Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone using Ubuntu 18.04 on Chicago VPS?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Anyone using Ubuntu 18.04 on Chicago VPS?

If so, can you give me some info on your swap setup? I'm having odd swap issues with a brand new install.

If you could post the results of:
fdisk -l
and
swapon -s

and the contents of your /etc/fstab file, I'd appreciate it.

Comments

• I love how a troll post about gasoline prices gets 52 responses on this site, but an honest question about, you know, low-end VPS's gets crickets.

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

You asked if anyone used Ubuntu 18 on ChicagoVPS if they could share swap info. Maybe nobody uses ChicagoVPS.

• @ras07 said:
    I love how a troll post about gasoline prices gets 52 responses on this site, but an honest question about, you know, low-end VPS's gets crickets.

You posted a question on LET specifically directed to anyone using ChicagoVPS.
    Do you have any idea why LET users wouldn't typically be using ChicagoVPS?

Thanked by 2ITLabs Amitz
  • @donli said:

Perhaps someone might bother to point that out? I dunno, seems more relevant to this forum than the latest global political conspiracy theory. Maybe that's just me.

Thanked by 1Ananchoreta
  • kkrajkkkrajk Member
    edited September 2019

Edit....

Ignore

• what is chicagovps?

• donlidonli Member
    edited September 2019

@ras07 said:

@donli said:

Perhaps someone might bother to point that out? I dunno, seems more relevant to this forum than the latest global political conspiracy theory. Maybe that's just me.

There are 2 reasons.

First is that ChicagoVPS isn't exactly as cheap as the low end providers you find here and on lowendbox.com.

Second is ChicagoVPS is actually owned by ColoCrossing which also owns/runs lowendtalk.com and lowendbox.com and for which people here tend to disfavor (even if only for their strong promotion on lowendbox.com of the services of their sketchy customers, and lack of any ability to do IPv6).

• @cybertech said:
    what is chicagovps?

A VPS in Chicago.

Thanked by 1cybertech
  • @cybertech said:
    what is chicagovps?

One of the Chicago Franchise shows: Chicago Fire, Chicago Med, Chicago PD, Chicago VPS.

Thanked by 2cybertech uptime