Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LunaNode: Get Started with $20 Free Trial!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

LunaNode: Get Started with $20 Free Trial!

perennateperennate Member, Host Rep
edited August 2019 in Offers

Celebrating six years of business at LunaNode with a free credit promotion! This is for LET users only, you must have a LET account with at least one comment in June/July 2019.

• New customers: get $20 free credit! Expires after two months.
  • Existing customers who have spent at least $10 credit: get $10 free credit! Doesn't expire!

You qualify for $20 credit if you do not have an account, or have an account but have neither paid nor received any promotional credit. You qualify for $10 credit if you have used at least $10 on LunaNode services prior to 19 August 2019. Others do not qualify for any free credit.

To receive the free credit, simply PM me the e-mail address of your LunaNode account on LET. If you don't have an account, sign up!

LunaNode is a Toronto cloud platform featuring hourly billing, snapshots, block storage, startup scripts, cloud firewalls, and more. Toronto is our main location, but we offer services in Montreal and Roubaix as well.

Check out our pricing here. Or, you can learn more about our awesome features.

Plans start at:

m.1s
– 1 GB RAM
– 15 GB SSD disk
– 1 vCPU
– 1 TB bandwidth @ 1gbps
– KVM
– Just $3.50/mo, or $0.00486/hour!

Get started on LunaNode now!

Comments

• Recommended provider 👍

How do I check my total usage? All I could find is history section with monthly invoice. And as per my usage history I have used used above 10 bucks 😊

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • perennateperennate Member, Host Rep

sayem314 said: How do I check my total usage? All I could find is history section with monthly invoice. And as per my usage history I have used used above 10 bucks 😊

I don't think there's a place where it shows single number but yeah can probably just add the invoice amounts. Mostly requirement is there since some people have a lot of credit sitting on their account now but aren't using any services : P

• OujiOuji Member

perennate said: Mostly requirement is there since some people have a lot of credit sitting on their account now but aren't using any services : P

I'm guilty. I got some credit ealier, but I keep shelving my VMs as the infrastructure and the speeds are very good and I don't want it to end fast :blush:

I might have used $2 or something in the last month.

edited August 2019

@Ouji ha, but some people have gotten credit from 3+ promotions and still haven't used one cent! Not really a problem but this way maybe people will be encouraged to use credit sooner. Although really the right way would just to make it expire, maybe next time.

Thanked by 3Ouji sayem314 uptime
  • OujiOuji Member

@perennate said:
    @Ouji ha, but some people have gotten credit from 3+ promotions and still haven't used one cent! Not really a problem but this way maybe people will be encouraged to use credit sooner. Although really the right way would just to make it expire, maybe next time.

If I get the $10 I promise I will use it before the end of the year hahaha :smile:

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • perennate said: @Ouji ha, but some people have gotten credit from 3+ promotions and still haven't used one cent!

Now that's the idler spirit! Darn too bad I missed out on that.

Thanked by 2Ouji vimalware
  • I've been lucky enough to get free 40$?! from the provider voting giveaway so I guess I don't apply for the 10$ free credit but it's been a solid service so far. Also spinning up VMs works smoothly offering lots of cool options like startup scripts, snapshots etc :P

Thanked by 1uptime
  • @Ouji said:

@perennate said:

If I get the $10 I promise I will use it before the end of the year hahaha :smile:

We know you won't. You know you won't. #idleforlife

Thanked by 2ehab Ouji
  • @perennate I don't signup for most free promotions in LET. But this one I couldn't pass on after using your service.

You infra is just awesome. Just one thing add more locations like SGP.

And for everyone that's reading this Lunanode is just awesome. :smile: Take advantage of this and see it for yourself.

• ehabehab Member

we are saving the credits until the end of the world :)

because they can be used on the moon.

forget the above, LunaNode is a soild generous provider.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@ehab said:
    we are saving the credits until the end of the world :)

because they can be used on the moon.

The more I see you post, the more I’m certain you’re off your tits on something highly illegal.

Thanked by 1ehab
  • ehabehab Member

@Nekki said:

... we missed you Nekki!

in my case, LET is all to blame.

• I don't need any credits, but I just wish to leave my few cents about the provider, simply: amazing quality of hardware and very good control panel.

• ITLabsITLabs Member
    edited August 2019

@desperand said:
    I don't need any credits, but I just wish to leave my few cents about the provider, simply: amazing quality of hardware and very good control panel.

Great provider indeed. And besides the control panel, also a very useful API :smile:

Thanked by 2uptime sayem314
  • Got mine after PM'ing perennate in a few minutes. Thanks ! Promise not to idle lol :)

• I've been a client for 4 years and counting. Rock solid service... everything just works!

• I've used $8.3 until now. :(

Anyway, Lunanode is super awesome! VMs are super fast, and I always spin one up when I need to compile some stuff :P

• Congratulations on your 6 years in business! Like others have mentioned, excellent service, very reliable :)

• Still my favorite host since I haven't found another host with customizable volume size and the ability to boot from a volume as the root partition.

• Good host, host all my email through them.

• mlcmlc Member

A reliable service provider.👍

• a simply great service :)

• Boring drama free reliability. Don't use if you don't enjoy support ticket drama :)

• Tried this service on another credit offer at the start of the year, was very impressed.

Though I can't find if there's a fundamental hardware difference between the 'memory optimised' and 'general purpose' instances. For the larger options there's a clear trade-off of memory<->CPU for the price, but on paper a m.1s instance seems to offer more resources for less money than s.half?

• NekkiNekki Veteran

Just logged in and found I have $12 credit! No idea how that got there or why I didn’t use it.

@perennate can I transfer that to someone else? I’d just use it on idling so I’d rather give someone else a chance to try your service.

edited August 2019

cochon said: Though I can't find if there's a fundamental hardware difference between the 'memory optimised' and 'general purpose' instances. For the larger options there's a clear trade-off of memory<->CPU for the price, but on paper a m.1s instance seems to offer more resources for less money than s.half?

They run on same hardware. It is true, s.half doesn't make sense with m.1s.

Nekki said: @perennate can I transfer that to someone else? I’d just use it on idling so I’d rather give someone else a chance to try your service.

Unfortunately if it is promotional credit it cannot be transferred. On the other hand, if you have received less than $12 in promotional credit (i.e., the $12 is what you paid), then you can get refunded the credit remaining on your account, less any promotional credit you may have received over the lifetime of your account (per terms of service), just open a ticket.

Thanked by 1cochon
  • HarambeHarambe Member, Host Rep

No complaints after many years of service :smile: Congrats on 6 years

• I'm in position of not wanting to claim the $20 promo credit because while I'm likely to have a use for it sometime, I'm pretty set over the next couple months, so better I wait for the next promo.

Does anyone know the clock freq or other specs of the high cpu instances?

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@perennate said:

Unfortunately if it is promotional credit it cannot be transferred. On the other hand, if you have received less than $12 in promotional credit (i.e., the $12 is what you paid), then you can get refunded the credit remaining on your account, less any promotional credit you may have received over the lifetime of your account (per terms of service), just open a ticket.

Looks like it’s $9 of paid credit and $3 of promo credit, but if it can’t be transferred that’s fine, I’ll just leave it there, might need something in Canada one day...

• uptimeuptime Member
    edited August 2019

@willie said:

Does anyone know the clock freq or other specs of the high cpu instances?

A c.2 I just spun up in Toronto has an E5-2690 v2 @ 3 GHz / L2 Cache 256 KB / L3 Cache 25.0 MB

https://browser.geekbench.com/v4/cpu/14377647

Thanked by 2willie ITLabs