Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Separate DDOS service to VPS [Gaming]
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Separate DDOS service to VPS [Gaming]

Hello,
Looking for separate Ddos protection service for my currect vps (I already have a VPS)[ For game servers]
Thanks

Comments

• not ideal for fps, mc you could get away with it

• HostUpHostUp Member, Host Rep
    edited September 2019

I guess that it is possible to route/tunnel all of your traffic through a VPS that is already DDoS protected, similar to how cloudflare does it. PM me if interested

Thanked by 1zomby1
  • Could route through an OVH vps which is what some people do but that doesn't sound very ideal for a game server and depends on location of server too.

Thanked by 1zomby1
  • @Goon said:
    Could route through an OVH vps which is what some people do but that doesn't sound very ideal for a game server and depends on location of server too.

Ovh does not protect UDP applications except through the Game mitigation. Best course of action would be to just get a ddos protected vps. nfoservers has 100% dedicated vps servers and top of the line mitigation. Or you could find a reseller for a ovh game vps

Thanked by 2Goon zomby1
  • ehhthingehhthing Member
    edited September 2019

You can get a BuyVM slice (with DDoS Protection) and setup GRE tunneling https://wiki.buyvm.net/doku.php/gre_tunnel

Thanked by 1zomby1
  • @Goon said:
    Could route through an OVH vps which is what some people do but that doesn't sound

@AlexJones said:

@Goon said:
    Could route through an OVH vps which is what some people do but that doesn't sound very ideal for a game server and depends on location of server too.

Ovh does not protect UDP applications except through the Game mitigation. Best course of action would be to just get a ddos protected vps. nfoservers has 100% dedicated vps servers and top of the line mitigation. Or you could find a reseller for a ovh game vps

very ideal for a game server and depends on location of server too.
    Thanks
    Do you know How can I do it? some guide? thanks

@Francisco Can you help me :)? thanks

• I dont think Voxility is what you want for gameservers.

Thanked by 1desperand
  • @MikeA sells ovh game vps in the most locations that I know of. I wouldn't ask Francisco about Voxility protection it is utter garbage for UDP. Vox drops tons of udp and is really meant for tcp protection. 90% of the top gameservers are on Ovh game for a reason it just works. The only people who use vox for gameservers is for Minecraft because it's tcp

• SplitIceSplitIce Member, Host Rep

I'm sure you know such services exist because we spoke months ago on this very topic (the conversation where you mentioned that $10/m was far in excess of your budget).

I see you haven't found anything yet.

Thanked by 1kkrajk
  • zomby1zomby1 Member
    edited September 2019

@AlexJones said:
    @MikeA sells ovh game vps in the most locations that I know of. I wouldn't ask Francisco about Voxility protection it is utter garbage for UDP. Vox drops tons of udp and is really meant for tcp protection. 90% of the top gameservers are on Ovh game for a reason it just works. The only people who use vox for gameservers is for Minecraft because it's tcp

I am confused

@SplitIce said:
    I'm sure you know such services exist because we spoke months ago on this very topic (the conversation where you mentioned that $10/m was far in excess of your budget).

I see you haven't found anything yet.

Just now I start the search...

@HostUp said:
    I guess that it is possible to route/tunnel all of your traffic through a VPS that is already DDoS protected, similar to how cloudflare does it. PM me if interested

I Already send you PM. Thanks