Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Advertise on LowEndTalk.com
lu-shared02 down, who is the owner?
New on LowEndTalk? Please read our 'Community Rules' by clicking on it in the right menu!

lu-shared02 down, who is the owner?

a year ago I bought a shared hosting, they gave me https://lu-shared02.cpanelplatform.com:2083 to access cPanel. And a month ago I bought hosting at another provider, they gave the same link to cPanel.
how to tell them that cPanel is not accessible ?

Comments

• TerensMTerensM Member
    edited August 2019

same problem here @Francisco

WHAdvice.com - Hosting Reviews, Toplists , Search Tool

• buyshared?

Favourite host in general: Ramnode (affiliate link)
    Favourite host for hourly billing/custom ISOs: Vultr ($50 free credit for new accounts, affiliate link)

• Have you tried to open a ticket?

#lexit | FatPal - Official LET payment gateway

• @hostnoob said:
    buyshared?

Yes, right

• Unless it is a reseller which it sounds like it is, then it is the entity that sold you your hosting, and not @Francisco. He will not be able to help you unless you bought from him.

@MikePT should know this as well, he has been around long enough to know it.

Thanked by 2MikePT kkrajk

Catch me over at Primary DNS. If you want to chat I am done with this cesspool.

• @ITLabs said:
    Have you tried to open a ticket?

I have opened a ticket, but they (the current provider) never respond when my site is down.

• @public_html frantech has an active channel on discord (and they have been notified there already)

the Amitz.party lives on!

• MikePTMikePT Member, Provider

@AuroraZ said:
    Unless it is a reseller which it sounds like it is, then it is the entity that sold you your hosting, and not @Francisco. He will not be able to help you unless you bought from him.

In this case cPanel isnt really working so I sent Francisco a message. Would obviously not tag him if this wasnt an issue related to the server 👍

Thanked by 2SmallWeb ITLabs
  • SmallWebSmallWeb Member, Provider

It's Sunday, let's all just pray together and be happy :)

Thanked by 2MikePT ITLabs

SmallWeb - DirectAdmin Web Hosting from £3.99/Year in AMS, GER, LAX, LON, LUX, MEL, NYC & SGP. Use code HALF on 1GB+.

@public_html said:

@ITLabs said:
    Have you tried to open a ticket?

I have opened a ticket, but they (the current provider) never respond when my site is down.

That is not good. Consider purchasing from buyshared instead.

Thanked by 3ITLabs ehab kkrajk
    edited August 2019

MikePT said:
    That is not good. Consider purchasing from buyshared instead.

On that note.. had <5 min response time to acknowledge problems

Thanked by 1MikePT

SmallWeb - DirectAdmin Web Hosting from £3.99/Year in AMS, GER, LAX, LON, LUX, MEL, NYC & SGP. Use code HALF on 1GB+.

• ehabehab Member

after Mic-hael left Ho-ost , no support exists.

• do not prepay > 1 year and check for reviews/support
    • only use monthly from a provider operating < 1 year 🍆
  • @MikePT said:
    In this case cPanel isnt really working so I sent Francisco a message. Would obviously not tag him if this wasnt an issue related to the server 👍

I think so, the main provider must know

ehab said: after Mic-hael left Ho-ost , no support exists.

That's really sad if it's a genuine comment mate. That was my baby.

Thanked by 1MikePT

• SplitIceSplitIce Member, Provider

I suspect everyone is waiting on Francisco to wake. It looks like he logged off ~2hr ago. He needs a pager taster.

X4B - DDoS Protection: Affordable Anycast DDoS protection including Layer 7 mitigation with PoPs in the US, EU and Asia.
    Latest Offer: Black Friday 2019 Offer
  • @MikePT said:

@AuroraZ said:
    Unless it is a reseller which it sounds like it is, then it is the entity that sold you your hosting, and not @Francisco. He will not be able to help you unless you bought from him.

I can understand the server is down, but he should still wait for the reseller to reply and not bother @Fransico. He should never have even been told Fransisco was involved as he is not his client, but the resellers. What ever info he gets from Fran needs to passed along that his job. I know you want to help, and that is commendable, but sometimes the best thing is to not help and give out information so it makes some one else's life hell.

I am almost positive @Francisco knows it is down or it went down for maintenance and he sent out a notice. The reseller may not have passed it along, but it is not Fran's responsibility to clean up his mess.

• ehabehab Member

@Mic-hael said:

I had tickets auto-closed after some days with no reply what so ever. For shared plans i rely on inceptionhosting, Mrvm and gestiondbi.

Thanked by 2SmallWeb gestiondbi
    • do not prepay > 1 year and check for reviews/support
    • only use monthly from a provider operating < 1 year 🍆
  • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Top Provider
    edited August 2019

@public_html a few things that may help.

1. Check your emails, see who the host is, if it is not Frantech/buyshared then you are probably a customer of a reseller in which case you need to go through the reseller.

2. Check YOUR EMAILS it is possible you have been migrated to direct admin.

I suspect given that "cpanelplatform.com" does not even respond to ping and the obvious issues with the domain: https://intodns.com/cpanelplatform.com it is almost unthinkable that Fran actually manages this domain so it is highly likely that you are a customer of a reseller that has decided to close down rather than pay the increased license prices imposed by cPanel recently.

Take a breath and read the first few pages of: https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/158547/new-cpanel-licensing-and-pricing-structure-thoughts

My advice, buy another hosting plan from another host or from Frantech/buyshared directly and restore from your backups, you will probably be chasing your own tail for weeks otherwise before coming to the conclusion that this is what you should have done weeks ago.

@AuroraZ said:

@MikePT said:

@AuroraZ said:

I can understand the server is down, but he should still wait for the reseller to reply and not bother @Fransico. He should never have even been told Fransisco was involved as he is not his client, but the resellers. What ever info he gets from Fran needs to passed along that his job. I know you want to help, and that is commendable, but sometimes the best thing is to not help and give out information so it makes some one else's life hell.

I am almost positive @Francisco knows it is down or it went down for maintenance and he sent out a notice. The reseller may not have passed it along, but it is not Fran's responsibility to clean up his mess.

I see your point. It definitely makes sense. My bad.

Thanked by 2AuroraZ SmallWeb

ehab said: I had tickets auto-closed after some days with no reply what so ever. For shared plans i rely on inceptionhosting, Mrvm and gestiondbi.

That saddens me, I hope your other providers treat you better.

Thanked by 1ehab

• @AnthonySmith said:

I suspect given that "cpanelplatform.com" does not even respond to ping and the obvious issues with the domain: https://intodns.com/cpanelplatform.com it is almost unthinkable that Fran actually manages this domain so it is highly likely that you are a customer of a reseller that has decided to close down rather than pay the increased license prices imposed by cPanel recently.

Take a breath and read the first few pages of: https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/158547/new-cpanel-licensing-and-pricing-structure-thoughts

My advice, buy another hosting plan from another host or from Frantech/buyshared directly and restore from your backups, you will probably be chasing your own tail for weeks otherwise before coming to the conclusion that this is what you should have done weeks ago.

Fran does indeed own cpanelplatform.com. Also, the whole infrastructure in LU has been down for the last two hours.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Top Provider

limited said: Fran does indeed own cpanelplatform.com. Also, the whole infrastructure in LU has been down for the last two hours.

Well that would explain that then, perhaps if you point the @OP to where you got the information so he knows where to look in the future then that will be /thread :)

Thanked by 1AuroraZ
  • Everything will be down until Francisco Wakeup :D

• i guess they already know about this issue and working on it , hope its not another ddos randsom attack

EVERYTHING IS MUCH BETTER THAN IT WAS 1 YEAR AGO

• @webclouddev
    As per my 5 years Experience, this kind of issue never ever gone a solved until Francisco available.

• Tumbleguy1Tumbleguy1 Member
    edited August 2019

Lu,roost server down... Contacted to frantech and Steve told that they are aware and busy fixing this. @Francisco

• @Tumbleguy1 said:
    Lu,roost server down... Contacted to frantech and Steve told that they are aware and busy fixing this. @Francisco

yup mark told me same

EVERYTHING IS MUCH BETTER THAN IT WAS 1 YEAR AGO

• Not all Luxembourg servers are accessible?

• AmplificatorAmplificator Member
    edited August 2019

Guys, the end is nigh, right? Guys??

• NdhaNdha Member

@techturch said:
    Not all Luxembourg servers are accessible?

I think, all LUX node..

• We're heading towards the 6 hour mark on the slices and no sign of Fran. Looking forward to the RFO

• A full day of downtime of my vm slice with @francisco ... A bad first experience for me :(

• So not only LU shared is down but also LU slices?

"Linux will run happily with only 4 MB of RAM, including all of the bells and whistles such as the X Window System, Emacs, and so on." (M. Welsh & L. Kaufman, Running Linux, 2e, 1996, p. 32)

• NdhaNdha Member

@angstrom said:
    So not only LU shared is down but also LU slices?

Yes, had 4 Lux slices in different nodes..
    But it seems already up..

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Provider

I'm still debugging what happened, but i'm assuming it's some bug in the MX204 firmware?

I recently cut LU over to a new router and it just...stopped forwarding TCP traffic. ICMP was fine, but TCP just fell flat on its face.

Since ICMP didn't fail it wasn't setting off alerts enough.

Sorry, entirely on me for not having even more alerts.

Francisco

BuyVM - Free DirectAdmin, Softaculous, & Blesta! / Anycast Support! / Windows 2008, 2012, & 2016! / Unmetered Bandwidth!
    BuyShared - Shared & Reseller Hosting / cPanel + Softaculous + CloudLinux / Pure SSD! / Free Dedicated IP Address
  • @Francisco
    Two months free for all clients :D

• LeeLee Member

Deadpool.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Provider
    edited August 2019

@Francisco said:
    I'm still debugging what happened, but i'm assuming it's some bug in the MX204 firmware?

I recently cut LU over to a new router and it just...stopped forwarding TCP traffic. ICMP was fine, but TCP just fell flat on its face.

Since ICMP didn't fail it wasn't setting off alerts enough.

Sorry, entirely on me for not having even more alerts.

Francisco

>

Never heard of such a bug and we run a ton of these? What code are you running in it? What did JTAC say? For own professional betterment will be interested to know a PR number as well so if there’s an issue with this it can be fixed before it happens, if that really is a code issue, that is?

Clouvider Limited - Leading Hosting Provider & Connectivity Partner || Dedicated Server Sale - Our Latest LET Offer

Cloud Web Hosting | SSD & SAS HA OnApp VPS | UK, NL & DE Dedicated Servers | Network Services | Colocation | Managed Services

@quickuse said:
    @Francisco
    Two months free for all clients :D

You can ticket and Karen will kick you a week of SLA.

Francisco

BuyVM - Free DirectAdmin, Softaculous, & Blesta! / Anycast Support! / Windows 2008, 2012, & 2016! / Unmetered Bandwidth!
    BuyShared - Shared & Reseller Hosting / cPanel + Softaculous + CloudLinux / Pure SSD! / Free Dedicated IP Address
  • I have a VPS in Lux, it's up right now.

Clouvider said: Never heard of such a bug and we run a ton of these? What code are you running in it? What did JTAC say? For own professional betterment will be interested to know a PR number as well so if there’s an issue with this it can be fixed before it happens, if that really is a code issue, that is?

By the time I woke up things were out for a long time so I simply sent it for a reboot to get things going again. I've not opened a case on it, but will look into doing so.

We're running "17.4R2.4" on it. I want to upgrade to 18.x for SFLOW and such, but haven't done it yet.

Francisco

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Provider
    edited August 2019

@Francisco said:

Clouvider said: Never heard of such a bug and we run a ton of these? What code are you running in it? What did JTAC say? For own professional betterment will be interested to know a PR number as well so if there’s an issue with this it can be fixed before it happens, if that really is a code issue, that is?

By the time I woke up things were out for a long time so I simply sent it for a reboot to get things going again. I've not opened a case on it, but will look into doing so.

We're running "17.4R2.4" on it. I want to upgrade to 18.x for SFLOW and such, but haven't done it yet.

Francisco

Do you happen to have long firewall chains, say in terms of prefixes or rules ? 204 has a significantly more limitations in that respect, compared with say MPC3/7 on 480. It’s possible that part of the chain wasn’t implemented resulting in what ended up to be a partial ACL that resulted in not allowing some traffic in rules further down the chain. If so, I have a PR for this somewhere, I know our usual ACL caused it some issues, simplifying the firewall and reducing the number of prefixes in the terms fixes it.

Clouvider Limited - Leading Hosting Provider & Connectivity Partner || Dedicated Server Sale - Our Latest LET Offer

Cloud Web Hosting | SSD & SAS HA OnApp VPS | UK, NL & DE Dedicated Servers | Network Services | Colocation | Managed Services

Clouvider said: Do you happen to have long firewall chains, say in terms of prefixes or rules ? 204 has a significantly more limitations in that respect, compared with say MPC3/7 on 480. It’s possible that part of the chain wasn’t implemented resulting in what ended up to be a partial ACL that resulted in not allowing some traffic in rules further down the chain. If so, I have a PR for this somewhere, I know our usual ACL caused it some issues, simplifying the firewall and reducing the number of prefixes in the terms fixes it.

Our management ACL is only like 6 TERMs long, very basic port/srcip/proto combos, nothing fancy at all.

I'm keeping an eye on it, but it was really odd. Packets over 300 MTU would fail too.

Francisco

• uptimeuptime Member
    edited August 2019

Something something MTU set to 500 instead of 1500 ...?

EDIT2:

@Francisco said:
    Packets over 300 MTU would fail too.

aha, missed that - nevermind ...

the Amitz.party lives on!

• Looks like it's back online now. Shouldn't be a problem anymore.

Shadow Hosting - Affordable Web, VPS & Gameserver hosting provider.

@Manal said:
    Looks like it's back online now. Shouldn't be a problem anymore.

You wont get your Provider tag if you keep spamming with useless comments.

Thanked by 1AnthonySmith
  • MikePT said: You wont get your Provider tag if you keep spamming with useless comments.

I was curious when he started at Frantech. He seems to know more then the rest of us, so I figured he worked there.

Thanked by 2MikePT SmallWeb

• 🐐

Thanked by 1uptime

grape