Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Oracle Cloud Free Tier - Page 29
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Oracle Cloud Free Tier

Comments

• @surihost said:
    I created the arm instance,but i don't see the " always free" next to the name of the instance? Is this normal or do we get charged for it?

Apologies if this has already been answered (I can't see shit) but if someone could chime in with a clarification that would be great.

• @eingress said:

@surihost said:
    I created the arm instance,but i don't see the " always free" next to the name of the instance? Is this normal or do we get charged for it?

Apologies if this has already been answered (I can't see shit) but if someone could chime in with a clarification that would be great.

First 3000 OCPU hours and 18000GB hours are free. That is equal to 4OCPU & 24GB ram 24/7.

Ampere instances created in first 30 days are terminated, after trial ends you can create another one. I think they do it to kill abandoned instances.

Thanked by 1eingress
  • My arm instance created on May 29th has never been terminated and is still active.
    (I think this is because I registered the payment information (credit card) in my Oracle account)

• @tototo said:
    My arm instance created on May 29th has never been terminated and is still active.
    (I think this is because I registered the payment information (credit card) in my Oracle account)

Everybody needs to do it and every Ampere is stopped after trial ends. If you dont upgrade to paid account then it is terminated.

"Ampere A1 Compute instances are disabled when your trial ends and then deleted (terminated) after 30 days, unless you upgrade to a paid account. To continue using Always Free Arm-based compute instances as an Always Free user, you must delete your existing Ampere A1 Compute instances and create new Ampere A1 Compute instances."
    https://docs.oracle.com/en-us/iaas/Content/FreeTier/freetier.htm

Thanked by 3tototo TimboJones Ouji
  • @AXYZE said:
    "Ampere A1 Compute instances are disabled when your trial ends and then deleted (terminated) after 30 days, unless you upgrade to a paid account. To continue using Always Free Arm-based compute instances as an Always Free user, you must delete your existing Ampere A1 Compute instances and create new Ampere A1 Compute instances."

Thank you for the information! I was confused because unless you upgrade to a paid account was removed in the localized page...

• HotmarerHotmarer Member
    edited August 2021

I waited 30 days for my trial to pass, I created an Ampere A1 ARM instance but it was automatically suspended after another 30 days.

Edit: But suspended does not equal removed. Therefore, I swapped the disk from the old instance with the new one along with the entire network configuration. The service interruption was less than 30 minutes.

• @Hotmarer said: I waited 30 days for my trial to pass, I created an Ampere A1 ARM instance but it was automatically suspended after another 30 days.

After the 30 days (or credit used) trial period, your account goes into 30 days grace period. All the resources from the trial period will remain active in this grace period.

As far I know ARM instances created in the trial or grace period, all get disabled after the grace period. This what my experience is like yours.

Thanked by 1Hotmarer
  • marianmarian Member
    edited August 2021

I have created my ARM instance on May 26, 2021 - is still up and idling the best out of it.

• dufudufu Member

I was running a headless x86 Android emulator which requires support for nested virtualization. This was working fine up until today. For some reason my VM rebooted and now nested virt is no longer enabled. Anyone else experienced this?

• Free tier on A1.Flex is amazing. 2 Ampere vCores + 12GB RAM...

Speed:
    [opc@pwdsrv ~]$ curl -s https://raw.githubusercontent.com/sivel/speedtest-cli/master/speedtest.py | python -
    Retrieving speedtest.net configuration...
    Testing from Oracle Cloud (130...*)...
    Retrieving speedtest.net server list...
    Selecting best server based on ping...
    Hosted by teliko GmbH (Limburg) [50.94 km]: 2.216 ms
    Testing download speed................................................................................
    Download: 760.87 Mbit/s
    Testing upload speed......................................................................................................
    Upload: 899.24 Mbit/s

Truly amazing, cannot believe it's "always free".

Not sure if I will keep it, because apps I use do not work on arm64 (cannot install bitwarden on docker)

Thanked by 1farsighter
  • @brejski said: Not sure if I will keep it, because apps I use do not work on arm64 (cannot install bitwarden on docker)

Do you use the official one or Vaultwarden? Vaultwarden support ARM.

• What Control Panel you managed to use with Oracle Arm?

I've only managed to get aaPanel working, but the TTFB is horrendous (2000 ms to 8000ms) with LEMP + WordPress.

As I'm quite noob, I think that another panel that isn't shady would be great.

• xaocxaoc Member

@heringer said:
    What Control Panel you managed to use with Oracle Arm?

I've only managed to get aaPanel working, but the TTFB is horrendous (2000 ms to 8000ms) with LEMP + WordPress.

None so far, been searching/testing quite a bit. Even voted on teh plesk uservoice thingy for ARM support. xD

• @heringer said:

Maybe you can try tinycp

• @xaoc said:

@heringer said:

None so far, been searching/testing quite a bit. Even voted on teh plesk uservoice thingy for ARM support. xD

I have vote for ARM support at Runcloud!

• @youandri said:

@heringer said:

Maybe you can try tinycp

You got it running? I will test it out.

• @heringer said:

@youandri said:

@heringer said:

Maybe you can try tinycp

You got it running? I will test it out.

Yes, use it until now.

• Isn't tinycp trial ware? Any day they will switch to paid model.

• Update: "All tenancies get six public IPv4 addresses for Always Free compute instances". Very good, but still needs to expand storage to 300GB to get 6 instances running.

• xaocxaoc Member

@holve said:
    but still needs to expand storage to 300GB to get 6 instances running.

Not really ;)

• @xaoc said:

@holve said:

Not really ;)

Each boot volume is at least 47GB. How do you get 6 instances ?

• xaocxaoc Member

@holve said:

@xaoc said:

@holve said:

Not really ;)

Each boot volume is at least 47GB. How do you get 6 instances ?

There was a bug in their deployment thingy, not sure if it's still there. It was mentioned in the last few pages. xD

• I'm using an ARM instance for a modded Minecraft server, it works surprisingly well for a free thing. I guess they really want people to consider ARM-based servers for things?

• They accepted my card, but I wasn't able to complete the registration process due to error. :( Any tips?

• @dimqua said:
    They accepted my card, but I wasn't able to complete the registration process due to error. :( Any tips?

Firefox? Had similar problem there. No problem on Chrome & Opera.

Thanked by 1dimqua
  • @dimqua said:
    They accepted my card, but I wasn't able to complete the registration process due to error. :( Any tips?

Their system to check card is not good. Said accepted, but when activate trial, said rejected, but you can check the charge of 1 usd in the card. Seems just doesn't like some cards, because you can't reuse that, only solution is use other card.

Thanked by 1dimqua
  • All charges are temporary holds. They did a couple $1 charges and when you upgrade to pay as you go, there is a $100 charge.

• @cadddr said:
    All charges are temporary holds. They did a couple $1 charges and when you upgrade to pay as you go, there is a $100 charge.

Seriously? $100 from free usage? 😅

• Like i said, it's a hold that disappears within 24hrs(depends on your bank). You can also choose to stay in the free tier after your trial.

Thanked by 1AXYZE
  • alaraqalaraq Member
    edited September 2021

After chat with support, they tell me this:
    Resume: After 2 month, free account is empty garbage not usable, if you DONT PAY..... any experience?.
    Asterisk/dotted answer is support.

• in free tier account , one month of trial plus one month of grace
      03:32 am
      Skill says

• total 2 momths
      Skill says

• after that it generally gets purged if not upgraded
      I say
      after 2 month cant use anything?