Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My review about Frantech EU LUX ...
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

My review about Frantech EU LUX ...

angeliusangelius Member
edited August 2019 in Providers

Hello

Last week I purchased a VPS from Frantech (in EU-Lux location)
The VPS is constantly either unreachable, or when I am able to SSH in, it take like 1 or 2 minutes before I really can type anything in the SSH console.

Of course I have removed that bad VM from my cluster now ... but I continued to monitor the VPS for few days and it's completely unstable, probably super oversold host ...

EDIT: a lot of users here reported good service from frantech Lux, So maybe it's just the host where my VM is located...

Comments

• Grabs popcorn.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

Did you raise a ticket to have them investigate?

• angeliusangelius Member
    edited August 2019

@Nekki said:
    Did you raise a ticket to have them investigate?

Yes, they said it was an issue with a router, but it should have been fixed since several days now (there is another topic on LET about this)

Even after the router issue is declared as fixed, there is still there same issue of the VM being non-responsive or reachable every few minutes

PS: I was using like 0.0 resources on the VM ... so If it takes 30-60 secs just to SSH in ... it's probably because of badly oversold host

FYI I have now cancelled my VPS with them, as I have ZERO trust in a company unable to keep online a host for SEVERAL days!!!!!

Thanked by 1Neuradot
  • That's not a review it's more like a rant :smiley:

If it takes long to SSH in it could be a DNS issue, so make sure your DNS is configured properly.

edited August 2019

@marvel said:
    That's not a review it's more like a rant :smiley:

If it takes long to SSH in it could be a DNS issue, so make sure your DNS is configured properly.

Marvel, I have like 50 VPS around the world with a lot of providers,
    It's not a DNS issue ... When I SSH in, connexion is instant, I see the beggining of the prompt, then it takes 30-60sec before I'm able to type anything.... like if the host IO where all used

Also 60% of requests to that VM failed constantly (up to this morning when I have removed that VM from my cluster)

It's just that Luxembourg nodes from frantech are not working properly or are oversold ... check the other topic here on LET about Frantech Luxembourg nodes
    https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3009171

• What I can see here is probably your network issue routed to your LU vps, not actually the quality level of it. I have some services from Frantech and am pretty satisfied with them for more than a month. I suggest you check your network first.

• @angelius said:

@marvel said:
    That's not a review it's more like a rant :smiley:

Marvel, I have like 50 VPS around the world with a lot of providers,
    It's not a DNS issue ... When I SSH in, connexion is instant, I see the beggining of the prompt, then it takes 30-60sec before I'm able to type anything.... like if the host IO where all used

Also 60% of requests to that VM failed constantly (up to this morning when I have removed that VM from my cluster)

It's just that Luxembourg nodes from frantech are not working properly or are oversold ... check the other topic here on LET about Frantech Luxembourg nodes
    https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3009171

I have one in LUX, no problems whatsoever. Can you post the output of three times 'iostat -x 1'? (You may need to do apt install sysstat)

edited August 2019

@subaru said:
    What I can see here is probably your network issue routed to your LU vps, not actually the quality level of it. I have some services from Frantech and am pretty satisfied with them for more than a month. I suggest you check your network first.

Subaru, I tried to connect from several origins : hetzner, ovh, aws, digital ocean

Same ...
    Also 60 % of requests to frantech vps are failing (from visitors)... So I'm not sure about what you mean with my network ... I'm not connecting from home, I'm connecting from other servers....

Again I was able to connect sometimes but the server is failing request and non responsive for several minutes every few minutes

Subaru, I suggest you put in place some monitoring on your VPS with frantech ... You might be surprised :(

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

Do you have a ticket for me to look at?

There's no outstanding issues I'm aware of. LU is just fine, routers been behaving and the power issue is resolved.

I'm more inclined to think you have some sort of flood leaking.

By all means, send a new ticket, i'll be up for a few more hours.

Francisco

Thanked by 1kkrajk
  • ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

OP, your post has a lot of “probables” and assumptions, but really nothing to back up your claims.

Given how many Customers @Francisco has here, I would highly expect more people to come forward if they really had issues for so long.

I’m not saying there’s no issue, but it might be isolated to your VM/single hyper visor, and you, with your assumptions, have blown it out of proportion.

• solairesolaire Member
    edited August 2019

@Clouvider said:
    OP, your post has a lot of “probables” and assumptions, but really nothing to back up your claims.

Given how many Customers @Francisco has here, I would highly expect more people to come forward if they really had issues for so long.

I’m not saying there’s no issue, but it might be isolated to your VM/single hyper visor, and you, with your assumptions, have blown it out of proportion.

^ this. Solid service in LU with @Francisco for a few years now. The downtime that was caused by the router and power was a bummer, but so be it. Rather than writing a bad review, you should've opened a ticket.

• @Clouvider said:

You are right, it might be limited to the host where my VM is located, I will edit my post

Thanked by 1Clouvider

@angelius said:

@Clouvider said:

You are right, it might be limited to the host where my VM is located, I will edit my post

That'll be good, but get me a ticket and i'll likely figure out your problems before bed.

Francisco

Thanked by 1Foul
  • @Francisco said:
    That'll be good, but get me a ticket and i'll likely figure out your problems before bed.

Francisco

I have edited this topic to be fair about the context, I have also opened a ticket on your system: 233346

@angelius said:

@Francisco said:

Francisco

I have edited this topic to be fair about the context, I have also opened a ticket on your system: 233346

>

Thanks.

I replied back :)

Francisco

Thanked by 2fLoo angelius
  • fLoofLoo Member

I think we can close this by now? Fran did amazing support as always. And customer seems to be happy. Everything else can go via Ticket :-)

Thanked by 1angelius
  • Yes please, this topic can be closed, Ticket is opened with Fran and under investigation

• AndruAndru Member
    edited August 2019

Just send us where was the problem... Your side or fran side. Thanks!