Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CloudCone is down for last 4 hours. Are you guys affected?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

CloudCone is down for last 4 hours. Are you guys affected?

I have some services running in the CloudCone. Some automation bots are hosted there which automate some of my business tasks.

However, I'm lucky, I had no website hosted with their compute engine. I got a dedicated server with them which isn't affected. Seems only virtual machines went down.

Is there anyone who is facing the same?

Thanked by 1Sofia_K

Comments

• CloudconeCloudcone Member, Patron Provider
    edited September 2019

Hi,

Please follow our status page for updates https://status.cloudcone.com, we're aware of this issue and working on getting virtual servers back online.

Thanked by 3XiNiX kkrajk Sofia_K
  • @Cloudcone said:
    Hi,

Please follow our status page for updates https://status.cloudcone.com, we're aware of this issue and working on getting virtual servers back online.

I saw that, but you're taking too long. Not sure if everyone can tolerate such downtime...

• First-RootFirst-Root Member, Host Rep
    edited September 2019

so you saw their status page and ask on LET if someone else is facing the same?

• CloudconeCloudcone Member, Patron Provider
    edited September 2019

We know, We're waiting till our datacenter Multacom.com resolves their problem with the chillers. Their lateness affects us at the moment.

^ This is not an excuse, but there is nothing we can do until Multacom.com updates us.

• @Cloudcone said:
    We know, We're waiting till our datacenter Multacom.com resolves their problem with the chillers. Their lateness affects us at the moment.

^ This is not an excuse, but there is nothing we can do until Multacom.com updates us.

People are losing millions, do better.

• BlaZeBlaZe Member, Host Rep

@IFightCode said:
    I saw that, but you're taking too long. Not sure if everyone can tolerate such downtime...

Everyone? you just speak for yourself, not everyone!

Thanked by 2pluush Cloudcone
  • 10 hours and still not fixed. It's time to say Good Bye...

• JordJord Moderator, Host Rep

I'm sorry but if these automation bots are so critical to your business then why don't you host them over a few hosts? To make sure they are also available to you. Unless you don't have backups?

• @Jord said:
    I'm sorry but if these automation bots are so critical to your business then why don't you host them over a few hosts? To make sure they are also available to you. Unless you don't have backups?

I've already deployed those to EC2, within 30 min when the issue arose.

However, I found CloudCone with no control over the data center and it directed me to say goodbye.

edited September 2019

Right ok, but if you colo servers or rent a cage in a Datacentre that normally means you don't have control over how they are run. So it isn't CloudCones fault the DC's HVAC stopped working. Not everyone has millions to buy and run their own DC. These things happen, unfortunately.

Looks like to me they've kept their customers updated and tried their best to get things back online. Least they are trying.

Thanked by 2sanvit Cloudcone
  • Honestly with that kind of attitude just stay with amazon xD. Shit happens and you didn't have any automatic redundancy plan in place. Your fault and your fault alone.

Thanked by 3imok Waldo19 Sofia_K
  • Jord said: Right ok, but if you colo servers or rent a cage in a Datacentre that normally means you don't have control over how they are run. So it isn't CloudCones fault the DC's HVAC stopped working. Not everyone has millions to buy and run their own DC. These things happen, unfortunately.

Understood.

• IFightCodeIFightCode Member
    edited September 2019

james50a said: Honestly with that kind of attitude just stay with amazon xD. Shit happens and you didn't have any automatic redundancy plan in place. Your fault and your fault alone.

As my services were crucial, I migrated within 30 min. So, now, I'm not being affected.

But there are many who are not able to move quickly and losing business...

• FR_Michael said: so you saw their status page and ask on LET if someone else is facing the same?

I checked the status page after posting here.

• So this thread is a complaint because others are being affected and not complaining?

• imok said: So this thread is a complaint because others are being affected and not complaining?

I was not able to contact them, support was also down, so I wanted to be sure if others are facing the same. Or the issue was only for me.

I'm not seeing anything wrong here. Can you please help me to understand what did I do wrong here?

• deankdeank Member, Troll
    edited September 2019

The end is nigh.

Also, PMS Is strong with this one.

Thanked by 1NobodyInteresting
  • acidpukeacidpuke Member
    edited September 2019

I'm not seeing anything wrong here. Can you please help me to understand what did I do wrong here?

You clearly stated in your OP

However, I'm lucky, I had no website hosted with their compute engine. I got a dedicated server with them which isn't affected.

So what is your purpose with this thread, complain about something your not affected by or you gloating that your better with a dedicated server?

• acidpuke said: So what is your purpose with this thread, complain about something your not affected by or you gloating that your better with a dedicated server?

My purpose was to verify if only I was affected with VMs or also the other people. Later on, from @Cloudcone's reply, I came to learn that the issue is with almost everyone.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider
  • @IFightCode said:

acidpuke said: So what is your purpose with this thread, complain about something your not affected by or you gloating that your better with a dedicated server?

My purpose was to verify if only I was affected with VMs or also the other people. Later on, from @Cloudcone's reply, I came to learn that the issue is with almost everyone.

Why? What does it matter if it’s you or everyone?

• Wow, this guy is an asshole...

Downtime happens. Servers break. AC pump hot air.

Grow the fuck up.

@Cloudcone mind shooting me a deal, and I'll buy a VM from you.

• HarambeHarambe Member, Host Rep

What am I missing? From the status page it looks like they kept everyone in the loop from the start of the incident and with regular updates as they got info from DC/got services back up. Not sure you can ask for much more than that when shit breaks randomly.

@Harambe said:
    What am I missing? From the status page it looks like they kept everyone in the loop from the start of the incident and with regular updates as they got info from DC/got services back up. Not sure you can ask for much more than that when shit breaks randomly.

Totally agree, I have no idea why this thread was even started. It was out of their hands and these things happen. Not often but they do. I feel sorry for @CloudClone

• TheLinuxBugTheLinuxBug Member
    edited September 2019

IFightCode said: As my services were crucial, I migrated within 30 min. So, now, I'm not being affected.

But there are many who are not able to move quickly and losing business...

So, the question you should be asking your self, if the application is as crucial as you say, is why are you running this on a $7.00 server from a provider on LowEndTalk? I would argue if your upset the only person you have to be upset at, is your self. No one in their right mind is going to run something critical to their business on a $7.00 a month unmanaged service and expect 100% uptime. There is a reason EC2 / Google costs what they do.

This isn't even CloudCone's fault, it sounds like they have done exactly what they should, addressed the issue and notified their customers. There is nothing more they CAN do. Much like you, they are at the mercy of their upstream provider and I am sure they have far more clients to answer to than you do.

If you have problems with the uptime of such cheap UNMANAGED services, then purchase a higher tier product from a larger provider whom provides management and SLA guarantees that match your needs included with the contract.

Otherwise, you have no right to complain about a few hours of downtime and instead should move your services to your back-up and then when things return, move it back and move on.

my 2 cents.

Cheers!

• @IFightCode said:

acidpuke said: So what is your purpose with this thread, complain about something your not affected by or you gloating that your better with a dedicated server?

Didn't the status page give you a big enough hint that its not just you?

Thanked by 1Cloudcone
  • @t0ny0 said:

@IFightCode said:

Did you not grok what he said that you quoted?

He didn't know about or see the status page until after he started this thread and Cloudcone pointed out the url. At this point, the thread should have ended with "thanks", but then LET had to keep shitting on OP for having the audacity to post about downtime.

Not all providers have status pages and even then,some don't link to it in obvious places. I assume the status page is linked from their support panel as I don't see it linked on main page or menu select. The first time I had downtime with another provider I opened a ticket to say they should send notifications and they pointed me to their status page which had subscription notification (awesome). Then I said they should make that more obvious, and then they added the link to their webpage footer like all providers should.

• @TimboJones said:

@t0ny0 said:

@IFightCode said:

Did you not grok what he said that you quoted?

He didn't know about or see the status page until after he started this thread and Cloudcone pointed out the url. At this point, the thread should have ended with "thanks", but then LET had to keep shitting on OP for having the audacity to post about downtime.

Not all providers have status pages and even then,some don't link to it in obvious places. I assume the status page is linked from their support panel as I don't see it linked on main page or menu select. The first time I had downtime with another provider I opened a ticket to say they should send notifications and they pointed me to their status page which had subscription notification (awesome). Then I said they should make that more obvious, and then they added the link to their webpage footer like all providers should.

Gotcha. So we should tolerate him, even though he was lazy enough not to get his rear on google and search for "cloudcone status"? A lot faster than making a thread, don't you think?
    Granted, they provider could have added it on their website, but if the first thing that you do is get on LET and create a pointless thread - then yeah, LET will go down on him hard.

This discussion has been closed.