Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Your choice of 2TB, 10 TB or 36 TB!! of free online Storage - but there is a catch
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Your choice of 2TB, 10 TB or 36 TB!! of free online Storage - but there is a catch

So I stumbled upon this site while looking for some online storage and yup, as the title says you may have your choice of 2TB 10 TB or 36TB of online storage absolutely free and for life!

But the catch is, it's in CHINESE! I used chrome since it has that translate feature that comes in quite handy..

Also it's best to use a US IP.. I noticed when signing up with a Canadian IP that it ask you for SMS verification while signs up in the US you get it right away..

I signed up for the Baidu deal considering it has that video streaming option and was pretty easy to get upgraded to the 2 TB, you just have to download and install the phone app, sign in to the website again to get your upgrade.. it was a bit of a challenge figuring out how to sign in to the phone app cause it was all in Chinese, can't recall the steps I took but I managed somehow.. which right after I deleted the app from the phone..

Anyhow instead of writing the whole process I figure I just give you the link to the site, it's pretty straight forward..

http://www.taigeair.com/how-to-get-2tb-with-baidu-pan-disk-for-free-for-life/

Ok enjoy!! let me know if you found it useful or not..

Thanks..

Comments

• Not a long-term project, Baidu always change their policy towards their products.

• earlearl Member
    edited November 2013

@DannyAlex said:
    Not a long-term project, Baidu always change their policy towards their products.

you mean they will just delete your data? I thought baidu was the google of china..

• earl said: you mean they will just delete your data? I thought baidu was the google of china..

Look at EverBox, it died with no success, setting a GOOD expamle.
    Even Google will close some projects they didn't make any profits, I don't think Baidu storage project will last too long.

• @DannyAlex said:
    Even Google will close some projects they didn't make any profits, I don't think Baidu storage project will last too long.

Well let's be honest.. I would not be putting anything of importance to a free online storage that is based in china.

something fun to play with.. probably will forget about it by the end of month.

• @DannyAlex said:

Probably just to take on 115.com and other sites.

• I tried them,lots of space,but the speed is unbearably slow,after all,it's free.

• You can use it download torrent online, but low speed or no speed for non-chinese torrent.

• concerto49 said: Probably just to take on 115.com and other sites.

Probably just to take a laugh when hearing such names.

• Ok so I'm averaging about 200KB/s for an upload so not the quickest, but it's free, I can live with it..

Also as DannyAlex mentioned, if the fact that they are giving away 2-36 TB of free storage does not raise warning signs, it's pretty much Caveat emptor..

please use your own discretion on how you use the service and not put anything important that you can't afford to loose.. then again this is LET/LEB it's not like we have not experienced a disappearing act or two from a few providers.

• There is no such thing as free lunch in China! They are very shrewd business people. You may not be able to see it, but there is always a good reason for anything they do. Sure, use the service, but always be mindful of the above, is all ;)

Thanked by 1earl
  • The video stream from baidu works well.. it takes a while for the page and player to load but no buffering on the stream..

Also I signup for 360 but can't figure out how to get the 36TB upgrade, but no matter cause you need to download and install their codec before you can watch your video online so it's not good for me.

• Baidu pan just have china's CDN, so the network speed is slowly.
    所谓容量,都是虚的。

Thanked by 1earl
  • rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited November 2013

First they gave us these

and now we get "2, 10 or 36TB storage" :)

• You also have to consider that unless files are created by the users themselves or encrypted, they can be linked to original copies and claimed as allocated space. If 10 people upload the same copy of a DVD they can all be linked to a master copy.

Unless the files uploaded are files like your own home movies or photographs how unique can the be?

Thanked by 1earl
  • earlearl Member
    edited November 2013

@teddysun said:
    Baidu pan just have china's CDN, so the network speed is slowly.
    所谓容量,都是虚的。

Yup, it's a bit slow at times, supposedly 360 is quicker but I never checked..

• earlearl Member
    edited November 2013

@rm_ said:
    First they gave us these

and now we get "2, 10 or 36TB storage" :)

China is pretty awesome.. see some pretty neat stuff they sell on ebay..

• earlearl Member
    edited November 2013

@rchurch said:
    You also have to consider that unless files are created by the users themselves or encrypted, they can be linked to original copies and claimed as allocated space. If 10 people upload the same copy of a DVD they can all be linked to a master copy.

Unless the files uploaded are files like your own home movies or photographs how unique can the be?

I remember reading something like this, but I think it was for an American company.. can't recall the name thought, but yeah supposedly there are limited unique content that's why offers like this is possible..

• @earl said:
    I remember reading something like this, but I think it was for an American company.. can't recall the name thought, but yeah supposedly there are limited unique content that's why offers like this is possible..

Dropbox did that. http://dumpdropbox.com/

Thanked by 1earl
  • after entering email confirmation code in the app I'm stuck at this, translation plz

• earlearl Member
    edited November 2013

@Sree said:
    after entering email confirmation code in the app I'm stuck at this, translation plz

Hmm I never had to enter a code.. I clicked on one of the link at the top of the CP where it says 2tb free which takes you to this link http://yun.baidu.com/1t

Then download the app for your device, install and sign in, after a few minutes check your CP at pan.baidu.com, your account should be updated with the 2 TB..

tricky part was trying to figure out where to sign in when you install the app..

• Thanks, now I have 10TB storage from weiyun :)

Thanked by 1earl
  • actually the offer from Tencent/Weiyun is quite nice since the CP is in english.. and you get 10TB.

http://www.weiyun.com/act/10t-en.html?WYTAG=weiyun.portal.index

Thanked by 1ErawanArifNugroho
  • earlearl Member
    edited November 2013

Anyone trying to get the 36 TB upgrade from yunpan 360 here is the link to the promo, just click the orange button and sign in with your account..

http://huodong.yunpan.360.cn/xt

I honestly would not recommend installing the software to your PC, so you loose 10TB but honestly I would not trust it.. 26 TB for signing up to the tablet/phone should be enough storage.

• Now, after having soo many free backup services, like Hubic, Dropbox, Copy, Weiyun, I'm start thinking what should I backup :D

Some of them contains private information, and I don't trust any online backup service 100%. Just in case, they sneak into my data, or someone on purpose hacking the server, and get into my data :D

But for something that will be useful for future, like software or some ebook/tutorial, it would be enough for me

Thanked by 1earl
  • After applied and enjoy the 2TB of Cloud Storage I'm almost to delete my DropBox Apps from my android phone.

Thanked by 1earl
  • earlearl Member
    edited November 2013

@ErawanArifNugroho

I really like the streaming feature of Baidu.. I tried streaming from 360 but you need to download their software before the movie stream can play.. I wished Baidu had an english interface like that of Tencent.. unfortunate That Tencent don't have a streaming feature cause their panel seems to work the best, no lag at all..

• earlearl Member
    edited November 2013

here is another fun link from 360.. sort of like spin the wheel and get a prize!

just click on the middle button to start the draw.

http://huodong.yunpan.360.cn/nationalday

• I'll stick to Bitcasa.

http://l.bitcasa.com/TB2ec1hl

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

I will be down in 3 weeks, i bet 1$

• @JamesGTRS

so what do you get when people sign up through your link?

I already have a Bitcase account, but never really used it.. I think @freek started a topic on this a while back..