Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for a dedicated Server outside of EU / GDPR and Article 13
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for a dedicated Server outside of EU / GDPR and Article 13

Hello folks!

I'm looking for a Dedicated Server with at least:

~16GB RAM
~4x CPU
~1TB SSD

about 70€/month

Is there any good recommendations?

Comments

• hzrhzr Member
    edited August 2019

If you are in EU or a EU citizen you are still required to be compliant with it, are you not?

• @hzr said:
    If you are in EU or a EU citizen you are still required to be compliant with it, are you not?

I thought if the content is hosted outside, it will be good?

• randvegetarandvegeta Member, Host Rep

@hzr said:

Probably but the host need not care about it. So the host can ignore any rules/regulations/laws set by thr EU (or country within the EU) so long as an equivalent law does not exist in their own country.

Despite the very many proclamations of the EU and their citizens that EU law extends beyond their borders, foreign entities fall beyond their jurisdiction.

I would tell the OP to tread carefully, but the hosts can legally provide services.

So... where does the server need to be located? Anywhere? I can probably do HK if you're interested.

• hzrhzr Member
    edited August 2019

I don't think so, at least not if you're really intentionally trying to violate both the rule and spirit of the law.. GDPR applies to EU citizens even if they are outside EU for instance.. I can't imagine why the opposite would not also be true.

It's relaly more that if he's just trying to torrent no one would really care, but if he was explicitly trying to evade this for something major while being in EU and having his money/etc go through EU accounts, dumb move

Thanked by 1bacloud
  • We do plan hosting Images and Videos!

• cpsdcpsd Member

I think you and your host need to sign a GDPR based contract.

• bacloudbacloud Member, Patron Provider

No matter where you hot your content, GDPR is for EU citizens and I would not recommend to ignore it. Learn how to work with GDPR.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Do you also need to host to ignore copyright infringements?

Thanked by 2FHR marrco
  • angstromangstrom Moderator

Shouldn't this thread be in the category "Requests" as opposed to "Providers"?

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

E3, 32GB RAM, 1TB SSD, 70€ in NYC.

• Selectel(Russland)
    https://uanode.net/(Ukraine)

• capsloadit said: We do plan hosting Images and Video!

Images and videos that could explicitly violate somebodies rights in terms of personal data?

Oh so sketchyy

• @Mic-hael said:

capsloadit said: We do plan hosting Images and Video!

Images and videos that could explicitly violate somebodies rights in terms of personal data?

Oh so sketchyy

Normally I would agree, but Article 13 can be used to potentially ban memes (of all things), so I wouldn't be quite so against OP.

Thanked by 2MichaelCee magicvpn
  • FHRFHR Member, Host Rep

I don't understand the "boo Article 13 is soo bad" drama. But that's a topic suited for another place.

In short - OP is probably looking to host content infringing on someone else's rights. This is not permitted pretty much anywhere, definitely not specific to EU.

Thanked by 1marrco
  • jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

@hzr said:
    .... GDPR applies to EU citizens even if they are outside EU for instance..

How would it? Laws are defined for and valid in a jurisdiction and the jurisdiction of EU laws is EUrope. After all we EU citizens are, at least formally, not underlings and property of the EU.

So, for an EU citizen who happens to live in the USA or in China, of course the relevant law is the american or the chinese law.

That said, the GDPR actually is one of the few things the EU did well. What's the worth of our rights if any company can sh_t on them? What's the value of our rights if e.g. facebook can regard and treat us as products?

@capsloadit

I'd strongly advise that you clearly and openly state in advance, not necessarily here but to any potential provider, why you want to ignore those laws and regulations and what you are about to do. Not doing that will turn against you.