Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What Email Provider you using for Personal Use? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What Email Provider you using for Personal Use?

Comments

• alentoalento Member, Host Rep

bikegremlin said: But I don't think asking them to opt in for the 2nd time would be practical to most.

I am not sure why you think this way ... they get an email that asks them to click a link to confirm that the email is correct and confirm that they indeed want your mails. What is impractical about that?

Thanked by 1bikegremlin

bikegremlin said: Is it problem if the number of customers is in (hundreds of) thousands - if using SendGrid?

As long as you can afford the bill that SendGrid charges it doesn't matter because the emails will never touch MXRoute.

Thanked by 1bikegremlin
  • @alento said:

bikegremlin said: But I don't think asking them to opt in for the 2nd time would be practical to most.

I am not sure why you think this way ... they get an email that asks them to click a link to confirm that the email is correct and confirm that they indeed want your mails. What is impractical about that?

That part would be necessary for the registration.
    But no need for further application to "mailing notification list" or something.
    Only an opt-out option.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

ProtonMail, Tutanota and MXRoute.

Thanked by 3vyas11 skorous Hax
  • rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

riot said: Postfix.

The best provider out there, I use that one too!

Thanked by 1desperand
  • Been using MXRoute for a few years now, a great service, prices and support

• mailbox.org , mxroute, mailgun.

I could probably move the stuff using mailgun to mxroute if I could be bothered, it's usually less than 100 emails a month unless I break something and upset zabbix.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited August 2019

bikegremlin said: If customers subscribe to my service. Like registering on the website. And I send email schedules for meetings/classes/whatever to thousands of them. Does that get flagged as spamming?
    To clarify: signing on the website would have them understand and desire to be notified (that is: not informing would be considered a problem and have 99.9% customers angry).
    But I don't think asking them to opt in for the 2nd time would be practical to most.

You just need to send them a link that they click to confirm subscription. If you don't, you'll find your website being abused to flood other people's inboxes with spam, and I would personally consider it unsolicited/spam after briefly reviewing why so many emails bounced back on a regular basis. Remember you don't have to be known or popular to be abused in this way, almost none of the mailing lists used by sites like these are: https://mailbait.info/

To this day I'm still working on unsubscribing from thousands of obscure internal college mailing lists that I was signed up for by a pedophile I reported to a web host. They don't require double opt in because they thought "who would abuse this or even know it exists?"

Thanked by 1bikegremlin
  • willie said: Fastmail, very happy with it but it's expensive.

me too with fastmail. Recently migrated from protonmail

Thanked by 1iKeyZ
  • OujiOuji Member

Tutanota, Mailbox.org (for one of my domains) and self hosting in Cloudron for another domain. I also have an account setup in Mailgun with Google refer (30k mails month) for when my Mailbox.org subscription runs out.

• A small step for a (grease) monkey:

https://io.bikegremlin.com/11200/mxroute-email/

In case it helps anyone else.

Thanked by 1jar
  • pullangcubo said: And because of that, MXRoute's support for CrossBox is in limbo?

Crossbox isn't tightly coupled with cPanel... It works with other panels too (DirectAdmin, Plesk, ...) and there's also a standalone version.

• Daniel15Daniel15 Veteran
    edited August 2019

I'm still using legacy free Google Apps accounts for some domains that I've had for a long time, and MXRoute for a few others. MXRoute has been pretty good so far.

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

P.S. (as I just happened to see him and be reminded). If I ever used a 3rd party service it would probably be @jar 's service because I have heard only good things from his customers (minus the usual exceptions) and his prices are quite OK.

Thanked by 1jar
  • @alento said:

bikegremlin said: P.S. anyone used Yandex?

Kind of ... they are oddly picky that each email account belongs to a different physical person. Which is illogical. Other than that, it seems great other than you are obliged to use their DNS for the domain that they host email on - which I am not overly fond of.

MX Records only. Using their nameservers is optional.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@JasonM said:

willie said: Fastmail, very happy with it but it's expensive.

me too with fastmail. Recently migrated from protonmail

Out of curiosity, why did you make the change?

• pikepike Veteran

unseen.is

Thanked by 1lnx

mikei said: MX Records only. Using their nameservers is optional.

I will have to reinvestigate this then ... of course the MX records have to be pointed to Yandex, but the name servers also were required to be pointed to theirs at the time I investigated this.
    But having them constantly block the main Yandex mail account because 'it appears that the messages being sent are spam' coupled with seemingly wanting each account to list the actual persons name of the account holder makes using Yandex for domains potentially too much of a potential issue.

Thanked by 1angstrom
  • My current setup for mail is mix of a few provider I need to get around and consolidate it.

A few domains at Mxroute other domain on self hosted Mailcow and one domain at Yandex, probably move all domain to my Mailcow server.

• Mxroute for me.

• Re: Mailbox.org, this is the first time for me to come across this email provider and they seem to have nice features; I'm particularly interested with their implementation of a personal office. What's your experience with them?

The limit on email aliases is a bummer though; I currently have 100+ aliases and that's the one that I think I'll have issues with it.

• nepsneps Member

G Suite and Mxroute.

• OujiOuji Member

pullangcubo said: Re: Mailbox.org, this is the first time for me to come across this email provider and they seem to have nice features; I'm particularly interested with their implementation of a personal office. What's your experience with them?

The limit on email aliases is a bummer though; I currently have 100+ aliases and that's the one that I think I'll have issues with it.

Well, I don't use their office capabilities and I don't use their web client (used a few times), but overall it has been very good for me.

I use catch-all to solve the alias problem as I use a different email for each account I set up. I recommend them, only thing that bothers me is their implementation of 2FA.

Thanked by 1pullangcubo
  • I previously to used Yandex.Mail but now I just use self hosted with Amazon SES SMTP as backup

Thanked by 1andrew1995
  • @HyperK9 said:
    I previously to used Yandex.Mail but now I just use self hosted with Amazon SES SMTP as backup

do you pay for it? price is how much?

• dragon2611dragon2611 Member
    edited August 2019

@pullangcubo said:

Re: Mailbox.org, this is the first time for me to come across this email provider and they seem to have nice features; I'm particularly interested with their implementation of a personal office. What's your experience with them?

It's openexchange under the hood, not sure if they've done any customisation to it, at the end of the day it's relatively cheap, it syncs contacts and calendar with my phone and it works.

I can't really comment on the office features as I barely use them, but the webmail is decent.

They claim to have good spam filtering but I found some crap was getting through, I ended up putting spamexperts in front, then again I have an email address that has been exposed in who knows how many data leaks so it's probably on every spam list known to man.

Thanked by 2pullangcubo uptime
  • @amsaal said:

@HyperK9 said:
    I previously to used Yandex.Mail but now I just use self hosted with Amazon SES SMTP as backup

Yandex.Mail is free with unlimited use but I just felt like moving to my own. With Amazon SES I am on the free tier so there is no charge for now.

• Using mxroute.

• @HyperK9 said:

@amsaal said:

@HyperK9 said:

Yandex.Mail is free with unlimited use but I just felt like moving to my own. With Amazon SES I am on the free tier so there is no charge for now.

yes i know you just add a credit card it gives you 1 year for free to access all the products that comes under free tier but after that what happens? i think you have to switch since the cost will be more .

• @dragon2611 said:
    It's openexchange under the hood, not sure if they've done any customisation to it, at the end of the day it's relatively cheap, it syncs contacts and calendar with my phone and it works.

thanks for those details - interesting ...

I found the website for their system software

https://www.open-xchange.com/

Thanked by 1amsaal
This discussion has been closed.