Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why is this so cheap
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Why is this so cheap

BucleBucle Member
edited August 2019 in General

I was looking for a vps and i found this randomly in the forum. But i cant believe this is so cheap in anual terms. Is this legit, anyone can confirm this?

https://imgur.com/a/DLqTZoH

this is on Final Hosting (finalhosting.nl) 2gb ram vps

of course i didnt make any payment yet. I wanna know if this is real, an error or something

Comments

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited August 2019

Well, for some VPS's I got I pay 2$ a year with IPv4.
    6€/y is nothing special in Lowend, but its rare.

Thanked by 1cybertech
  • Yes, but is common on 128- 256 mb vps, but 2 gb?

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider
    edited August 2019

@Bucle said:
    Yes, but is common on 128- 256 mb vps, but 2 gb?

Seems like an error. Contact them.

• @MikeA said:

@Bucle said:
    Yes, but is common on 128- 256 mb vps, but 2 gb?

Seems like an error. Contact them.

Thanks. I already sent a ticket. Hope they can fix this asap

• jordynegen11jordynegen11 Member
    edited August 2019

Hi, @Bucle

Thanks for your tip. As you can see here it's a monthly discount. Our system made a mistake with this.

If someone choosed for yearly they have been switched back to monthly. If you don't like htat, you can also request a refund today.

• I don't think he bought it yet

• Damn almost bought 10

• MillenniunnsMillenniunns Member
    edited August 2019

lol seems an error, should be monthly maybe?

• If it's too be good to be true. It probably is

• reliablevps_usreliablevps_us Member, Patron Provider

Looks like a mistake for sure.

• infoinfo Member

I saw already €6/m price on their post that day and I didn't like it.(it has no ipv6 for example) but I would buy it if It was €6/y price with that specs haha :smiley:

• @info said:
    I saw already €6/m price on their post that day and I didn't like it.(it has no ipv6 for example) but I would buy it if It was €6/y price with that specs haha :smiley:

They didn't respect the price that appeared in the system (6 eur / year), they quickly changed my payment cycle. So I canceled the service and asked for my money back.

• The host should have made a exception with this mistake since it did not effect hundreds of users.

• @sayem314 said:
    The host should have made a exception with this mistake since it did not effect hundreds of users.

as this was posted here for a week. I serious doubt it.

• @Bucle said:

@info said:

They didn't respect the price that appeared in the system (6 eur / year), they quickly changed my payment cycle. So I canceled the service and asked for my money back.

You're a dick for expecting such a mistake to hold true, especially since you doubted the offer yourself.

The host is a dick for doing this without informing you.

Thanked by 2sayem314 Ouji
  • jordynegen11jordynegen11 Member
    edited August 2019

This promocode was only advertised on LET and the rules where very clear. Montly billing only.

However people could abuse an error, so the promo code also worked for annual billing.

Everybody who did this we've set back to montly billing or offered a full refund. We covered this kind of sutations in our terms also.

Don't know how can be dicks because of that. @teamacc

• @jordynegen11 said:
    This promocode was only advertised on LET and the rules where very clear. Montly billing only.

However people could abuse an error, so the promo code also worked for annual billing.

Everybody who did this we've set back to montly billing or offered a full refund. We covered this kind of sutations in our terms also.

Did you email the clients that you set back on their billing terms? If not, dick move and you should probably change that approach going forward.

• @teamacc said:

@jordynegen11 said:

Did you email the clients that you set back on their billing terms? If not, dick move and you should probably change that approach going forward.

bro stop

• infoinfo Member

@Bucle but their offer was written as €6/m on LET here. you probably respected that €6/m price offer while clicking that link which forwards you to buy that offer. the system error on their page includes some another deal which isn't written on here. @jordynegen11 did correctly to offer you full refund. of course otherwise that would be better for you if host gave you that box for €6/y price. :smiley: