Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

10Gbps VPS - 10-15TB Bandwidth monly
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

10Gbps VPS - 10-15TB Bandwidth monly

RyahnRyahn Member
edited August 2019 in Requests

I have a download server that is only 1Gbps right now, about twice a week the network is saturated due to high volume. This is cause by new releases or updates. I have been using vnstat to get a rough idea of how much bandwidth is needed.

Right now its about 2.5-4TB per week.

VZ Type: kvm
Ram: 2GB
Cores: 2

Disk space: 150GB but can do 100GB
Disk type: HDD is fine. SSD or SAS if the prices works

Bandwidth: 10-15TB
Port Speed: 10Gbps

DDoS: No
IPs: 1-2

Location: I plan on 2 servers. US (Any) and EU (Any). US can be Canada (Any).

Budget: If its possible I like to stay under $20-$25 per server

Billing: Monthly

Comments

• My honest opinion is maybe to expand the budget a little for US and use @MrRadic, That way you get a dedicated port and server and a host cant moan that you are killing the port

I found this to be the cheapest on their site and it comes with 150TB bandwidth

Thanked by 3Ryahn uptime MrRadic
  • I assume the 10Gbps requirement is that your current 1Gbps port is shared and so you'd like to burst when required. Consider a dedicated 1Gbps link.

^ I think their 1Gbps servers were also on a dedicated port. @MrRadic pls confirm.

For EU the obvious choice is Hetzner 1Gbps dedicated.

Thanked by 1Hetzner_OL
  • @CyberneticTitan said:
    I assume the 10Gbps requirement is that your current 1Gbps port is shared and so you'd like to burst when required. Consider a dedicated 1Gbps link.

^ I think their 1Gbps servers were also on a dedicated port. @MrRadic pls confirm.

I currently have had bad experiences with Hetzner. I believe my current host doesnt offer 1Gbps dedicated link. So using reliablesite might be my go to for this.

@Bopie said:
    My honest opinion is maybe to expand the budget a little for US and use @MrRadic, That way you get a dedicated port and server and a host cant moan that you are killing the port

I found this to be the cheapest on their site and it comes with 150TB bandwidth

hmm this might be option. Thanks for the post.

Thanked by 1MrRadic
  • @Ryahn said:

@CyberneticTitan said:
    I assume the 10Gbps requirement is that your current 1Gbps port is shared and so you'd like to burst when required. Consider a dedicated 1Gbps link.

I currently have had bad experiences with Hetzner. I believe my current host doesnt offer 1Gbps dedicated link. So using reliablesite might be my go to for this.

In that case you might also want to give WorldStream a lookie. 120 GB SSD + 1Gbit dedicated @ 50TB for 25EUR.

Thanked by 1Ryahn
  • Reliablesite is also a Dedicated 1port and of course still, 150TB Bandwidth on that port.

Thanked by 1MrRadic
  • MrRadicMrRadic Patron Provider, Veteran

@CyberneticTitan said:

All of our ports are 100% dedicated.

• I think vultr has 10gbit ports.

But, why dont you just spin up something hourly during the 1-2 hours of the update and spread the load a bit?

• what do you use server for? why do you need that much Bandwidth? video, audio streaming? torrents?

• MrRadicMrRadic Patron Provider, Veteran

@Chuck said:
    what do you use server for? why do you need that much Bandwidth? video, audio streaming? torrents?

Software distribution.

Thanked by 1Chuck
  • @Chuck said:
    what do you use server for? why do you need that much Bandwidth? video, audio streaming? torrents?

@MrRadic said:

@Chuck said:

Software distribution.

As MrRadic stated, its for software. Its about 3-4GB depending on OS type. Without doing an sql query to find out the real number but I estimate about 20-30k users who download it.

Thanked by 1Chuck
  • Thanks for all the input everyone. I will be using Reliable site

• did you try to contact your current hoster if they could increase port speed to allow higher burst? I guess you certainly don't need 10gbps. And is it important to get the updates asap?

• AvoroAvoro Member, Host Rep
    edited August 2019

/edit: seen too late that a suitable product has already been found. Sorry!

Hello,

we can offer:

vServer L+

Intel Gold/Intel E5
    6 dedicated CPU
    24 GB DDR4 ECC RAM
    80 GB SSD
    10 Gbit/s shared
    1x IPv4 & 1x IPv6 /64
    10 TB Traffic
    DDoS-Protection

First Colo Datacenter in Germany.

for 25 EUR per month (including 19 % VAT).

Regards
    Theo

• bacloudbacloud Member, Patron Provider

Sorry for a stupid question, but "dedicated port" is not a marketing trick?

If all data center traffic is shared between all clients and there are lots of free traffic to burst up to 1Gbps, port is dedicated or shared? I mean, data centers buys traffic follow their needs, not upgrades 100Gbps port per each 100 clients.

I believe I can easily say, that our traffic is dedicated, but am I really not going to be a liar?

• Bandwidth: 10-15TB
    Port Speed: 10Gbps

is it should be exactly 10Gbps port ! since it's not fit with your monthly bandwidth , all providers I bookmark offer 1Gbps shared only , includes wholesaleinternet here is other options suit for your monthly bandwidth .

https://www.reliablesite.net/dedicated-servers/ 150TB Bandwidth Dedicated 1 Gbps Port $29 $33
    https://buyvm.net/kvm-dedicated-server-slices Unmetered Bandwidth $2.00 $15.00

• Hi. if you need good speed and this is important to you, it's better to take a dedi server. We have a client, he uses an ESXi passthrough based server on 10Ge port
    but he never uses more than 2G-4G on this port. So i think 10Ge is a good option for dedis not for vps

• IonSwitch_StanIonSwitch_Stan Member, Host Rep
    edited August 2019

I can do a VPS2 (2GB ram, 25GB disk, 2T bandwidth) with 100GB SSD total, and 10T a month for $20. VPS is on a server with 2x10Gb uplinks to a 80Gb core with >20Gb uplink to providers.

We are located in Seattle.

• @blackjack4494 said:
    did you try to contact your current hoster if they could increase port speed to allow higher burst? I guess you certainly don't need 10gbps. And is it important to get the updates asap?

I did reach out to them but they were unable to adjust anything. I am currently maxing out an upload speed of ~960Mbps when I used cbm and nload to show real time speeds.