Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Somewhat cheap shared host with ffmpeg availability
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Somewhat cheap shared host with ffmpeg availability

newbi3newbi3 Member
edited September 2019 in Requests

I'm looking for a somewhat cheap shared host with FFmpeg. There won't be lot of FFmpeg processing tho. Maybe around $12/year? Is it even possible? I don't need much space. Around 10gb would be enough.

Comments

• What are you doing with FFmpeg that is "not a lot of processing" ?

Thanked by 1postcd
  • IMO the 10GB/$12/y is already a hard requirement

• @sanvit said:
    IMO the 10GB/$12/y is already a hard requirement

I have seen a few hosting providers that do sales in that price range but they don't have ffmpeg.

@corbpie said:
    What are you doing with FFmpeg that is "not a lot of processing" ?

I'm going to host a video hosting site (something like Youtube) but I will be the only one posting videos (and around 2-3 videos per week). So I guess it won't do lot of processing?

• If you increase your budget a little bit ($15 to $18) then you can get some OpenVZ VPS where you can use ffmpeg.

BF/CM is round the corner so if you wait a little bit, might get a very good deal.

• You can also use AWS Media Convert. The prices are quite reasonable at $0.015 per minute for HD stream with multiple output formats.

• williewillie Member
    edited September 2019

If it's just a few videos a week, convert offline before uploading. Even without ffmpeg, good luck hosting something like youtube on a $12/year shared plan.

Thanked by 1ViridWeb
  • ViridWebViridWeb Member, Host Rep

Shared Hosting is not recommended at all for video sharing websites.
    You should increase your budget little bit more and grab VPS

• @ViridWeb said:
    Shared Hosting is not recommended at all for video sharing websites.
    You should increase your budget little bit more and grab VPS

Actually it's not going to be a huge video sharing website. I'm just gonna upload 2-3 videos per week (can't expect huge traffic either) But yeah, I will try to go with a VPS. Thanks!

• james50ajames50a Member
    edited September 2019

Or you know just use youtube XD. Budget is unrealistic even for bf to be doing encoding and have storage for videos

• SpryServers_TabSpryServers_Tab Member, Host Rep

Our shared hosting supports ffmpeg, but yeah not for $12/yr. Unless you get our WordPress plan. That technically supports ffmpeg, but it's in violation of our TOS to use the site for something other than WordPress. (and it's only 1G)

• If you allow $24/year, i can setup it for you (PM)