Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I forgot to cancel my PayPal subscription at Stockservers. - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

I forgot to cancel my PayPal subscription at Stockservers.

Comments

• barbar Member

@Bopie
    I can provide anything you want, even the emails from your team.
    Just contact me privately as I don't want to disclose anything here.
    I pre-ordered the VPS but I paid for a month and got less than it.
    Your representative told me he'd extend the service until the 12th, which was just not correct, I didn't get to backup my data.
    Another representative told me that they saw that the payment was wrong and that he would take care of it, but nothing happened and when I got my account deleted I had nothing else to do.
    I also don't get why did you have to terminate my entire account, and delete all of the tickets, it just made contacting you impossible.
    About the PayPal subscription cancellation, in your website you have an option to cancel a subscription and then you get an email:
    "This email is to confirm that we have received your cancellation request for the service listed below.

Product/Service: 4thLETSpecial
    Domain: ********

The service will be terminated within the next 24 hours."

Nowhere here it states anything about PayPal, I don't think any customer that this is his first time ordering such a product or using the PayPal subscription method that you advertise would think that he needs to do anything else.

• bar said: You're the seller, you are the one responsible for that, if that's PayPal's policy, you are the one that should be responsible for it.

No, you are wrong.

You shouldn't use Paypal if you don't know how it works.

I don't know about anything else in this thread, but if you assume a provider is responsible to cancel the subscription YOU set up in your account, you assume wrong and are incorrect. Period. There is no argument. What you should do is go NOW and cancel the subscription before you get billed again, then you should send an e-mail to support@ and let them know you have mistakenly paid them and would request they refund the subscription payment, kindly and let them know you understand it was your fault the money got sent and have canceled the subscription going forward. If you charge back and it was paid by subscription, you are the one in the wrong here.

my 2 cents.

Cheers.

• barbar Member

TheLinuxBug said: Period. There is no argument. What you should do is go NOW and cancel the subscription before you get billed again, then you should send an e-mail to support@ and let them know you have mistakenly paid them and would request they refund the subscription payment, kindly and let them know you understand it was your fault the money got sent and have canceled the subscription going forward.

That's exactly what I did, their representative told me he sees that and that he would "sort it out" and nothing happened for a few days, I was still charged.

• bar said: Nowhere here it states anything about PayPal, I don't think any customer that this is his first time ordering such a product or using the PayPal subscription method that you advertise would think that he needs to do anything else.

Assuming of course those customers can't read either that's probably true.

• @bar said:
    @Bopie
    Your representative told me he'd extend the service until the 12th, which was just not correct, I didn't get to backup my data.
    Another representative told me that they saw that the payment was wrong and that he would take care of it, but nothing happened and when I got my account deleted I had nothing else to do.
    I also don't get why did you have to terminate my entire account, and delete all of the tickets, it just made contacting you impossible.
    About the PayPal subscription cancellation, in your website you have an option to cancel a subscription and then you get an email:
    "This email is to confirm that we have received your cancellation request for the service listed below.

Nowhere here it states anything about PayPal, I don't think any customer that this is his first time ordering such a product or using the PayPal subscription method that you advertise would think that he needs to do anything else.

If you read the subscription agreement when "YOU" agreed to it, you would find it is also your responsibility to cancel it.
    Did you read and understand the subscription that paypal presented to you before accepting it?
    You have been offered a refund and in contact with the provider privately now, does this still need a public stage?

• PieHasBeenEatenPieHasBeenEaten Member, Host Rep

@bar Sorry you have yet to accept responsibility in this matter. That is what is deeply concerning. Who has access to your PayPal account? Guess who? You do! Anyways I changed the title to accurately reflect the issue.

Thanked by 2skorous Eased
  • barbar Member

skorous said: Assuming of course those customers can't read either that's probably true.

Can't read what?
    How come every other company can charge as a subscription and cancel it by itself, but here I'm the one supposed to do both?
    Nowhere in their website they state that, and I don't think that if you had your first time placing an order like that you would know that.

• @bar said:

TheLinuxBug said: Period. There is no argument. What you should do is go NOW and cancel the subscription before you get billed again, then you should send an e-mail to support@ and let them know you have mistakenly paid them and would request they refund the subscription payment, kindly and let them know you understand it was your fault the money got sent and have canceled the subscription going forward.

That's exactly what I did, their representative told me he sees that and that he would "sort it out" and nothing happened for a few days, I was still charged.

Please re-read the whole thing that @TheLinuxBug posted.
    He is talking about the PayPal subscription, not the host subscription. Two different things. And its obvious you didn't cancel PayPal subscription, cause you were charged.
    Have a read here: https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/how-do-i-cancel-an-automatic-payment-i-have-with-a-merchant-faq2058
    I am in no way defending any company or person, but when you failed to cancel your subscription - thats on you.
    I am sure they will give you your money back if you ask (be polite, don't jump on with "you scammed me", cause they really didn't).

Good luck.

Thanked by 1skorous
  • barbar Member
    edited August 2019

@t0ny0 said:

@bar said:

He is talking about the PayPal subscription, not the host subscription. Two different things. And its obvious you didn't cancel PayPal subscription, cause you were charged.
    Have a read here: https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/how-do-i-cancel-an-automatic-payment-i-have-with-a-merchant-faq2058
    I am in no way defending any company or person, but when you failed to cancel your subscription - thats on you.
    I am sure they will give you your money back if you ask (be polite, don't jump on with "you scammed me", cause they really didn't).

Good luck.

I've read it all, that's exactly what I did.
    1. Terminated the service on their website.
    2. Got charged on PayPal.
    3. Talked to them they said they would sort it out.
    A few days went by
    4. Cancelled the subscription on PayPal.

• bar said: Can't read what?

As @t0ny0 says above ... the agreement you made with Paypal which is completely independent of StockServers.

Thanked by 1NobodyInteresting
  • @bar said:

@t0ny0 said:

@bar said:

Good luck.

I've read it all, that's exactly what I did.
    1. Terminated the service on their website.
    2. Got charged on PayPal.
    3. Talked to them they said they would sort it out.
    A few days went by
    4. Cancelled the subscription on PayPal.

They can not "sort it out", as your PayPal account automatically sent them money. You are the only one who can sort out the cancellation of your subscription.
    The only thing they can sort out is the refund of the last bill paid.

• barbar Member
    edited August 2019

Also, it's very nice to see how these forums operate.
    No one can say anything wrong about any seller, even if they behave and operate wrong.
    Blaming the customer right away.
    Changed the subject and all.

• @bar said:
    @Bopie

When you submitted a cancellation it cancels your product not the PayPal subscription as that is your responsibility and as im sure many people will tell you but WHMCS and paypal are a royal pain in the a**, We have stopped offering subscriptions at this point because of people not looking after them.

Also from your quote here of the cancellation, you submitted a termination "Immediate" This does not wait until the agreed end date of the billing it terminates it at the next cron job time which in our case is every night at 12PM GMT

Your VPS was terminated at your request however again id like to say you could have contacted us via ticket, You said that you couldn't access your account so it was impossible to contact us, https://my.stockservers.com/contact.php You still could have contact us via sales and explained the situation.

• @bar said:
    Also, it's very nice to see how these forums operate.
    No one can say anything wrong about any seller, even if they behave and operate wrong.
    Blaming the customer right away.
    Changed the subject and all.

So you still don't understand that this was your fault?
    I kinda see why @AnthonySmith gave up. I give up too.
    Best of luck in the LET world, im outta this thread.

• barbar Member

Bopie said: When you submitted a cancellation it cancels your product not the PayPal subscription as that is your responsibility and as im sure many people will tell you but WHMCS and paypal are a royal pain in the a**, We have stopped offering subscriptions at this point because of people not looking after them.

So you say that your termination is worth nothing, I don't get the product but keep on paying, don't you think it's wrong?

Thanked by 1skorous
  • PieHasBeenEatenPieHasBeenEaten Member, Host Rep

@bar Well of course we are going to blame you because it is your fault. Stop being a child about it and own up for failing to cancel your subscription.

• barbar Member
    edited August 2019

@t0ny0

I didn't say that I'm not at fault here, but I talked to them and they said that they would sort it out, and extend my service.
    None of this happened.
    That's my complaint here.

• barbar Member

PieHasBeenEaten said: @bar Well of course we are going to blame you because it is your fault. Stop being a child about it and own up for failing to cancel your subscription.

Read my other comment

• bar said: So you say that your termination is worth nothing, I don't get the product but keep on paying, don't you think it's wrong?

He's saying you have two distinct things: a VPS subscription with StockServers and an agreement with Paypal to send StockServer money. You only cancelled one of them. So you sent them money a second time as a tax on not being able to read. Learn from it.

• barbar Member

skorous said: He's saying you

have two distinct things: a VPS subscription with StockServers and an agreement with Paypal to send StockServer money. You only cancelled one of them.

I got it dude. I understand what he says.
    I don't think you understand what I mean.
    If I cancel the service from their website, I keep on paying and not getting any product, what good is in that? Why would I do it? Why is it an option?

skorous said: So you sent them money a second time as a tax on not being able to read.

I would like to thank you on being very mature.
    Have a nice day.

• bar said: If I cancel the service from their website, I keep on paying and not getting any product, what good is in that?

None.

bar said: Why would I do it?

Because you can't read.

bar said: Why is it an option?

Because Paypal has no way of knowing you cancelled your service with StockServers so they're going to honor your agreement with them and keep sending them money.

bar said: I would like to thank you on being very mature.

You're welcome.

• barbar Member

skorous said: Because Paypal has no way of knowing you cancelled your service with StockServers so they're going to honor your agreement with them and keep sending them money.

They can, check with Netflix, Microsoft, EA, Tidal, Blizzard, Skype.
    Do you want me to write down some more from my subscription list?

• bar said: Do you want me to write down some more from my subscription list?

My indifference is so small as to be unmeasurable. However, amongst your other issues is that you're confusing things you subscribe to with a PayPal Subscription which is a very specific thing. You should have read the details when you set it up.

• Ok, I'm not here to argue I'm going to put things the best I can, WHMCS does not automatically cancel the PayPal subscription as PayPal state it is YOUR the responsibility to cancel it, We have refunded that to you anyway, Please confirm you got that.

YOU requested an immediate product termination which our system did for you as requested, We can't reverse that, Once the VPS is gone it's gone we can't do anything for you.

• @bar said:

skorous said: Because Paypal has no way of knowing you cancelled your service with StockServers so they're going to honor your agreement with them and keep sending them money.

They can, check with Netflix, Microsoft, EA, Tidal, Blizzard, Skype.
    Do you want me to write down some more from my subscription list?

The difference is those use Billing Agreements and not the PayPal subscription model. Billing agreements require the sellers to meet a minimum threshold before they have permission to use it as anyone of those providers could set up a $500 charge and it would instantly bill you and PayPal require some form of trust by means of a minimum transaction threshold per year. PayPal subscriptions are just that "I want to send this fixed amount once per month on this date." and PayPal will execute it each month until it is canceled.

It sucks but you've got your refund. I don't like the idea of selling "Pre-order" servers... I think that's a bit shitty and almost strikes me as kind of a cash-grabbing tactic.

• PP subscription are user responsibility fair and square as other are saying but why his account was blocked/deleted ? bcos of PP dispute ? just asking :smiley:

Thanked by 1Shamli
  • CConnerCConner Member, Host Rep

@webclouddev said:
    PP subscription are user responsibility fair and square as other are saying but why his account was blocked/deleted ? bcos of PP dispute ? just asking :smiley:

Pretty standard procedure as far as I am aware.

• imokimok Member

I only see people repeating and repeating the same thing. You are not going to go to any place guys.

In this case, just do what @AnthonySmith did.

Leave

• jvnadrjvnadr Member
    edited August 2019

bar said: You're the seller, you are the one responsible for that, if that's PayPal's policy, you are the one that should be responsible for it.

No, no and NO. If you login to your web banking account and make a recurring payment to another account, then, you are the only one that can and should stop this activity. It's the same on Paypal. If you want to stop paypal sending money, as in your web banking, you are the only one that can login to your account and stop the recurring action. If you cannot understand simple things. maybe you should not use them at all.

bar said: If I cancel the service from their website, I keep on paying and not getting any product, what good is in that? Why would I do it? Why is it an option?

Your paypal or Bank agreement, does not know if the service you are paying to is one ore another, if it is still current or not. And this, because of the safety of your account. Imagine a hosting provider that can tell your bank or Paypal to continue or stop paying for something. By giving a paypal agreement, you just let the hosting provider to use the account for paying the service you got, not any other action.

bar said: I didn't say that I'm not at fault here

So, you admit you are in fault here but you still opened a thread to LET to bash them.

bar said: They can, check with Netflix, Microsoft, EA, Tidal, Blizzard, Skype.

It's not the same. Netflix and the other services you have, are authorized to collect money every months. For the hosting account, you created a recurring payment on Paypal's side. This way, the provider won't take the money itself but Paypal will send him a certain amount of money every month or any billing period you initially agreed. You still cannot understand how this is works or what's the difference. But this is not anybody else fault. Solely yours...

bar said: No one can say anything wrong about any seller, even if they behave and operate wrong. Blaming the customer right away.

There are tons of time that LET users blame and/or attack to fraud, poor, bad providers. f you are the only one that still believes you have right, I guess that should make you think deeper...

This is an old joke:

A guy drives in the highway, when he hears this on the radio:

• Drivers on the highway, be careful! be careful! One idiot is driving on the opposite direction.

And our driver talk to himserf:

• What one idiot? They are thousand of them!
    Thanked by 1DreamCaster
  • @fat32 @hzr please note that OP changed the title to spite you guys.

This discussion has been closed.