Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Windows template for Kimsufi
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Windows template for Kimsufi

kalimov622kalimov622 Member
edited September 2019 in General

I'm trying to create my own windows template following this tutorial, however after I'm running the final install command server stops responding to ping and can't connect via rdp. I'm using this command and I simply relace the url download link with my own.

The windows image I'm using is a clean evaluation win2k8 .iso downloaded from microsoft's website and I'm using Proxmox VE 5 + Ubuntu to create the template. I'm enabling NAT in Proxmox by editing ID.conf file and removing ,bridge=vmbrX as mentioned in this post due to NAT option being unavailabe in Promox 5 GUI and I am able to create my template and everything. I have a enabled RDP and ping response as well as urned off firewall in my windows template so I'm not sure what could be wrong but any help would be appreciated.

It worths mentioning that using a template directly from joodle's website allows me to connect via rdp and ping the server but seems people are complaining about it containing some backdoor and I'd rather use a clean template where I can use my license key just to be safe.

Comments

• ITLabsITLabs Member
    edited September 2019

@kalimov622 said:
    ... windows ...
    ... RDP ...
    ... safe ...

These 3 words don't match ;-)

• Vova1234Vova1234 Member, Patron Provider
    edited September 2019

Use this method for install Windows on Kimsufi servers:
    http://vova1234.com/blog/notes/426.html

1. Put in rescue your server.
    2. Install Windows via vKVM Qemu.
    3. Turn off Firewall.
    4. Enable RDP.
    5. Turn off Windows.
    6. Boot from disk as normal mode.
    7. Turn off Windows StandBy mode.
  • I'll give it a try with your method, thanks @Vova1234

• Are there any network settings that I should change before shutting down and booting from disk? Installation went fine, however after booting from hdd I still get no ping response nor I'm able to connect via rdp even though it's enabled and firewall has been turned off.

• kalimov622kalimov622 Member
    edited September 2019

Seems drivers have to be manually installed via device manager while running the VM otherwise Intel(R) cannot find the adapters. I've downloaded Windows 2008 Std. R2 network drivers from here however when trying to install them via QEMU or Proxmox VM it says that no intel network drivers are present on computer guess due to being emulated network card https://gyazo.com/426b2cba394df029155d07d11e24fdcd
    I used winrar to decompress the intel drivers executable and selected manually the driver from .inf list then installed the right driver for the KS-9 which is 82574L but I still cannot ping or access server via rdp.
    Any ideas how can I make this work? Thanks

• @kalimov622 said:
    Seems drivers have to be manually installed via device manager while running the VM otherwise Intel(R) cannot find the adapters. I've downloaded Windows 2008 Std. R2 network drivers from here however when trying to install them via QEMU or Proxmox VM it says that no intel network drivers are present on computer guess due to being emulated network card https://gyazo.com/426b2cba394df029155d07d11e24fdcd
    I used winrar to decompress the intel drivers executable and selected manually the driver from .inf list then installed the right driver for the KS-9 which is 82574L but I still cannot ping or access server via rdp.
    Any ideas how can I make this work? Thanks

Even I am interested to know how to proceed