Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hetzner Firewall
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hetzner Firewall

Hello, can anyone help me to open vnc port (5909) in hetzner firewall? tried a lot of combinations, but no result

Comments

• Why should hetzner block this port? Also if they do: change to vnc port +1

• Well, tried it, but hetzner firewall blocks all ports by default (as I found out), just need find the principle how it works

• Have you checked the settings in your customer panel?

https://wiki.hetzner.de/index.php/Robot_Firewall/en

• I checked settings.
    This is hetzner control panel settings:
    https://imgur.com/hLBr8In

and this is in ubuntu firewall:
    https://imgur.com/TP5uFvS

port 22 is open, but port 5909 is still closed...

• Could you disable the hetzner firewall temporarily and try?

• The result is the same.

• What operating system are you on ? Are you sure your Server specific firewall is not blocking it ?

• I'm using Ubuntu 18.04.2

I disabled hetzner firewall and ubuntu firewall too, contacted hetzner support and they confirmed they aren't blocking any ports. Result still the same. Anyone have good guide about opening ports in ubuntu? Googled it and tried several guides, but can't open it

• AuroraZAuroraZ Barred
    edited September 2019

If you have disabled both firewalls and it still does not work something else if wrong. Hetzner have told you they are not blocking it, and you have shut down the Ubuntu firewall, which means the server is wide open with no ports blocked.

Have no idea what you are doing, but make sure that is the port the software is using.

Edit: Just realized it is VNC duh, make sure it using that port and not something else. That is after you confirm the program is running.

Thanked by 2ITLabs skorous
  • @AuroraZ said:
    Have no idea what you are doing, but make sure that is the port the software is using.

AND that the software is even running.

Thanked by 2AuroraZ skorous
  • edited September 2019

mediki87 said: I disabled hetzner firewall and ubuntu firewall too, contacted hetzner support and they confirmed they aren't blocking any ports. Result still the same. Anyone have good guide about opening ports in ubuntu? Googled it and tried several guides, but can't open it

If there is no firewall, it is the VNC then

Potential problems:
    VNC config and X config

You may need to reinstall:

1) VNC and related windows, and check configs
    2) OS

• check if the vncserver is running AND listening on the right interface. On my ubuntu machine I need to set
    -localhost no
    when I start the server, the default is that the server only listens on interface lo.