Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

L2 channel or DWDM between Amsterdam (NL) and Dallas (US)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

L2 channel or DWDM between Amsterdam (NL) and Dallas (US)

Hello guys!

I am searching for good price for:
L2 channel or DWDM between Amsterdam (NL) and Dallas (US).

Does anybody know who sell it? Or even may resell it...

Comments

• gestiondbigestiondbi Member, Patron Provider

Hope you have a lot of money for a L2 on a trans atlantic fiber. Probably better(cheaper) to use a VPN

• @gestiondbi said:
    Hope you have a lot of money for a L2 on a trans atlantic fiber. Probably better(cheaper) to use a VPN

I do think so, our days 1-10G channel does not cost much I think...
    By the way: L2 channel may be based on private VPN, but not on public (through Internet) VPN.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@skyhost_ru said:

@gestiondbi said:

I do think so, our days 1-10G channel does not cost much I think...
    By the way: L2 channel may be based on private VPN, but not on public (through Internet) VPN.

Ask your common ISP on both sides. Your best bet is if they just sell you a VLAN on small capacity. Nevertheless you’re in for a surprise ;-)

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

I think that a wave between AMS and DAL is unrealistic. I'd also be surprised if there were 10 G waves at all nowadays.
    So for less than 40 G you should look for a private "tunnel" (virtual circuit, etc. there are many names used). Where? Ask some carriers who have cable or waves to/fro there (a pop at both locations is a good indicator). Be prepared though for a long search ending up with resellers or a very high bill. Your real problem is that even 40 G x-atlantic is small fries for the global carriers but kind of big fries (read: too big, too long or too complex (with waves)) for many 2nd tier players.

Good luck

• @jsg said:
    I think that a wave between AMS and DAL is unrealistic. I'd also be surprised if there were 10 G waves at all nowadays.
    So for less than 40 G you should look for a private "tunnel" (virtual circuit, etc. there are many names used). Where? Ask some carriers who have cable or waves to/fro there (a pop at both locations is a good indicator). Be prepared though for a long search ending up with resellers or a very high bill. Your real problem is that even 40 G x-atlantic is small fries for the global carriers but kind of big fries (read: too big, too long or too complex (with waves)) for many 2nd tier players.

Good luck

Will try contacts ISPs but in Europe we usual buy it from special providers...

@skyhost_ru said:

Which are, with lots of luck, high tiered resellers.

Btw, you'll highly likely have more luck looking at american providers because many of them already have (more or less) fat pipes to AMS while most european providers have limited presence over there, usually in or around NYC.

If you strongly prefer a european source you might want to contact backbone GmbH (sorry, I always forget their full name but it's something similar to what I wrote). They might even have a DAL pop.

• How much it must cost? Does anybody know market?

• @jsg said:

@skyhost_ru said:

Which are, with lots of luck, high tiered resellers.

Btw, you'll highly likely have more luck looking at american providers because many of them already have (more or less) fat pipes to AMS while most european providers have limited presence over there, usually in or around NYC.

If you strongly prefer a european source you might want to contact backbone GmbH (sorry, I always forget their full name but it's something similar to what I wrote). They might even have a DAL pop.

are you talking about https://www.core-backbone.com/en/kontaktformular/ ?

• gbshousegbshouse Member, Host Rep

Try DE-CIX with GlobalPeer service or HE.NET

• @gbshouse said:
    Try DE-CIX with GlobalPeer service or HE.NET

Thank you! May some other IX can do such services?

• jackbjackb Member, Host Rep

Even if he's not talking about them it is worth asking. Core-Backbone are great. Don't think they've got a Dallas PoP currently but might be able to connect in via DE-CIX Dallas to them. Have a chat with Andreas at Core-Backbone and see if he has any solutions

Yes, they are whom I meant. Sorry for the confusion but I just can't remember their proper name well.

They would be among the first whom I'd contact if I were in your situation.

• Hurricane Electric will probably be the cheapest, PM me if you'd like pricing.

PCCW can also provide this at pretty attractive prices.