Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Advertise on LowEndTalk.com
Oracle Cloud Free Tier - Page 12
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

Oracle Cloud Free Tier

167891012»

Comments

• @elliotc said:
    My instance alive for 200days (at least) without any downtime. I am start thinking what can I do with it.

Update it and reboot it.

• kalipuskalipus Member
    edited March 4

use as nameserver, i got my third now in Osaka <3

• rchurchrchurch Member

What do cloud servers do Google and Microsoft offer for free?

I know Amazon also has something similar but I don't know what it does

Affiliate Links: Prometeus - Rock Solid KVM | Xen | OpenVZ    Netcup coupon 36nc15356334959

• rm_rm_ Member

What do cloud servers do Google and Microsoft offer for free?

I know Amazon also has something similar but I don't know what it does

As far as I know none of those offer them with unmetered or high bandwidth as here, so you might get a VPS for free, but then it's either 1 GB bandwidth included, or none at all (and it's all paid).

Thanked by 1rchurch
  • rm_rm_ Member

They enabled IPv6! Some people got it working already. The setup is complex, have to enable and add it in like 5 different places. Search for "IPv6" in the top search bar, check out the docs (which still say it is only or the US Government).

However I'm not having a success adding it to mine so far.

Adding IPv6 to existing Subnet fails:

Created a new Subnet, but there's no way to switch a VNIC from one Subnet to another. And cannot create additional VNIC, because the limit on their amount is reached. And cannot delete the existing VNIC (no such function), I suppose cuz it's the only one for the instance.

Post your experiences, do you get the above error too?

• dfroedfroe Member, Provider

@rm_ said: Post your experiences

Working great. :)

I went through the whole IPv6 documentation, step by step. It took some time, but in the end it worked perfectly fine.
    Within my Debian OS I can statically configure the IPv6 address with /64 mask in /etc/network/interface and simply use accept_ra to retrieve the gateway.

Maybe Tokyo network isn't IPv6 ready yet? My free tier instance is in Frankfurt.

HOST: debian                      Loss%   Snt   Last   Avg  Best  Wrst StDev
      1.|-- 2603:c000:200::xxxx:xxxx   0.0%    10    0.2   0.2   0.2   0.2   0.0
      2.|-- 2001:668:0:3:ffff:1:0:e1a  0.0%    10    0.8   0.8   0.6   1.1   0.1
      3.|-- ae19.cr2-fra6.ip6.gtt.net  0.0%    10    1.4   2.7   0.7  17.1   5.1
      4.|-- 2001:668:0:3:ffff:1:0:b06  0.0%    10    1.4   5.3   1.2  19.4   7.3
      5.|-- one.one.one.one            0.0%    10    1.0   0.8   0.7   1.0   0.1

it-df.net: IT-Service David Froehlich | Individual network and hosting solutions | AS39083 | RIPE LIR services (IPv4, IPv6, ASN)

• rm_rm_ Member
    edited April 15

@dfroe said: I went through the whole IPv6 documentation, step by step.

Well, the steps are to create everything anew:

Task 1: Create the IPv6-enabled VCN
    Task 2: Create a regional IPv6-enabled public subnet
    Task 3: Create the internet gateway

If you went step by step and created all that, how do you switch existing instances to the new IPv6-enabled subnet? My issue is I can't add IPv6 to the existing subnet, and there's no way to switch an existing VNIC to a different subnet.

Meanwhile, I deleted one instance (keeping the boot volume), and recreated the instance itself, selecting the new subnet on creation. This worked fine, and IPv6 works now for that one.

• dfroedfroe Member, Provider

@rm_ said: Well, the steps are to create everything anew:

Indeed you are right. I went through all the steps and whenever and object already existed I first tried to edit the existing one instead of creating a new one.

When I reached the step you posted in your screenshot, I was actually able to save the changes for assigning an IPv6 CIDR block. I chose something != 0 for my subnet though this shouldn't matter.

it-df.net: IT-Service David Froehlich | Individual network and hosting solutions | AS39083 | RIPE LIR services (IPv4, IPv6, ASN)

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member
    edited April 16

Congratulations, you have been delisted from:
    No IPv6 hall of shame

• GitHub
    • Docker Hub
    • Google Cloud
    • Oracle Cloud
    • Outlook
    • SparkPost
    • ColonCrossing - VirMach, RackNerd
    • XetHost
    • SoftShellWeb (San Jose only)
    • HostSolutions (unless you pay €69 sister setup fee)
    • IOFlood
    • KhanWebHost
    • Spearware Networks
    • Wishosting
    • Reprise Hosting
    • Limitless Hosting
    • HostWebis
    • Nexus Bytes (shared hosting only)
    • Oplink
    • Leapswitch Networks (except Mumbai)

Include IPv6, by default, to get delisted.

I snagged Deal of the Year: $6.9/year, 6 vCPU, 8GB RAM, 105GB NVMe - but it got away.

• @yoursunny said: No IPv6 hall of shame

Have you thought about automating this process? Use the public routing tables and see which ASNs don't have IPv6.

• WilliamWilliam Member, Provider

@stevewatson301 said: Use the public routing tables and see which ASNs don't have IPv6.

Most providers here dont even use their own ASN or IPs.