Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Oracle Cloud Free Tier - Page 28
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Oracle Cloud Free Tier

Comments

• HakimHakim Member

@chedenaz said: Will free tier capacity ever become available or should I just give up?

"Hi all,

We are adding capacity as fast as we can get it, but the demand is out running build capacity, especially for free tier. We also committed certain capacity to open source projects to do porting/testing and this demand has also been higher than expected.

More capacity is due this month including additional regions and more free tier capacity."

From one of OCI employe 4 days ago on Reddit.

Thanked by 1chedenaz
  • rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

@Hakim said: free tier capacity

Is this all about ARM, or the x86 ones are also out of stock?

• AXYZEAXYZE Member

@chedenaz said:
    Will free tier capacity ever become available or should I just give up?

It's random, you need to try again and again :)

Thanked by 1chedenaz
  • AXYZEAXYZE Member
    edited July 2021

@rm_ said:

@Hakim said: free tier capacity

Is this all about ARM, or the x86 ones are also out of stock?

and also here's info from Oracle

Thanked by 1chedenaz
  • Am I correct in assuming that I can keep for free indefinitely two AMD x86 instances with public IPv4 and 4 ARM instances with IPv6?

Thanked by 1Chuck
  • holveholve Member

@elwebmaster said:
    Am I correct in assuming that I can keep for free indefinitely two AMD x86 instances with public IPv4 and 4 ARM instances with IPv6?

It is not possible, free storage for only 4 instances

• @holve said:

@elwebmaster said:
    Am I correct in assuming that I can keep for free indefinitely two AMD x86 instances with public IPv4 and 4 ARM instances with IPv6?

It is not possible, free storage for only 4 instances

Ok, so 4 instances. Any other constrains I should be aware of? Limits on bandwidth?

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

@elwebmaster said: Ok, so 4 instances. Any other constrains I should be aware of? Limits on bandwidth?

See here: https://www.oracle.com/cloud/free/#always-free

What it doesn't seem to mention, there also will be only 3 public IPv4 to use (2 ephemeral + 1 reserved) across the 4 VMs.

• Has anyone used their email delivery service (SES alternative), was curious if someone experienced it first hand

• AXYZEAXYZE Member

So I successfully created Ampere A1 instance after midnight, but it turned off by itself at night (4:10) and now I cant turn it on because of classic "out of host capacity". Anyone else got this problem? I only benchmarked yabs.sh after it was deployed and then it was idling for couple of hours lol

• cadddrcadddr Member

I just signed up and it seems better than the netcup 200-G8. I wonder how long this will last.

• @mehargags said: Has anyone used their email delivery service (SES alternative), was curious if someone experienced it first hand

I tried but the IP addresses had a poor reputation and there are no logs. In addition, several times when sending, system did not want to send the e-mail, I do not know why.

• @AXYZE said: So I successfully created Ampere A1 instance after midnight, but it turned off by itself at night (4:10) and now I cant turn it on because of classic "out of host capacity". Anyone else got this problem? I only benchmarked yabs.sh after it was deployed and then it was idling for couple of hours lol

Create a different account for a different location like Switzerland. Frankfurt is always full.

• AXYZEAXYZE Member

@Hotmarer said:

@AXYZE said: So I successfully created Ampere A1 instance after midnight, but it turned off by itself at night (4:10) and now I cant turn it on because of classic "out of host capacity". Anyone else got this problem? I only benchmarked yabs.sh after it was deployed and then it was idling for couple of hours lol

Create a different account for a different location like Switzerland. Frankfurt is always full.

Multiaccount with same details is allowed?

• henixhenix Member

@AXYZE said:

@Hotmarer said:

@AXYZE said: So I successfully created Ampere A1 instance after midnight, but it turned off by itself at night (4:10) and now I cant turn it on because of classic "out of host capacity". Anyone else got this problem? I only benchmarked yabs.sh after it was deployed and then it was idling for couple of hours lol

Multiaccount with same details is allowed?

He didn't say to use the same details...

• AXYZEAXYZE Member
    edited July 2021

https://cloud.oracle.com/ down?

Edit: Yup, console down in all regions https://ocistatus.oraclecloud.com/

• my account got terminated after a week, no reason provided from oracle.
    seriously oracle?

• hzhoangleehzhoanglee Member
    edited August 2021

@season said:
    my account got terminated after a week, no reason provided from oracle.
    seriously oracle?

Same but a month ._.
    Asked them via live chat, they said they cannot reactive and suddenly exit the live chat

• So I've activated IPv6 in my instance and I can ping & curl IPv6 addresses. Now how do I forward /64 block traffic to an instance? I want to create an IPv6 tunnel for OpenVPN so that clients (who don't get IPv6 from the ISPs) connecting to my server can get an IPv6 connection, and the tutorials I found mention I need to forward them. Route Table doesn't seem to be the way forward because I just keep errors about it already covered for /56 allocation.

• @season said:
    seriously oracle?

Oracle ban account without warning or explain reason

• @holve said:

@season said:
    seriously oracle?

Seriously? No warning? The account just can't login?
    Should we worry? :hushed:

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited August 2021

@holve said:

@season said:
    seriously oracle?

• @youandri said:

@holve said:

@season said:
    seriously oracle?

Seriously? No warning? The account just can't login?
    Should we worry? :hushed:

Account is not deleted, just send you to a FORBIDDEN page, and if you request about your services just send you to PLANNED OUTAGE

Thanked by 1youandri
  • "Always Free Resources

All Oracle Cloud Infrastructure accounts (whether free or paid) have a set of resources that are free of charge for the life of the account."

I don't know about conditions of "... life of the account."

During trial days I upgraded my account "to pay as you go" and after a week or so, banned, I was running only 2 idle always free instances and were deleted.

• xaocxaoc Member

@holve said:
    "Always Free Resources

All Oracle Cloud Infrastructure accounts (whether free or paid) have a set of resources that are free of charge for the life of the account."

During trial days I upgraded my account "to pay as you go" and after a week or so, banned, I was running only 2 idle always free instances and were deleted.

Maybe they didn't like yer payment method?

• @xaoc said:

@holve said:
    "Always Free Resources

Maybe they didn't like yer payment method?

Yes, maybe, but my CC is used without problem for other services, and Oracle didn't said me any reason.
    I just accepted this: "11. Termination of Use
    Oracle may, in its sole discretion, at any time discontinue providing or limit access to the Site, any areas of the Site or Content provided on or through the Site. You agree that Oracle may, in its sole discretion, at any time, terminate or limit your access to, or use of, the Site or any Content."

• @minetaro12 said:

@Crus said:

@minetaro12 said: However, it is strange that the instance I created after the trial ended was shut down.

So you faced the same issue as @somewherenear here?
    What response did you get?

I'm sorry for the misunderstanding.
    I have not had the same problem.
    They said they would never shut down an arm instance created after the trial ended.
    I created an arm instance after the trial ended and am waiting to see what happens.

It's been a while.
    My OracleCloud trial and grace period has ended.
    My trial period ended on July 9, so I recreated my ARM instance.
    However, my ARM instance was automatically terminated yesterday on August 9, the day my grace period ended.
    I noticed it right away and luckily was able to recreate it.
    Probably the ARM instances created during the grace period will also be terminated.
    It may be that the resources are separated between paid and free accounts.

Thanked by 1Not_Oles
  • I have two instances of Oracle VM running on Free Tier at Brazil and everything is fine. I've installed aapanel into one VM and cyberpanel to another one and both workis fine.
    I always worked with shared hosting and think the two panels are easy to learn. Is there any good alternative that I should know?

Thanked by 1Ouji
  • @jfzanato said: Is there any good alternative that I should know?

TinyCP maybe?

• @jfzanato said: Is there any good alternative that I should know?

ISPconfig