Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LetKVM | Free KVM VPS | France Location - Page 6
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

LetKVM | Free KVM VPS | France Location

Comments

• @edoarudo5 said:

@stefeman said:

@edoarudo5 said:

@stefeman said:
    Was wondering the same thing.. not that I'm unreliable but its your student's thesis man.. I would never trust a free VPS that much no matter who offers it. Only when you pay, you get a mental peace of everything being 110% sure and working.

There are plenty of reputable providers willing to cut a deal with you when it comes to education. But if you are truely desperate, I can deploy one for you.

I did provide the cheapest shared web hosting I could avail for some of them. A VPS would provide them a more flexible environment. They never handled one so they'll also learn from it. I'm not desperate, I don't need it. They do. I just see an opportunity here. It's free and I could avail it to help them so I thought I'd try.

Deployed.

Hello friend,

Thank you very much. This is a big help, any way to credit you? Like a website or e-mail to say thanks to. Won't be able to use it right away but I should be able to set it up for my students once I finish all the school work I have right now.

No need. Just make them work twice as hard :P

• Nice to see some kids get help with their school ☺️

• Wow, kudos to you mate. It's 2k19 and people like you still exist.

This restores my faith in humanity

• wow

• @edoarudo5 said:
    Not when you're from a 3rd world country. I teach for a local state u but other students come to me from poorer schools for help. Not all of them can afford hosting. Funnily enough, yes, even the uni where I teach from can't do that. They used to host their website for free on x10hosting for free and the load time is 16s. I did bring it up to the dean at the time and now it seems like they moved to a cheap shared hosting. Load time is now at ~6s.

Can you please tell us, which country you're talking about? And maybe the name of the uni?
    Of course I understand if you don't want to and that's ok. I just want to learn more about this world and differencies between countries.

• edoarudo5edoarudo5 Member
    edited August 2019

@MGarbis said:

@edoarudo5 said:
    Not when you're from a 3rd world country. I teach for a local state u but other students come to me from poorer schools for help. Not all of them can afford hosting. Funnily enough, yes, even the uni where I teach from can't do that. They used to host their website for free on x10hosting for free and the load time is 16s. I did bring it up to the dean at the time and now it seems like they moved to a cheap shared hosting. Load time is now at ~6s.

Can you please tell us, which country you're talking about? And maybe the name of the uni?
    Of course I understand if you don't want to and that's ok. I just want to learn more about this world and differencies between countries.

Philippines. Uni where I teach (http://antiquespride.edu.ph) University of Antique, school where most students who ask help from me (http://advancecentralcollege.edu.ph), there are other schools too which has no website. About 80% of the students are from below middle class, more on the other school. Some cities here like Manila or Cebu may appear to be at least "rich." Fact of the matter is, in most of the provinces, a lot are living below the poverty line. BTW, the uni where I teach from, the government subsidizes the students' education so they go there for free. Most people from middle and higher classes get their kids to private schools, there is only one in my community where I'm in (http://sac.edu.ph) which includes college education.

EDIT: Just adding a fun fact. There are a lot of beautiful girls here. :wink: Miss World 2013's mother is actually from a town called Pandan in my province.

• kkrajkkkrajk Member
    edited August 2019

edoarudo5 said: There are a lot of beautiful girls here. :wink:

And now @cociu might decide to sponsor the entire province :smile:

Thanked by 1tux
  • @edoarudo5 said:

@MGarbis said:

@edoarudo5 said:

Philippines. Uni where I teach (http://antiquespride.edu.ph) University of Antique, school where most students who ask help from me (http://advancecentralcollege.edu.ph), there are other schools too which has no website. About 80% of the students are from below middle class, more on the other school. Some cities here like Manila or Cebu may appear to be at least "rich." Fact of the matter is, in most of the provinces, a lot are living below the poverty line. BTW, the uni where I teach from, the government subsidizes the students' education so they go there for free. Most people from middle and higher classes get their kids to private schools, there is only one in my community where I'm in (http://sac.edu.ph) which includes college education.

EDIT: Just adding a fun fact. There are a lot of beautiful girls here. :wink: Miss World 2013's mother is actually from a town called Pandan in my province.

Thank You for this. It's great to know how 'things' are done in different places. Histories were interesting to read. When people are doing good things and helping each other, it can go big fast. Your histories prove that right again.

• stefemanstefeman Member
    edited August 2019

Will Deploy more tonight.

If you wish to have Windows Server 2012 R2 instead of a linux distribution, tell it in your request as I will have to deploy your VPS differently. You can use the following KMS Key when installing via console: W3GGN-FT8W3-Y4M27-J84CP-Q3VJ9 (Not a secret, no need to remove).

• If your machine is unused/shutdown for weeks, I will contact you whetever its still used or not. If you do not respond to my forum PM in a week after receiving it, and the machine is still shut down/unused, I will give the slot to someone else.

right now there are 7 machines in poweroff mode. I don't care about it yet, but after a week I will start sending messages to those that do not even start their VPS, let alone log into the panel.

• Sending forum PMs to those with servers shut down today.

• This is interesting,and the unused guys are more interesting,why do this?

• i would like to have one , will use for word press if allowed otherwise Nextcloud

• If offer still stands would love one to use for a wiregurad system

• try it

• Any stock available?
    I'll use server for improving my skills in LXC and configuration management tools like Puppet and Ansible.

• I would like one if it is available. Thinking of automating some tasks like firewall, fail2ban, nginx etc. so this will help me in testing bash scripts.

• I'd like a wordpress blog,and study docker deploy!

THANKS!

• Thank stefeman by doing something beautiful like this.
    I just wonder how to check post count? xD

• kainjinez said: I just wonder how to check post count? xD

https://www.lowendtalk.com/profile/comments/kainjinez

one might imagine some attention paid to post quality as well

• vyas11vyas11 Member
    edited September 2019

I would like to set up and toy around with nextcloud with my instance if still available. Thanks

• stefemanstefeman Member
    edited September 2019

Might have some slots on weekened.

2 or 3 total.

After that I check week by week basis.

• @uptime said:

kainjinez said: I just wonder how to check post count? xD

https://www.lowendtalk.com/profile/comments/kainjinez

one might imagine some attention paid to post quality as well

Yea thanks. Finally can count but by hand, but good , reviewer like OP can easily check if that user spam or not :blush:

Thanked by 1uptime
  • woo~~this`s great

• FloydStanFloydStan Member
    edited September 2019

Really want it..but seems below 50 posts...
    Want to have one for my website.

• If still have slot, I would like one for personal testing of various linux software debugging. Thanks~

• If there's a slot open, I'd like to run a Rocket.Chat server on it. Thank you! :D

• Great! I'll use it for a VOIP server

• thanks your for the offer, can i use it for vpn?

• @malikshi said:
    thanks your for the offer, can i use it for vpn?

stefeman said: No TOR, Torrent, VPN's, email servers or any other ilegal stuff.

You should read more.

Thanked by 1ITLabs