Thinking of Starting Shared Hosting Business
I've been a lurker on LET for a while, and only got an account recently. I'm interested in starting a shared hosting business, but I want to make sure all my ducks are in a row.
I'd love to here some feedback about the set up I'm considering, bad feedback is definitely welcome as long as it is constructive:
- WHMCS to handle orders, billing, etc.
- Stripe/PayPal so I don't need to worry about PCI compliance. Bitcoin for users who
whichwish to be anonymous.
- DirectAdmin for the control panel. I was considering VestaCP, but decided against it due to security issues
- Software RAID and daily backup to BackBlaze B2 or Online.net's C14
- 70 websites maximum on one server.
Host server specs:
Intel Xeon-E 2136
2x500GB NVMe (software raid)
32GB DDR4 ECC 2666MHz
Even though I'd like to think I know a decent amount about web hosting, I'm sure there are people more experienced than me on this forum who can give some insight.