Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ArkaHosting VPS
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

ArkaHosting VPS

Dear all,

I just wanted to share with you my experience with ArkaHosting since I started using their service last May. I rented one of their VPSs that they advertised for $18/year to have it as my git repo host using gitlab running on Ubuntu. The VPS had only 3GB of RAM and running gitlab's service required 4GB, and I had outages every two days. My VPS became unreachable every couple of days, after which I had to contact the support, which takes them from 12-24 hours to resolve the issue, and then to the next time the VPS became again unreachable and so on. So I thought maybe I was overloading the machine so I upgraded the VPS to an 8GB one and thought that this will resolve my issues .... but NOT. For the last 2 months I have been suffering from the same level of service... VPS works for a couple of days, then becomes unreachable, contact support, after 12-24 hours it becomes reachable again, and on and on and on. Their support kept giving the same excuse every time: "we are experiencing attacks" or "malicious activity" and so forth.

Last thing was that they would migrate my VPS to a better server, and I made sure to ask them if that will delete my data or if it will cost more, and their answer was No to both. After 48 hours or so they came back to me with the new IP, so I log in and there is nothing, the hard disk is empty !!! So, contact them again and it takes them another 48 hours to revive my old VPS and tell me "Do you want us to migrate your VPS to a better server" .... what!!!!

So I'm writing this because I want to know how many people out there are suffering as I am? (I told them that I will share my experience with others), and also because I'm asking them for a full refund for what I paid ($45) and they are so far refusing! Let them !!

Comments

• Just one question and I am gone who the f*** is ArkaHosting and why is it with so many great providers here you decided to go with them?

Sorry that is two questions.

• @AuroraZ said:
    Just one question and I am gone who the f*** is ArkaHosting and why is it with so many great providers here you decided to go with them?

They're featured on LEB. 'nuff said.

Thanked by 2AuroraZ uptime
  • They are very cheap provider ... I have my main services with Linode and Contabo which both are excellent ... This was a $18/yr (then upgraded to $45/yr) VPS which I thought would "just work" as my source code repo (instead of using github) and that all I needed from it was to provide very basic service. In all honesty I don't care about the $45, and I could use my 1yr plan to even run a minecraft server for my kids on it, but they are so bad that I can't bring my self to that .... extremely horrible !!!

Thanked by 1AuroraZ
  • AuroraZAuroraZ Barred
    edited August 2019

@MegaCrypto said:
    They are very cheap provider ... I have my main services with Linode and Contabo which both are excellent ... This was a $18/yr (then upgraded to $45/yr) VPS which I thought would "just work" as my source code repo (instead of using github) and that all I needed from it was to provide very basic service. In all honesty I don't care about the $45, and I could use my 1yr plan to even run a minecraft server for my kids on it, but they are so bad that I can't bring my self to that .... extremely horrible !!!

Spend your 45 a year on this place and get something usable. Hell at 18 a year you get something usable here.

edit: man I need to drinking or typing, decisions, decisions.

• Just keep ticketting in. Eventually the cost of providing you with the support will outweigh the price you paid for the server. Do not upgrade to any higher plan under any circumstance.

If they fail to revive your server within two days of you ticketting about it, feel free to do a paypal chargeback. Losing money will be the only way these kind of companies learn.

Also: do not buy from ANY host featured on LEB ever again.

Thanked by 3AuroraZ ITLabs Ouji
  • MegaCryptoMegaCrypto Member
    edited August 2019

@teamacc said:
    Just keep ticketting in. Eventually the cost of providing you with the support will outweigh the price you paid for the server. Do not upgrade to any higher plan under any circumstance.

If they fail to revive your server within two days of you ticketting about it, feel free to do a paypal chargeback. Losing money will be the only way these kind of companies learn.

That's what I have been doing for the last week, regarding the refund!! and NO WAY i'm doing anything with them again .... Contabo and then Linode are my choices ... Contabo VPS's have been great for me so far (over a year and some now!!)

I'm new here ... what is LEB?

Thanked by 1AuroraZ
  • @MegaCrypto said:
    Like I said> @teamacc said:

Just keep ticketting in. Eventually the cost of providing you with the support will outweigh the price you paid for the server. Do not upgrade to any higher plan under any circumstance.

That's what I have been doing for the last week, regarding the refund!! and NO WAY i'm doing anything with them again .... Contabo and then Linode are my choices ... Contabo VPS's have been great for me so far (over a year and some now!!)

LowEndShitBox, INC.

Thanked by 1MegaCrypto
  • @MegaCrypto said:
    Like I said> @teamacc said:

LEB is LowEndBox, a shit-show run by some intern at ColoCrossing, posting and re-posting offers for providers reselling either HudsonValleyHost, ChicagoVPS or ColoCrossing themselves. A site on which the resellers that pay ColoCrossing get posted regardless of the amount of negative feedback received on any previous posting, with no change in sight (although Chris (head of ColoCrossing marketing) promised changes a while back)

LET is LowEndTalk, the forum you're currently on. A place where these ColoCrossing monkeys visit very rarely and which, as a result, has quite some decent offers listed.

I'd end this with a "LET is better than LEB" kinda thing, but at this point that should be common knowledge.

Thanked by 2MegaCrypto ITLabs
    edited August 2019

I think that's how I found them ... my google news feed on my mobile ... keeps giving articles from both LET & LEB!!

But I don't think ArkaHosting are american ... their support's (and actually admin) responses are - lets say - in very poor english!

edit: looked them up on LEB and the top result is https://lowendbox.com/blog/arkahosting-3-new-vps-plans-from-16-year-los-angeles-datacenter/ which I got .... the funny thing is that they keep selling these VPS's ... I even emailed them once that instead of trying to overload your server with more VPS's , at least try to maintain the ones you already sold .... their answer was that they are "under attack" .... !!!

• Probably more like this than anything though:

• @teamacc said:
    Probably more like this than anything though:

Unbelievable :))))

• @teamacc said:

@AuroraZ said:
    Just one question and I am gone who the f*** is ArkaHosting and why is it with so many great providers here you decided to go with them?

They're featured on LEB. 'nuff said.

For those that don't know, Low End Box is a free service for people that want to buy cheap VPSs and shared hosting from people that are just learning how not to operate VPS and shared hosting businesses.

• LeeLee Veteran

teamacc said: LEB is LowEndBox, a shit-show run by some intern at ColoCrossing

Agreed, not sure why people struggle with that.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Still waiting on that change coming.

• @AnthonySmith said:

It's not happening buddy.

@dedotatedwam said:

@AnthonySmith said:

But still waiting

• @AnthonySmith said:

@dedotatedwam said:

@AnthonySmith said:

But still waiting

It is here, notice all the people and hosts that have showed up here lately?

AuroraZ said: It is here, notice all the people and hosts that have showed up here lately?

So the change happened but the change was as much use as tits on a fish?

Thanked by 1uptime
  • I think the only change that was done was to invite a few reputable hosts to place some offers on LEB, so we can't just say "if its listed on LEB - avoid it".

In all honesty - that was a super smart move, and caught all of us by surprise.

• @AnthonySmith said:

AuroraZ said: It is here, notice all the people and hosts that have showed up here lately?

So the change happened but the change was as much use as tits on a fish?

Pretty much tittyfished it.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • It seems that posts on LEB are moderated ....

This is what I tried posting there as a comment on Arka's new promotion (and don't think I've used any bad language ... although I should!!):

Post is not showing !!!! Are you covering for Arka!!!

They are the worst hosting service I've ever seen .... VPS works for a few hours and then goes dark until I contact their support and after a few hours it becomes reachable again ... I have one VPS since last May and I have to contact their support every other day to reach my VPS .... They are over selling whatever machines they have to an extent that it's starting to look like a scam service!!!

I've been demanding a refund from them after I had enough with their support and their services, and now they have been stalling for the last two weeks.

My advise ... DON'T with all capitals and all DON'T !!!!

Thanked by 1uptime
  • MPGMPG Member
    edited August 2019

All three Araka, TCN and Hostsimply same shit you posted vps down every 2-3 days a day or two for support and all three have the exact canned response go figure. So I chalked it up to I was f'ed what do you expect for $34-40 a year? :-) So far from my dealing here I have a good experience but am only within my first month.

Wishosting has been incredible value for hobby sites. From reading here he has been around a while so here today/gone tomorrw concern reduced. Also uptime and quality of service folks seemed to rave. I've been happy and I'm moving a lot of data into so while I get throttled I don't blame them. They have been patient. :-)

Buyvm.net has been excellent for some sites I wanted located in their service areas. Very responsive as well and priced fairly. All interactions spot on!

I gave up on the super cheap shit from LEB caused me way too much grief and for what I am doing these providers were in the price range as OVH, Hetzner were blowing budget. :-)

Hope that helps a little from my new guy experience. BTW I don't user names of the vendors so please tag if you do. They deserve kudos!

mxroute and x4b while not "hosting" have been awesome as well for their service offerings. F' Akara! And they spam like mad to boot!

Thanked by 1MegaCrypto
  • I know that for their price I wasn't expecting much, but a VPS should be at least reachable!!! what else does it do in its least functional form!!! but I guess they have proved to me that even that could be questionable :)))

• Oh I see ArkaHosting is once again on LEB with an Aug 12th featured posting.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • @donli said:
    Oh I see ArkaHosting is once again on LEB with an Aug 12th featured posting.

They do that every two weeks .... amazing!!!

• My post to LEB:

Thanked by 1uptime
  • cybertechcybertech Member
    edited August 2019

LEB is making slight changes to their new ads that allow for monthly payments even though the ad says yearly. Some, but not all.

And other providers allowed in, much higher prices. It dilutes the cess pool and again influences decisions towards cheaper deals.

edited August 2019

it takes them 22 hours to post the comments ;-))))