Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPS for Seedbox in EU (Good connectivity to NL)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPS for Seedbox in EU (Good connectivity to NL)

Looking for a Seedbox somewhere in the EU

Will be used for downloading torrents, then downloading the files straight of the server to my laptop

Don't have a budget

512MB RAM (needs to be able to run Deluge)

100GB Disk

1TB BW @ 100Mbps+

Comments

• looking for "vps for seedbox" or "looking for a seedbox" ??

• JerryHouJerryHou Member
    edited November 2013

Bytesized-Hosting (Deluge is the default client)

whatbox

feralhosting

I think you should check these professional seedbox provider since most VPS providers won't allow torrents...

• @joodle said:
    Looking for a Seedbox somewhere in the EU

Will be used for downloading torrents, then downloading the files straight of the server to my laptop

Don't have a budget

512MB RAM (needs to be able to run Deluge)

100GB Disk

1TB BW @ 100Mbps+

I hear online.net in FR is good for that kind of thing. But if you want something cheaper how about ramnode in NL? They do ssd cached vps's with what you're after ram and disk wise. Not sure what their TOS says about torrents though so that might be worth a look first.

• @sc754 said:
    Not sure what their TOS says about torrents though so that might be worth a look first.

I asked them before.. they replied, they didnt care as long it doesnt drag user on same node into problems..
    they also will terminate your vps if get any report

• @psycholyzern said:
    looking for "vps for seedbox" or "looking for a seedbox" ??

Both are fine :)

• INIZ NL Location KVM 1024 seems ok for you.

KVM VPS - 1024MB Monthly
    3 vCores 
    1024MB RAM / 512MB SWAP 
    100GB RAID10 
    2TB OUTBOUND
    5 IPv6 / 1 IPv4
    Amsterdam, Netherlands

KVM VPS - 512MB Monthly
    2 vCores 
    512MB RAM / 256MB SWAP 
    50GB RAID10 
    1TB OUTBOUND
    5 IPv6 / 1 IPv4
    Amsterdam, Netherlands

• JerryHou said: INIZ NL Location KVM 1024 seems ok for you.

But the question is, do they allow torrents? xD

• @joodle said:

AUP says:

• Torrents (Personal usage is fine if usage is low)

Our servers are located in the Netherlands & USA and therefore you must comply with the national laws applicable to online services as to where your service is based (we follow US jurisdiction for US services and EU/Netherlands for Amsterdam). As a result torrents, torrent trackers, warez linking/hosting, rapidleech and other such services is prohibited on our servers. Any accounts found hosting such content will be suspended or terminated without notice.

• joodle said: But the question is, do they allow torrents? xD

I use INIZ NL as seedbox with private trackers and personal use 2 months now.

• Still looking for a good host

• Don't run deluged with the web client, use the thin client - uses less ram and is faster.

Also, use the latest deluge (1.3.6) but use older versions of libtorrent-rasterbar (preferably 0.15.10) since the newer versions of rasterbar do weird things when syncing to disk

• Why not just get a seedbox from bigsb.net?

• I use rutorrent and transmission.. I hate deluge..
    i tried them before but its downloading sooo slow.. rutorrent and transmisson are better

• If budget is not a problem,you can try whatbox.ca.Their http file manager is good for transfer.

• Just use Alldebrid if you don't need to seed the torrent back.

• @psycholyzern said:
    I use rutorrent and transmission.. I hate deluge..
    i tried them before but its downloading sooo slow.. rutorrent and transmisson are better

You must have done something terribly wrong because deluge is the best in terms of early swarm performance, I've easily saturated a gbit + 200mbit up line with a single deluged instance

• if you only go for torrents, not file sharing sites (rapidshare, uploaded...), maybe you can try put.io.

• @JerryHou said:
    if you only go for torrents, not file sharing sites (rapidshare, uploaded...), maybe you can try put.io.

Too limited. Why go for such an option when you have VPS providers who allow torrents?

• I have got a dedicated seed box . I want to Make users is torrenet flux good. I want to allocate each user a specific space n bandwidth limit. Pl suggest me which will be better. Those users are my friends

• Thanks everyone

Got an online.net box now for use as a seedbox

• I hope you are using it on a music tracker so you can learn what dubstep actually is and not that glitch-dub-metal-skrillexcore shit you are linking to now

• @texteditor said:
    I hope you are using it on a music tracker so you can learn what dubstep actually is and not that glitch-dub-metal-skrillexcore shit you are linking to now

Maybe YOU should learn a bit more about dubstep, as you may not know, dubstep has different types of tunes etc

• It is literally supposed to be reggae-esque dubbing of bass over a uk garage 2-step beat progression, the genre name didnt come from nowhere.

That trash has more drops and wobbles than structure and clearly falls more into the category 'glitch'

• Last night a DJ saved my life.

• @joodle said:
    Got an online.net box now for use as a seedbox

What plan did you get?

• joodle said: Got an online.net box now for use as a seedbox

joelgm said: What plan did you get?

Yep? all "Sold Out" from days to now.

• DroidzoneDroidzone Member
    edited November 2013

@mtoledoce said:
    all "Sold Out"

More or less..except the higher end plans.

• 70 Euros for a seedbox? weird- anyways, i know a reseller with stock now (Nano 160Go).

• mtoledoce said: i know a reseller with stock now (Nano 160Go).

I have the nano one, got it via a reseller

• @joodle said:

Oneprovider? Did they deliver?