Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Joesdatacenter vs Wholesaleinternet Same building? Whats the story?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Joesdatacenter vs Wholesaleinternet Same building? Whats the story?

Just noticed that Joe's announced a few months ago that they are now routing on Level3/Cognet. Wholesaleinternet and Joe's are both in the same building. Wholesale mentions on their website that they partner with Cognet but don't explicitly state whether or not they utilize Cognet bandwidth. Any ideas?

Comments

• @vbman213 said:
    Just noticed that Joe's announced a few months ago that they are now routing on Level3/Cognet. Wholesaleinternet and Joe's are both in the same building. Wholesale mentions on their website that they partner with Cognet but don't explicitly state whether or not they utilize Cognet bandwidth. Any ideas?

Of course they do, anyone who does not is incredibly stupid (cough @jbiloh lol) because Cogent <-> Cogent gets really good speed FOR CHEAP

• @Frost said:
    because Cogent <-> Cogent gets really good speed FOR CHEAP

...and packet loss, latency, etc.

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

@Frost said:
    Of course they do, anyone who does not is incredibly stupid (cough jbiloh lol) because Cogent <-> Cogent gets really good speed FOR CHEAP

We're happy with our decision to remove Cogent, @frost.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@jimpop said:
    ...and packet loss, latency, etc.

I've seen more on nlayer lately.

• @jarland said:
    I've seen more on nlayer lately.

Yes, same here also.

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

@Zen said:
    From experience with ColoCrossing, Cogent was just a big issue, if we ever had networking issues (drops, packetloss) it was Cogent related. I'm pretty sure (?) that's why he removed Cogent from the mix, and if so then making a decision on behalf of user request is by no means incredibly stupid.

And btw, ANY upstream <-> upstream will be fast.

Cogent had a stigma to it as well. I was always defending the decision, and any cost savings it provided was not worth it.

The Buffalo network now consists of Level3, Telia and XO and we've been very happy with the performance.