Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Advertise on LowEndTalk.com
How to increase SEO ranking in Wordpress?
New on LowEndTalk? Please read our 'Community Rules' by clicking on it in the right menu!

How to increase SEO ranking in Wordpress?

Any tips?

Comments

  • ITLabsITLabs Member
    edited August 2019

    Unique. Relevant. Content.

    #lexit | FatPal - Official LET payment gateway

  • I'm not sure how much do you already know but I will try to be as detailed as I can. I'm not so good at this, to be honest.
    First of all, you need a WP SEO plugin (for example YoastSeo)
    Research keywords, there are a variety of tools that will help you with that. Some of the top tools: KWFinder, SEMRush, and even the Google Keyword Planner. You should also pick a tool to track how your keywords are ranking.
    Turn on search engine visibility if you didn't do it already.
    Adjust Permalink structure
    Add Your Site to Google Search Console
    The important thing is to integrate Google Analytics
    By the way, I think you googled for solutions before asking, but there are so many good tips online, some of the tutorials are step by step, hosting providers sometimes have separate tutorials section and they are more detailed and helpful.

  • @ITLabs said:
    Unique. Relevant.Content

    May I add
    Consistently

    To the above?

  • LeeLee Member
    edited August 2019

    The Yoast plugin will help to create the right content (length, keywords, detail, etc) but as already said, it needs to be unique and relevant. Google is smart these days, it knows when I wrote the content and when you copied it so favours my version over yours.

    Thanked by 1ITLabs
  • emreemre Member

    123_1 said: Any tips?

    >

    you need different c class ip for different wirdpress clones for seo.
    seo is all ip based
    if you have lets say 10 wordpress sites all in different c class ips and have links to each other this is a very uber seo google will be number one.

    Thanked by 1pike
  • @emre said:
    you need different c class ip for different wirdpress clones for seo.
    seo is all ip based
    if you have lets say 10 wordpress sites all in different c class ips and have links to each other this is a very uber seo google will be number one.

    This is a myth debunked long time ago. Content (unique, relevant and consistent) is all that really matters.

    Some time ago, a common SEO blackhat practice was to create many websites with very similar content across different domains and IPs to create a false sense of relevance. Search engines understood this and started de-ranking sites doing that practice. But the "IP based SEO" myth remained alive.

    #lexit | FatPal - Official LET payment gateway

  • ricardoricardo Member
    edited August 2019

    ITLabs said: This is a myth debunked long time ago. Content (unique, relevant and consistent) is all that really matters.

    Nah. The advice given out by Google is never going to let on about weaknesses in their algorithm. Backlinks (alongside content) help a site rank, and @emre's comment is geared more towards backlink accumulation (other sites) than the actual site. If the backlinks look natural enough (i.e. not all hosted on the same subnets being one factor), who's to tell which ones are genuine or paid/placed. Google can't measure intent.

    Thanked by 1MikePT
  • emre said: you need different c class ip for different wirdpress clones for seo. seo is all ip based

    image

    image

    image

    image

    Thanked by 1ITLabs

    For LET support, please visit the support desk.

  • LeeLee Member
    edited August 2019

    I did wonder how long it was going to take before C Class IPs were mentioned. Helping with Backlinks, yeah probably.

  • p0rN. 😎

    hostfactor.eu $0.40/month DirectAdmin | $9/month Unmettered OpenStack KVM VPS | Mega Deals

  • Snake Oil. Gallons of Snake Oil.

    Thanked by 1uptime

    For those who care:
    You can now find me at https://talk.lowendspirit.com or https://www.hostballs.com

  • Odd that the same characters always try to crap from on-high whenever the word 'SEO' appears.

    Must be the "I'm feeling lucky" crowd.

    You might notice that LowEndTalk uses rel="nofollow" on every link. I don't see their robots.txt disallowing major search engine crawlers. I notice that domain auction threads must not mention the domain name in plaintext. Over 50% of traffic to this site is from search engine referrals. There's a 100 reasons why people should care about how their site is presented to a search engine yet here it isn't taken seriously.

    Fine if it's not something that you're interested in - but there's plenty dodgy web hosts out there so coming here acting like it's all a myth when this is a hive for fly-by-night hosting companies is a bit surreal, if your background is in hosting. For whatever reason here people feel like it's an invitation to be rude.

    Thanked by 1kkrajk
  • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Top Provider
    edited August 2019

    open wordpress admin, press alt+f4 for seo menu.

  • jsgjsg Member

    My personal experience is that you get good search engine ranking if you do not care about playing it but rather about offering good and interesting content. That leads to people naturally linking to you which seems to have a significant impact.
    It seems to me that not trying any tricks for SEO also helps a lot; probably the better search engines recognize that.

    Disclaimer: I'm not a SEO expert by any means. In fact I do not care about SEO at all. I only care about content and about the community, yet my site ranks quite high quite consistently.

    Thanks no.

  • bikegremlinbikegremlin Member
    edited August 2019

    My 2c (TLDR - basically boils down to what @jsg said above):

    https://io.bikegremlin.com/5944/optimization-06-seo/

    Mostly harmless™

    I/O Gremlin

  • Google has an SEO guide, start here: https://support.google.com/webmasters/answer/7451184?hl=en

    Thanked by 2ITLabs Amitz

    🐴 $2/mo 512MB KVM - Unmetered bandwidth. $1.25 for 256GB Block Storage - from BuyVM (aff)

  • Are you trying to improve your ranking :lol: :lol: :lol: (just kidding)

    Thanked by 1bikegremlin

    #lexit | FatPal - Official LET payment gateway

  • ricardoricardo Member
    edited August 2019

    Good general advice in there but it's one thing talking about "how to set up road bike handlebars?" and another about ranking for "life insurance". No one searches for the former, maybe low volumes on variants.

    Also you're using a CMS that is built taking into consideration basic requirements for crawlers - so many of the basic issues are already solved for you... but relevant for the OP because that's half his question. A lot of SEO is "helping search engines understand your content" while others might present it as "manipulating search engine rankings for personal gain".

    If you put content up that no one else has written about, guaranteed you will be the top result, because yes, modern search engines have a general idea about the topicality of content. In reality most popular things are written about by many people.

    A question you could ask is who should rank for 'vps hosting'? A big enough survey of that would produce hundreds of different responses. There isn't a defacto reason why OVH is #1 for it, but it's a decent result to return.

    Most people don't freely link out nowadays (at least with rel="nofollow") because of nonsense that people talk about wrt SEO. This has damaged the original intentions of the web for sure. The major problem is that people seem to think whatever Google's black box of inputs and outputs is, should be accepted as gospel.

    Thanked by 1uptime
  • @ricardo said:

    Good general advice in there but it's one thing talking about "how to set up road bike handlebars?" and another about ranking for "life insurance". No one searches for the former, maybe low volumes on variants.

    Also you're using a CMS that is built taking into consideration basic requirements for crawlers - so many of the basic issues are already solved for you... but relevant for the OP because that's half his question. A lot of SEO is "helping search engines understand your content" while others might present it as "manipulating search engine rankings for personal gain".

    If you put content up that no one else has written about, guaranteed you will be the top result, because yes, modern search engines have a general idea about the topicality of content. In reality most popular things are written about by many people.

    A question you could ask is who should rank for 'vps hosting'? A big enough survey of that would produce hundreds of different responses. There isn't a defacto reason why OVH is #1 for it, but it's a decent result to return.

    Most people don't freely link out nowadays (at least with rel="nofollow") because of nonsense that people talk about wrt SEO. This has damaged the original intentions of the web for sure. The major problem is that people seem to think whatever Google's black box of inputs and outputs is, should be accepted as gospel.

    If you devote enough time writing about VPS hosting - like make a whole website, with numerous articles on the subject. Explaining various aspects (and properly interlinked when appropriate) - in time, I'm sure you could get on the top page. If the content is good. People would find it, read, share...

    With more competition, it takes more work and a lot more time, but one can get there. Most shortcuts are short lived IMO.

    Mostly harmless™

    I/O Gremlin

  • ricardoricardo Member
    edited August 2019

    bikegremlin said: If you devote enough time writing about VPS hosting - like make a whole website, with numerous articles on the subject. Explaining various aspects (and properly interlinked when appropriate) - in time, I'm sure you could get on the top page. If the content is good. People would find it, read, share...

    With more competition, it takes more work and a lot more time, but one can get there. Most shortcuts are short lived IMO.

    Not really. You can fine tune your site, write as much as you want but links count for a lot, and if you're competing as 100 sites and 99 are more aggressive about acquiring links, they'll outrank you, and no one will find you as the 100th result. It goes are far as link building campaigns looking at the speed of acquisition of link from competitors and deciding how quickly they should build links based on that information.

    I think the difference we're talking about is keywords with commercial intent, as those generally have a saturation of competition, and budgets that know about how many people search for things and how much value there is in ranking. Ranking for 'vps hosting' is worth ~$200K/m so if you think you can rank for that, by all means.

    Anyways, there's a ton of concepts that an SEO can consider wrt site/content/brand development.

    • How well search engines are parsing Javascript
    • Whether they prefer mobile optimised versions of sites
    • Whether SSL is beneficial for users and ranking
    • Whether sites you link out to have expired and now display different content
    • Soft 404s
    • Near duplicate content

    A lot might be common sense but a lot is also domain-specific. What if the OP has multiple languages for his site. Does he know how to use href-lang, or how to properly address bots wrt language/country specific content? That's totally separate to what human visitors see, but totally relevant.

    SEO isn't just "how to rank" short-term gimmicks, it can be if you want it to though. In the end IMO if you think what Google displays for anything as "an answer" as gospel, that's ignorant.

    Thanked by 1kkrajk
  • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Top Provider
    edited August 2019

    stop wasting your time replying to this, he wants to know what button to press to make his autoposting shitblog make more money from misleading clicks.

    shotcutnation #itriednothingandiamalloutofideas

    Thanked by 4Lee Amitz vyas11 kkrajk
  • emreemre Member
    edited August 2019

    -hashtag- triedtopostatrollcommentbutfailed , people responded taking it seriously, here, in let! wow,,,

    Thanked by 1Falzo
  • hashtag clowns not knowing what they're talking about, but talking.

    stellar reminder, the world's information controlled by a number of search engines serving the world's population. show some respect to that idea in itself.

  • God Backlinks ,god hasttags /tags for the post,

    Unique. Relevant. Content.

  • corbpiecorbpie Member
    edited August 2019

    Amazing isn’t it, put in the time to create well written content that people want to read and Google will do the rest.

    Thanked by 1kkrajk

    grape

  • number one is content and then you can install wp plugin like yoast, all in one seo or rank math. if you could follow suggestion from the plugins.

  • minus79minus79 Member
    edited August 2019

    sorabit said: number one is content and then you can install wp plugin like yoast, all in one seo or rank math. if you could follow suggestion from the plugins.

    yoast, all in one seo are trash in my opinion, are like an elephant on backend, too many functions for basic things (ofc if someone doesnt have basic skills to create basic functions, they are "gold")
    in my opinion the best thing is to create some mini functions for seo, meta description and to use cmb2 (library) if you want shiny nice looking metaboxes.

    gamesnostalgia abandonware web directory

  • Have you installed the Yoast SEO plugin or not? If you have installed then check the below checklist.

    1. Find Relevant Keywords
    2. Add Primary Keyword In Meta Title and Meta Desc, Also Try To Use Secondary Keyword Or Phrase In Both.
    3. Use Primary Keyword in H1
    4. Optimize Content According to Keywords and Use Primary Keyword 1% In the Content, Also Use Other Keywords, Keep in mind That Content Should Be Unique and 100% Ok in Native Language.
    5. Use Proper Alt Tags in Images
    6. Proper Interlinking with Other Pages
    7. Create XML Sitemap and Upload to your Website and Submit to Search Console.

    Let me Know When you Done This All, I Will Move you to The Next Step.

  • Place AdSense on your site and the click your own ads at least 3, 4 times a day. This way Google will think that your site's content is very relevant because users are clicking it so your site will become number 1 in no time.

  • manlivomanlivo Member without signature

    Use Yoast SEO for optimize keyword, title, description, content.
    But most importantly, your content is unique.

Sign In or Register to comment.