Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Wishosting - NAT Storage deal 1.8TB $6.99/mo
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Wishosting - NAT Storage deal 1.8TB $6.99/mo

exception0x876exception0x876 Member, Host Rep, LIR

Hello,

There is a deal for this week only - KVM NAT Storage Flash Sale. Full specs below:

1 vCPU core E5-1650V2
Unlimited CPU core 3.6GHz Turbo
2GB ECC RAM
1800GB HDD RAID-5
Linux/Windows OS
Bandwidth 250Mbps
Unmetered Traffic
1 IPv4 NAT
DDoS protection
Location - Germany
Setup time up to 48 hours
Price - $6.99/mo or $17.99/quarter
Link - https://www.wishosting.com/order/main/packages/VPS/?group_id=7

The dedicated proxy IP is available as addon for $1/mo.

See all our KVM offers here - https://www.wishosting.com/order/main/packages/VPS/?group_id=2

Affiliate program - https://aff.wishosting.com/

Comments

• Happy sale dude... you have a great service, keep good work up..
    Cheers

Thanked by 1exception0x876
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

Nice. Could I buy 2 and stack the disk space into a single VPS?

• exception0x876exception0x876 Member, Host Rep, LIR

@Nekki said:
    Nice. Could I buy 2 and stack the disk space into a single VPS?

Not on a regular basis. Most of the templates do not work well with HDD over 1.8TB. However, it is possible to request it via a ticket and install OS from ISO in this case.

• Nice offer. What DC are you using? I want to backup my Hetzner box but I don’t want the servers to be in the same DC.

@classy said:
    Nice offer. What DC are you using? I want to backup my Hetzner box but I don’t want the servers to be in the same DC.

It is Hetzner. For a slightly bigger price you can take KVM Storage CA package in OVH BHS.

• VitaVita Member

May I use 100% of storage space?

@Vita said:
    May I use 100% of storage space?

Yes.

• For the other packages with bandwidth limits, is both inbound and outbound counted?

@mikewazar said:
    For the other packages with bandwidth limits, is both inbound and outbound counted?

Both inbound and outbound traffic is counted.

• The perfect pull backup box. Great quarterly incentives.

• Hi, I have a question about the dedicated proxy addon for quarterly, it says that there is a 5 dollar setup fee and then 0 per month. This turns out being more than 1 dollar per month, so is this really a one time setup fee and then a free proxy going forward if paid quarterly, or am I understanding wrong? Thanks.

@buzzyLET said:
    Hi, I have a question about the dedicated proxy addon for quarterly, it says that there is a 5 dollar setup fee and then 0 per month. This turns out being more than 1 dollar per month, so is this really a one time setup fee and then a free proxy going forward if paid quarterly, or am I understanding wrong? Thanks.

Yes, it is one time setup fee and then free for as long as you keep the service.

• @exception0x876 said:

@buzzyLET said:
    Hi, I have a question about the dedicated proxy addon for quarterly, it says that there is a 5 dollar setup fee and then 0 per month. This turns out being more than 1 dollar per month, so is this really a one time setup fee and then a free proxy going forward if paid quarterly, or am I understanding wrong? Thanks.

Yes, it is one time setup fee and then free for as long as you keep the service.

Very cool, thank you!

• cpsdcpsd Member

I got one, thks!

• grabbed one too.tx

• The dedicated proxy IP is available as addon for $1/mo.

Can the user's KVM bind to it or
    is it bound to a reverse proxy run by you?

One-time setup fee makes it sound like it * has* to be shared among several end-users. Right?

@vimalware said:

The dedicated proxy IP is available as addon for $1/mo.

Can the user's KVM bind to it or
    is it bound to a reverse proxy run by you?

One-time setup fee makes it sound like it * has* to be shared among several end-users. Right?

It is dedicated to your VM, all ports are forwarded exclusively.

• Any ipv6?

@willie said:
    Any ipv6?

Unfortunately, no.

• Where is located the proxy ?

• @ben47955 said:
    Where is located the proxy ?

I clicked the order link. It says 100mbps proxy in France (ovh presumably)

Interesting product for sure!

1gbit pull backups via nat and 100mbit for externally initiated connections(push backup)

• exception0x876 said: Most of the templates do not work well with HDD over 1.8TB

the mbr problem ...

• I'm not sure, but couldn't GPT based templates be created to scale beyond 2T.
    I suppose MBR is for wide range of OS compatibility

• How about just allocating two 1.8tb partitions, and combining them with md or lvm.

• drserverdrserver Member, Host Rep

don't use fdisk and use gdisk

@willie said:
    How about just allocating two 1.8tb partitions, and combining them with md or lvm.

It is possible but in case of MD it will hurt the IO due to simultaneous seek on the same physical device. LVM should be fine. Still, it is better to open a ticket and request ISO installation in this case.

Thanked by 2vimalware willie
  • uptimeuptime Member
    edited August 2019

vimalware said: 1gbit pull backups via nat and 100mbit for externally initiated connections(push backup)

I got one of these a few months ago, it's good stuff.

I just push files to the vps via scp (specifying my assigned port number) - not a problem, no need for proxy (unless I'm misunderstanding something?)

EDIT2: and could even do rsync via ssh, if I cared to

rsync -av ---progress --inplace --rsh='ssh -p12345' sourcedir me@wishosting_nat:destdir/

(or whatever other flags)

• @exception0x876 said:

@willie said:
    Any ipv6?

Unfortunately, no.

Why not if it's on Hetzner? Comes in handy with an otherwise NAT'ed IPv4..

Thanked by 2twiigl skorous
  • MPGMPG Member
    edited August 2019

Got in on this one @exception0x876 care and attention to customer is fantastic. He saved me headache via email exchange. Awesome one provider I will keep long term as devil is in the details and he cares about the details.

• +1 for wishosting/@exception0x876 Service has been great!