Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Question about colocrossing colocation
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Question about colocrossing colocation

Hello,

I am looking into colocrossing's colocation service, and the uplink is listed as 1gbps but it also says transfer speed is 10mbps. Does this mean that if I was downloading FROM the network, i would be downloading at 1gbps but if I was downloading TO the network it would be 10mbps?

Thank you

Comments

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

Probably 95th%, so you can use 10Mbps average on the port or else you pay overage.

• Usually when you contract 1gbps line with 10mbps, it means that the maximum speed you can get is 1gbps, but if the 95percentil bandwidth go over 10mbis, you are charged extra. This is common on South Korea but never knew americans also does this. You might want to contact support to make sure though

Thanked by 2uptime hanoi
  • @sanvit said:
    Usually when you contract 1gbps line with 10mbps, it means that the maximum speed you can get is 1gbps, but if the 95percentil bandwidth go over 10mbis, you are charged extra. This is common on South Korea but never knew americans also does this. You might want to contact support to make sure though

Ask around a lot and I mean almost all colo services here do it as well. I don't mean like Dacentec or Quadranet, I mean the big boys that do direct routing. I do not know if Colocrossing has this @Francisco might know.

My bit of advice to @loael123 is to stay the hell away from Colocrossing for hosting or colo if you can. Eventually something is going to go terribly terribly wrong in that business and you want no part of it all.

On the other hand you can go ahead and do what you want, I am not your daddy.

• @AuroraZ said:

@sanvit said:
    Usually when you contract 1gbps line with 10mbps, it means that the maximum speed you can get is 1gbps, but if the 95percentil bandwidth go over 10mbis, you are charged extra. This is common on South Korea but never knew americans also does this. You might want to contact support to make sure though

Ask around a lot and I mean almost all colo services here do it as well. I don't mean like Dacentec or Quadranet, I mean the big boys that do direct routing. I do not know if Colocrossing has this @Francisco might know.

My bit of advice to @loael123 is to stay the hell away from Colocrossing for hosting or colo if you can. Eventually something is going to go terribly terribly wrong in that business and you want no part of it all.

I’ve been looking into dacentec as well, but I can’t find many recent reviews, and those aren’t for colocation. Would you say they’re a trustworthy company?

• @loael123 said:

@AuroraZ said:

@sanvit said:

I’ve been looking into dacentec as well, but I can’t find many recent reviews, and those aren’t for colocation. Would you say they’re a trustworthy company?

Psychz and QN both seems pretty decent

• @loael123 said:

@AuroraZ said:

@sanvit said:

I colo a box with them and have had no problems with them. Support is good and the network is fine for me.

They do have colo that starts at $40 a month.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@sanvit said:

@loael123 said:

@AuroraZ said:

@sanvit said:

There was something about frequent power issues st one of them

• @Clouvider said:

@sanvit said:

@loael123 said:

@AuroraZ said:

@sanvit said:

There was something about frequent power issues st one of them

Psychz LA

Thanked by 2Clouvider ITLabs
  • PureVoltagePureVoltage Member, Patron Provider

What location are you looking for?
    Also 10Mbps is trash, no providers should be doing anything less than 100Mbps that's the lowest we start colocation plans at which would be 100Mbps on 1Gbps.

Also be sure to ask about remote hands for reboots and hotswaps etc, some companies charge for these and others offer it free.

• Might want to avoid psych la due to the staff there being inconpitent with the power setup however from what ive heard their dalas/Ashburn locations are good

• @PureVoltage said:
    What location are you looking for?
    Also 10Mbps is trash, no providers should be doing anything less than 100Mbps that's the lowest we start colocation plans at which would be 100Mbps on 1Gbps.

Also be sure to ask about remote hands for reboots and hotswaps etc, some companies charge for these and others offer it free.

I am looking for US east coast, preferably NY/NJ

• SwiftnodeSwiftnode Member, Host Rep

@james50a said:
    Might want to avoid psych la due to the staff there being inconpitent with the power setup however from what ive heard their dalas/Ashburn locations are good

Only a small subset of their LA location has been effected by those power/hvac issues.

• PureVoltagePureVoltage Member, Patron Provider

@loael123 said:

I am looking for US east coast, preferably NY/NJ

Let us know how we could help you :)