Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cheap Dedicated Server for Streaming at Twitch
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Cheap Dedicated Server for Streaming at Twitch

Hello, we have a gameserver and in the next 2 months we will be organizing an event for the players. We would like to host our twitch event automatically 24 hours a day.

I would like suggestions from cheap windows dedi for this task.

I believe between 8 or 16 gb ram.
Good CPU (I heard streaming with OBS Studio requires good CPU)
GPU / Video card i don't know if it's needed our game are similar to League of Legends
OS: Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10 (im not sure if our game run at windows server)
100 Mbps
Bandwidth: Unlimited
We will stream at twitch.

Comments

• Location? Budget? Hetzner might be good for EU, and ReliableSites @MrRadic or drServer @Radi or @TNAHosting comes in mind for US

Thanked by 2jooja Hetzner_OL
  • RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran
    edited September 2019

We can definitely offer that, but I am not sure whether your game requires GPU. Will you be playing the game on the server over RDP?

Thanked by 1jooja
  • joojajooja Member
    edited September 2019

Doesn't matter the location i guess. US or EU are fine.
    We would just open the game at the server and stream server screen

• SmartHostSmartHost Patron Provider, Veteran
    edited September 2019

Need confirmation on the GPU, and on the O/S.
    Hosts typically will not offer Windows desktop versions, only server versions.

• You might want to spin up an hourly VM to check if you need GPU and Windows Server will wprk out for you, as well as the needed CPU specs

• @sanvit said:
    You might want to spin up an hourly VM to check if you need GPU and Windows Server will wprk out for you, as well as the needed CPU specs

Any VM to recommend? Thank you

• @jooja said:

@sanvit said:
    You might want to spin up an hourly VM to check if you need GPU and Windows Server will wprk out for you, as well as the needed CPU specs

Any VM to recommend? Thank you

I would recommend Vultr since it's the only one providing Windows Server (between the big 3 :DO, Vultr, and Linode). You can use my affiliate link and get $50 credit that you can use for 1 month.

• Tested, game doesnt work with Windows Server but i installed 7 and it works fine.
    The stream looks like a little bit laggy i tested on a vps with 8 GB RAM, 4 Cores.
    Maybe videocard is needed.
    But i dont know which videocard, since its an old game maybe an old videocard would work.

• sanvitsanvit Member
    edited September 2019

@jooja said:
    Tested, game doesnt work with Windows Server but i installed 7 and it works fine.
    The stream looks like a little bit laggy i tested on a vps with 8 GB RAM, 4 Cores.
    But i dont know which videocard, since its an old game maybe an old videocard would work.

If it's and old game, an iGPU may be able to cover it? Try finding a server with Intel i series CPU, or maybe a small GPU (or maybe just try running at your home only using the iGPU) and do a test drive. iirc @GTHost has trial servers?

Edit :GTHost only seems to have Xeon servers without iGPU. Sorry :(

• @sanvit said:

@jooja said:
    Tested, game doesnt work with Windows Server but i installed 7 and it works fine.

If it's and old game, an iGPU may be able to cover it? Try finding a server with Intel i series CPU, or maybe a small GPU (or maybe just try running at your home only using the iGPU) and do a test drive. iirc @GTHost has trial servers?

Edit :GTHost only seems to have Xeon servers without iGPU. Sorry :(

Im about to order this one, but i am not sure if it will work. also never hear of this company ikoula is it trustable?
    GPU Master**
    Intel® Xeon® E3 1230v5
    1 CPU (4C/8T)
    @3.4 GHz 16 GB DDR4
    1 TB SATA 3
    GF GTX 1070
    8 GB / 1920 Coeurs
    €89.99EX.VAT/MTH

• That seems a bit overkill, but if it works out for you than why not? :)

I never used ikoula, but iirc they had some mixed reviews. I think I heard their panel is aweful, but not sure if I'm just mixing up with another provider. If you're not sure, you might want to give a search on LET. Pinging @ikoula might be a good solution too :)

• I think @ikoula is actually pretty good for low-cost dedicated servers - at least they were fine when I tried them a couple years ago.

The panel just needs to be navigated carefully every now and then. I'm not sure it's any worse than the OVH panel experience (okay that's not saying much I know).

They are available on LET sometimes - maybe check this thread from March for some ideas - https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/156436/ikoula-classic-dedis-offer-c-storage-c-memory-c-core

They did want a scanned copy of my drivers license every single time I ordered a server from them. Okay, whatever ... but once should be enough I think? Anyway, I'll probably order something again from them sometime, one of these days.

Thanked by 1sanvit
  • @sanvit said:
    That seems a bit overkill, but if it works out for you than why not? :)

I never used ikoula, but iirc they had some mixed reviews. I think I heard their panel is aweful, but not sure if I'm just mixing up with another provider. If you're not sure, you might want to give a search on LET. Pinging @ikoula might be a good solution too :)

True looks like overkill but i couldnt find any other dedicated server with a small GPU :neutral:
    Any other suggestions?

• @jooja said:

@sanvit said:

True looks like overkill but i couldnt find any other dedicated server with a small GPU :neutral:
    Any other suggestions?

You might want to look at some Hetzner auction dedis. Did you try using iGPUs instead?

Thanked by 1Hetzner_OL
  • @sanvit said:

@jooja said:

@sanvit said:

Any other suggestions?

You might want to look at some Hetzner auction dedis. Did you try using iGPUs instead?

Not really, which specs have iGPU? E3?

• @jooja said:

@sanvit said:

@jooja said:

@sanvit said:

Any other suggestions?

Not really, which specs have iGPU? E3?

iirc all core-i series (except for the ones ending with F) should have iGPU on it. iirc some server boards don't support iGPU so you should also check on that too

• The i7s in Hetzner auction have iGPUs

• Have you checked nocix.net yet?

• @uptime said:
    Have you checked nocix.net yet?

They dont have server with GPU

Thanked by 1uptime
  • serverofferserveroffer Member, Patron Provider

We have multiple dedicated server stock options available with GPU/iGPU