Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

cheap smtp email service
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

cheap smtp email service

i need a smtp service to set up account validation and recovery emails on a wordpress site.

i don't want install mail server on my own vps -_-

going to be around 10-15 daily emails for a time and maybe less

any cheap suggestions?

Comments

• GuyPGuyP Member
    edited September 2019

gmail. configure your app to use it as a relay. the "gmail smtp" plugin for wordpress.

Thanked by 1Sofia_K
  • Amazon SES would cost you around $0.05/m + data transfer fees. Mailjet and SendGrid has free plans too. Personally hate sendgrid (aweful deliverability) and not tried mailjet.

You could also get a MXroute account and use it as a relay, or one of @MikePT's shared hosting and use it as a relay as well (MailChannels)

• For that low volume and the importance of delivery of those emails, SES would be best.

Thanked by 1tetech
  • Try MXRoute Service

• ManishPantManishPant Member, Host Rep

You can checkout Zoho Free option too

• alentoalento Member, Host Rep

+1 MXroute

Thanked by 1poisson
  • WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

Amazon SES is very cheap

• Use sendgrid, you will get 200 emails per days free and you can setup it as relay in postfix.

• Amazon SES is very cheap, and also already used Google SMTP. Is good too for you who have small mail bounce.

• Socketlabs and Sparkpost both are good. Socketlabs offers 40K emails for a month with their special offer. Even SendinBlue is popular one (that I've used). They charge for actual emails and not for the contact list. So you can grow the list without extra $ spend.

Thanked by 1coreflux
  • @TheKiller said:
    Use sendgrid, you will get 200 emails per days free and you can setup it as relay in postfix.

SendGrid's free plan sucks. Their IPs are blacklisted like hell, and they couldn't care less. I contacted them.regarding it, and they told me that I should upgrade.

• sanvit said: SendGrid's free plan sucks

agree. When I used their free tier all emails went to Gmail's SPAM box. It didn't even arrive on Mail.com/GMX inboxes/spam folders. Their system blocked those email before reaching the recipients. Earlier SendGrid was quite reliable but in last 7-8 months (when I tried them) the free plan was not even reliable for sending trial emails.

• Can't even imagine how I survived without MXRoute. Absolutely perfect service for little money.

• bikegremlinbikegremlin Member
    edited September 2019

@Sofia_K said:

sanvit said: SendGrid's free plan sucks

agree. When I used their free tier all emails went to Gmail's SPAM box. It didn't even arrive on Mail.com/GMX inboxes/spam folders. Their system blocked those email before reaching the recipients. Earlier SendGrid was quite reliable but in last 7-8 months (when I tried them) the free plan was not even reliable for sending trial emails.

Been testing SendGrid in the past months. From what I could gather, their paid tier with a dedicated IP address, even though expensive (starting from 80$ per month) is among the least bad solutions for mass email sending.

However, their free tier IPs were on several blacklists, with every email I've test-sent.

Also, the (free tier service) tech. support was next to useless - got the answers I needed from the MXroute support (yes, the provider that claims they only offer limited support :) ).

Very happy with MXroute so far. They are still selling lifetime licenses, which might end up really cheap provided they keep the service quality (excellent so far) and stay in the business (it's practically a one man show for all I know, with all the pros and cons of that).

Thanked by 2jar coreflux
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

bikegremlin said: it's practically a one man show for all I know, with all the pros and cons of that

I like to think of it as a family business. There are plans in place to keep it alive longer than myself.

Thanked by 2bikegremlin Ole_Juul
  • jar said: I like to think of it as a family business.

lol

Thanked by 3jar vimalware Francisco
  • maybe it's only me who don't take email seriously. I barely do email anyway. 98% of my inbox are just promotions, ads, youtube reply, forum reply, and spams.

But I do fancy a beautiful email domain. [email protected] , damn that would be awesome.

Thanked by 2jar coreflux

creep said: maybe it's only me who don't take email seriously

It's crazy how many of my customers are people who never did and wish to return to a time when they don't. It's so frustrating when you're just running a Wordpress blog and expect it to work, and now you can't because Bobby next door really wants his catchall without SRS to Yahoo and now Yahoo is thinking bad things about your whole netblock.

Thanked by 1creep
  • Yandex Mail for domain

• @jar said:

bikegremlin said: it's practically a one man show for all I know, with all the pros and cons of that

I like to think of it as a family business. There are plans in place to keep it alive longer than myself.

That's good to hear.
    Knock on wood.

Always hoping for the best, but preparing for the worst.

Few "jobs ago", I went out of my way to document every setup and procedure, so anyone could take over. When boss asked why I was doing that, the reply was: "setting you up to be taken care of in case a car hits me on the way home" (I cycle to work always). :)

Thanked by 2kkrajk jar
  • It's risky to use mxroute for mass mailing. 1$ per email is a nasty charge, espwcially if you don't have bullet proof mail list with quad opt-in + additional opt-in for 'just in case'.

Amazon SES.

• Try namecheap Private Email Hosting.I'm using it and it's useful.

Thanked by 1Sofia_K
    edited September 2019

@LTniger said:
    It's risky to use mxroute for mass mailing. 1$ per email is a nasty charge, espwcially if you don't have bullet proof mail list with quad opt-in + additional opt-in for 'just in case'.

Amazon SES.

Not fair or true. It’s risky for people who sign up with the intent of spamming that then execute their intent, just as two out of tens of thousands of users have discovered.

Anyway I’m not recommending myself or here to derail this thread, just won’t let that be said without a correction. A lot of people love SES and I’m sure it’s a sound recommendation.

Thanked by 1bikegremlin
  • For your looking for gratis:

Here is Migadu.com

Start For Free, Change Plans Anytime

Before paying a cent, all our users evaluate Migadu through our free, unlimited trial plan. The free plan supports one email domain, unlimited number of mailboxes, 1 Gigabyte of email storage and 10 outgoing messages per day which include a discreet signature "Sent via Migadu" at the bottom of each message.

Thanked by 1Sofia_K
  • manish said: and 10 outgoing messages per day which include a discreet signature "Sent via Migadu" at the bottom of each message

wow, it is generous ...

• @manish said:
    For your looking for gratis:

Here is Migadu.com

Migadu is a radically different, independent email hosting from Switzerland. We do not count your domains, mailboxes, gigabytes or teeth.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

JarRoute

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

You can use our services to relay.

• Yes @MikePT also had a lifetime deal. It was like BF deal on casual Friday.

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@manish said:
    Yes @MikePT also had a lifetime deal. It was like BF deal on casual Friday.

Its gone...😁