Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Up to 40TB offsite backup storage
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Up to 40TB offsite backup storage

What provider have the cheapest per-TB storage prices? I'm looking for a vps with no more than 512MB of ram and a lot of storage space, up to 40TB.

Which providers can deliver that for a reasonable price?

Comments

• Hetzner

Thanked by 1Hetzner_OL
  • ITLabsITLabs Member
    edited September 2019
  • It seems to be a very good price :)

Thanked by 1ITLabs
  • ITLabsITLabs Member
    edited September 2019

You can also try 1fichier, €1 per TB (not a VPS)

Rclone has a backend for 1fichier: https://rclone.org/fichier/

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • 1fichier has a 300gb file size limit which is a no-go :/

• rsync_dot_netrsync_dot_net Member, Host Rep

I think we're probably too expensive for you with our published price of $10/TB/mo.

On the plus side, there's no funny business with file size limits, etc. Straight up ZFS filesystem, with snapshots. rclone built in.

We can give you a discount for annual payment and perhaps find some other ways to modestly drop the price.

Thanked by 1Aluminat
  • Backblaze $0.005 per GB. if you use Cloudflare. bandwidth also free. otherwise $0.01 for bandwidth. The U.S and Europe available.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

Still nobody can beat hubiC with 50 EUR/year for 10TB. (But no new signups accepted there).

Thanked by 1Lm85H4gFkh3wk3
  • spectraipspectraip Member, Patron Provider

Hi

SpectraIP can offer backup storage.

NAS hosting
    4x 10 TB HDD
    1 Gbit port
    25 TB bandwidth
    1 IP address incl.
    € 97.25 per month

Please send me a PM if you would like to order.

• Check borgbase.com Maybe @m4nu can make you a special deal, since the large space you need.

• m4num4nu Member, Patron Provider

Thanks for the callout @nqservices !

He's asking for a VPS, so maybe a hosted Borg Backup service isn't the right service for him. Of course, if the aim is just to store backups of lots of files, I would definitely recommend looking into Borg and BorgBase.com. You can probably shave off a good amount of those 40 TB with deduplication and compression.

Last, I wanna point out that 4x10TB HDD only (RAID0?) will be a bit reckless because every HD failure will hit your data. Even RAID5 is risky because you need to correctly read 10 TB from one remaining disk, while not having any further failure during that time. So you may need 6x10TB if you plan on having the data around for longer.

Just my 2 cents. Actual risk assessment will depend on the kind of data of course.

• for vps hetzner or buyvm 2usd + 5usd/tb if only storage than backblaze b2

Thanked by 1Hetzner_OL
  • Has anyone tried Wasabi? They offer S3 like storage with encryption enabled by default. Their prices are lower than AWS S3. Egress is free!
    But their billing works with inbound data fixed for 90 day storage retention. AFAIK, how much ever data you upload, you have to pay for 90days.

• Problem is, while Backblaze practices unheard of openness , we know nothing of Wasabi tech. And with the Cloudflare Bandwidth Alliance Backblaze B2 traffic is free via Cloudflare. So... between B2 and Wasabi the vote falls on B2.

• Does B2 offer storage encryption? Last I heard was, they don't.

• And Backblaze doesn't support Paypal in case you want to know.

• AmplificatorAmplificator Member
    edited September 2019

I went with the offer from the 2nd post :)

Thanked by 1vimalware