Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

help needed start Hetzner VPS small fee
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

help needed start Hetzner VPS small fee

Hi,

after many years of shared hosting and after following LET for months, I decided to upgrade to a VPS. Today I subscribed to Hetzner VPS and realized it's an empty box.

I am willing to pay a fee to an expert to install what is needed for a deployed web server +mysql+FTP. The server will host PrestaShop and WordPress sites.

Thanks
Navid

Comments

• ITLabsITLabs Member
    edited August 2019

@MikePT @MikeET

Edit: small fee?

Thanked by 2MikePT Ympker
  • seriesnseriesn Member
    edited August 2019

Hey Navid,
    Easiest way to get started would be install a server control panel (Webuzo is extremely user-friendly and newbie friendly ) and go from there.

You can upgrade to their premium version and install almost all the major softwares/scripts with a single click :)

• LeviLevi Member

No hetzner in this case. Knownhost.com. Do not go with self-managed server if you don't have admin knowledge.

• hzrhzr Member

LTniger said: Do not go with self-managed server if you don't have admin knowledge

ESPECIALLY if ecommerce...

• @LTniger's advice is pure gold. Go with a managed VPS (Knownhost are great for your purpose) and save yourself lots of trouble!

Thanked by 3ITLabs kp93 Ouji
  • Another vote for Knownhost. Even if you know what you're doing it's worth the extra to not have to worry.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

$7

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@ITLabs said:
    @MikePT @MikeET

Edit: small fee?

Sure, our server management plans are very affordable... www.myw.pt/devops

Thank you for the recommendation mate!

--

Small suggestion, the OP would be better with, say, DirectAdmin installed in his VPS. It's cheap.

Thanked by 1ITLabs
  • @MikePT I haven't set a budget for the fee, I wouldn't was is fair.

@LTniger @lazyt I understand your recommendation to go for a managed VPS... the temptation to get the best server at the lowest price is very very strong!!

I'll give a try to Hetzner and if it doesn't work out... then my plan B is to find a managed VPS

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • ViridWebViridWeb Member, Host Rep

@VPS4ecommerce said:
    Hi,

after many years of shared hosting and after following LET for months, I decided to upgrade to a VPS. Today I subscribed to Hetzner VPS and realized it's an empty box.

I am willing to pay a fee to an expert to install what is needed for a deployed web server +mysql+FTP. The server will host PrestaShop and WordPress sites.

Thanks
    Navid

I don't think you should go with an unmanaged VPS as you can't managed your server.
    Even if someone help you to install everything on your server, if some issue occurs in future then you would be in trouble seriously.
    You will lost your user's/visitor's trust until you fixed the issue by hiring few people again.

So it's better either grab a shared hosting or find a managed VPS..

Managed VPS may cost your some more money but it will cover when your site face some serious issue

• hzrhzr Member

VPS4ecommerce said: I'll give a try to Hetzner and if it doesn't work out... then my plan B is to find a managed VPS

You wil need management every month, it is not once off fee

Thanked by 1kkrajk
  • kp93kp93 Member

KnownHost will be little costly, but their replies are under 2 min and for finance related project's better to go for managed VPS.

• I seriously don’t understand why you won’t use a control panel like DirectAdmin on such a server. It will be much easier to manage your domains, then.

• VPS4ecommerce said: if it doesn't work out... then my plan B is to find a managed VPS

That's a reasonable plan for a personal site but bad for an ecommerce site where "doesn't work out" can mean significant business losses. Start with managed and build up some knowledge before considering self-management.

• @VPS4ecommerce said:
    Today I subscribed to Hetzner VPS and realized it's an empty box.

Then you should go with provider that offer not empty box. A. K. A template. @leapswitch is a good example. Especially for WordPress.

Thanked by 1leapswitch
  • @yokowasis said:

@VPS4ecommerce said:

Then you should go with provider that offer not empty box. A. K. A template. @leapswitch is a good example. Especially for WordPress.

+1 for @leapswitch (CloudJiffy to be exact). Semi-managed service at an affordable cost. It also have a german location (assuming you want your site hosted in Germany), iirc also hosted in Hetzner.

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/159658/germany-usa-india-paas-container-as-a-service-pay-for-what-you-consume-free-50-credits/p1

You can get $60 credit for free (incl. first signup promo and 30m-1h demo credits), and you have 2 days left for the double credit promo. I highly recommend you try them out!

Thanked by 1leapswitch
  • leapswitchleapswitch Patron Provider, Veteran

@yokowasis said:

@VPS4ecommerce said:

Thank you for the recommendation. We offer WordPress, WordPress cluster and Prestashop as one-click setup in CloudJiffy Marketplace. We have a free trial and free credits listed below.

@sanvit said:

@yokowasis said:

@VPS4ecommerce said:

+1 for @leapswitch (CloudJiffy to be exact). Semi-managed service at an affordable cost. It also have a german location (assuming you want your site hosted in Germany), iirc also hosted in Hetzner.

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/159658/germany-usa-india-paas-container-as-a-service-pay-for-what-you-consume-free-50-credits/p1

You can get $60 credit for free (incl. first signup promo and 30m-1h demo credits), and you have 2 days left for the double credit promo. I highly recommend you try them out!

Thank you for the recommendation. A correction - we are colocating in Accelerated DC in Frankfurt, not using Hetzner.

Thanked by 1sanvit
  • To add on this, they also offer semi-managed PHP setup (you upload your own code) with optional databases (available in HA) as well as semi-managed NFS (also for HA setup). Put a LB in front of them (also optional), and you have a full HA setup with automatic horizontal and vertical scaling.

• i think is more easy install some

Thanked by 1ITLabs
  • @chiccorosso said:
    i think is more easy install some

Hetzner, tks.

• chiccorosso said: i think is more easy install some

Thanks for that, whatever it means.

• somiksomik Member
    edited September 2019

Comment removed.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • removal approved