 2x 250GB SSD/NVMe Raided separately.

10Gbps uplink would be nice, but 1Gbps uplink will suffice.

I need all this for less than $130/month, any ideas guys?

Comments

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

So basically E3-1270v6 or equivalent/better, 32GB RAM, 2x 250GB SSD + 2x 1TB HDD? Tons of companies can do that in the US so I'm sure more so in Europe. Contact companies directly and ask, don't just look at the website pricing.

Thanked by 1jeffreylroberts
  • ViridWebViridWeb Member, Host Rep
    edited September 2019

@jeffreylroberts said:
    Howdy everybody,

So, I know of hetzner, ovh, scaleway, and kimsufi...

I am looking for a decent processor, with a score of 10k on passmark or better

I need at least 32GB of RAM, but I could work with 256GB if its available for the right price

I also need Hardware RAID 10 for two configurations of hard drives...

What I mean by that is, I need at least 2x 1TB Raided, and I need at least 2x 250GB SSD/NVMe Raided separately.

10Gbps uplink would be nice, but 1Gbps uplink will suffice.

I need all this for less than $130/month, any ideas guys?

RAID 10 not possible with 2x drives
    At least 4x drives needed for RAID 10

For 2x drives you ma use RAID 1

Edited: you may try reliablesite. Maybe you can find something there which fits in your budget

• I found a provider from Zouth Africa that offer AMD EPYC 7002 series the newest monster that beats all Intel procie dominance, unfortunately I forget the landing page url

• if you are looking for a Hosting Provider , i would go Hetzner over OVH

for 10GB speeds Hetzner do offer a Nic Upgrade / Bandwith so you can get 10GB Card with Hetzner on and of they servers (Excluding Auction ones) its £40 a month Extra

if you are able to push another 30 a month these guys would be a good shout :) have a few Normal 1GB Dedis with them so would presume there 10gbs would be the same quality :)

https://www.ukservers.com/order/?package_id=35

hope this helps

Thanked by 1Hetzner_OL
  • Reliablesite.net has a 6700k you can do this with but it will be $131

Thanked by 1MrRadic
  • USA? PM @drserver for quotes.

As long as you aren't looking for more than 32TB transfer, something is possible from several providers.

Thanked by 1drserver