Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do ultravps offer a way to uncancel a cancelled server before the cancellation date?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Do ultravps offer a way to uncancel a cancelled server before the cancellation date?

I thought there was something like that displayed near the cancelled service but I can't see it any more.

Thanked by 1uptime

Comments

• uptimeuptime Member
    edited August 2019

pro-tip: run shutdown --hide now on the server and remove the A record and any CNAME from your DNS - then they won't be able to find it anymore and you can keep it forever (as long as you don't power it on again).

Alternatively, you could submit a support ticket claiming to have received a reprieve from the Governor, if you want to play it straight with them.

• BlaZeBlaZe Member, Host Rep

Why not just raise a ticket at UltraVPS and clarify this?

• @BlaZe said:
    Why not just raise a ticket at UltraVPS and clarify this?

Buy ultravps I mean Bradler and Kuntz. They offer support via email only and I don't think their support operates at weekends.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • yes there is, in the control-panel select 'services' from the left sidebar, and then go for the gear on the cancelled one which should have 'Kündigung zurückziehen' to undo the cancellation.

• @Falzo said:
    'Kündigung zurückziehen'

Du bist der wirklich wertvollste Spieler!

Thanked by 2rchurch webcraft
  • You never know when you''ll need to kündigung zurückziehen.

• @Falzo said:
    yes there is, in the control-panel select 'services' from the left sidebar, and then go for the gear on the cancelled one which should have 'Kündigung zurückziehen' to undo the cancellation.

That option is not showing now. It may be too late.
    Right now it just says service information.

I am sure I had seen something like that before but in Engllish.

• @rchurch said:

if you click on that, it should show a box with some contractual information. there is also a gear symbol which might offer that revokation.

however, I am unsure on how long this is possible, so you could be right, that it's too late. did you reach out to them? mail probably is the easiest and fastest way... what's the cancellation date?

• Too late for a Kündigung zurückziehen, get a Rhabarberkuchen instead.

Thanked by 2uptime Falzo
  • donlidonli Member
    edited August 2019

@ITLabs said:
    Too late for a Kündigung zurückziehen, get a Rhabarberkuchen instead.

I think I'll just have the bier, thanks.

Thanked by 2ITLabs Falzo
  • @Falzo said:

@rchurch said:

if you click on that, it should show a box with some contractual information. there is also a gear symbol which might offer that revokation.

however, I am unsure on how long this is possible, so you could be right, that it's too late. did you reach out to them? mail probably is the easiest and fastest way... what's the cancellation date?

I think that option is removed after the command to cancel it is invoked. It was due to be cancelled yesterday, which should mean by 23:59:59 or something like that.

That option was removed before that so I guess the command to delete it is issued earlier and runs by midnight or sometime after

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • @rchurch said:

I think that option is removed after the command to cancel it is invoked. It was due to be cancelled yesterday, which should mean by 23:59:59 or something like that.

That option was removed before that so I guess the command to delete it is issued earlier and runs by midnight or sometime after

agreed, probably too short of a timespan to use the automatic stuff ;-)

• rchurchrchurch Member
    edited August 2019

Email response from ultravps

Unfortunately a cancellation can only be undone until one day before the expire date. Cancellations with effect on 2019-08-04 can't be undone any more. I'm sorry.

A server I wanted to transfer the VM to was acting up, but it is working okay now. Saved me 20EUR. That offer was a good one though.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • thanks for keeping us posted, glad to hear it worked out (one way or another)

"I learned something today" ...

Thanked by 1rchurch
  • vyas11vyas11 Member
    edited August 2019

I learnt uncancelling after cancel but before cancellation date is a possibility. Not to mention two new German words. LET continues to amaze and educate.

^Missed the "don't try this at home" or "adult supervision required" disclaimer at the footer