Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Setup 100ips on OVH
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Setup 100ips on OVH

jeffixjeffix Member
edited August 2019 in Help

Hi. I just saw that OVH is offering 256 ips for 1 time fee 3$ x 1ip. My question is: if I will purchase such server, which OS should I choose?

Also, once I got the server : what should I tell to my worker in order to setup 100ips on this dedicated server?

Ovh offer:

https://www.ovh.com/world/dedicated-servers/free-ips.xml

Thanks.

Comments

• imokimok Member

@jeffix said:
    which OS should I choose?

The one you know the most or the one you need for your use case.

what should I tell to my worker in order to setup 100ips on this dedicated server?

Depends on the OS.

• LeviLevi Member

You should tell your worker: go and setup 100 ips on the server.

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

100 IPs is $300 upfront. Just letting you know because some people mix up the pricing somehow and think it's cheaper. Just make sure you get an IP block or else you'll have a headache configuring tons of individual FO IPs.

• @jeffix said:
    Hi. I just saw that OVH is offering 256 ips for 1 time fee 3$ x 1ip. My question is: if I will purchase such server, which OS should I choose?

The OS your worker knows better.

Also, once I got the server : what should I tell to my worker in order to setup 100ips on this dedicated server?

"Here are the server credentials and the IPs, please do your job my dear".

Thanks.

You're welcome.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • You are to instruct them to kindly do the needful, sir

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

@jeffix said:
    My question is: if I will purchase such server, which OS should I choose?

IOS

"Siri, how do I configure 100 IPs on IOS?"

• Vova1234Vova1234 Member, Patron Provider

jeffix said: Also, once I got the server : what should I tell to my worker in order to setup 100ips on this dedicated server?

He will give you a link to the manual >_<

https://docs.ovh.com/gb/en/public-cloud/configure_a_failover_ip/

There is unmanaged servers.

• @MikeA said:
    100 IPs is $300 upfront. Just letting you know because some people mix up the pricing somehow and think it's cheaper. Just make sure you get an IP block or else you'll have a headache configuring tons of individual FO IPs.

Well it depends upon the use case...

If he is going to use it for data scrapping or proxies.... The whole IP block could get blocked....

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

@noaman said:

@MikeA said:

Well it depends upon the use case...

If he is going to use it for data scrapping or proxies.... The whole IP block could get blocked....

I'm talking about a range like a /26 instead of the single individual (/32) FO IPs that OVH has. It'll be easier to get a single range with 128 IPs or something.

• jeffix said: Also, once I got the server : what should I tell to my worker in order to setup 100ips on this dedicated server?

If you're asking what justification to use because you don't have a good one, you probably should not get these IP's.

• Just pick the one you are familiar? CentOS, Ubuntu, Debian, etc.

• ViridWebViridWeb Member, Host Rep

@jeffix said:

Ovh offer:

Thanks.

For OS It depends on the purpose of purchasing this server. I'm sure your staff know that.

And just ask your staff to setup those IPs

• @jeffix said:

Ovh offer:

Thanks.

after the payment, IP is tied to you dedicated server and it will just work.
    just make interface per ip and add ip or 1 interface and add them all or make vm and create interface then add ip. all works straight forward whatever ways you are planning with.

@MikeA said:

price is always firm because he will be paying upfront in the control panel. and he is getting the dedicated server which means always getting a block of ip. while as public cloud which is easier as it supports both /32 gateways possible, without needing of minimum /30 block.

• JordJord Moderator, Host Rep

Is this for your shoe proxies? Are they still a thing? :joy:

You made me do some reading :( I'm sad now.

Thanked by 1ITLabs
  • @Jord said:
    :( I'm sad now.

Buy yourself some fancy new shoes :wink:

Thanked by 1Jord

@ITLabs said:

@Jord said:
    :( I'm sad now.

Buy yourself some fancy new shoes :wink:

Yes I might have to, I better get the shoe proxies out again then ;)

Thanked by 1ITLabs