Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LetKVM | Free KVM VPS | France Location - Page 5
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

LetKVM | Free KVM VPS | France Location

Comments

• @farsighter said:
    I'll use it to improve my skills in LXC and configuration management tools like Puppet and Ansible.

Not active enough. you have 4 posts after march.

• @rahulks said:

stefeman said: You just got VPS from NanoKVM project, so rejected =P

Yes, that's true.But i planned to add the VPS from NanoKVM project as a remote salve in Open Game Panel due to the NAT IPv4 and planned to setup the main part of Open Game Panel on the one from your's for the users to access the game panel via browser.

I intentionally posted on both the thread as the CPU Core is Shared in both the cases.I just wanted to share the load as mentioned above.

Could you please reconsider your decision?

Deployed

• stefemanstefeman Member
    edited August 2019

@Ouji said:

slimbro said: im so sad i only have 10 post hahaha

You could try to contribute more to the forums

Deployed cause of Hatsune Miku.

Thanked by 1Ouji
  • I want to use it to develop an RPC controlled GUI for elisp, and practice CS50 lessons on it in other languages besides python, C, etc. All posted to Github of course.

• @info said:
    i would like to request one to use it mainly for testing purposes (PHP, python etc), for making bot or services' monitoring. I want to learn docker in it too.

Deployed

• @vishalpatelz said:
    I am a student, I will use it for deploying small nodejs apps to study and cover deep understanding of node

Deployed

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire
    edited August 2019

When I want one to deploy / use it on something that is potentially useful, I am more or less transparent and not even a fuck given by the OP.

Fine. That's how the world works. I should be selfish and don't give a fuck too. Better spend those time spending on things that are more useful. Thanks for waking me up.

Edit: Ya I might be PMS or something but whatever I don't care.

• @FAT32 said:
    When I want one to deploy / use it on something that is potentially useful, I am more or less transparent and not even a fuck given by the OP.

Fine. That's how the world works. I should be selfish and don't give a fuck too. Better spend those time spending on things that are more useful. Thanks for waking me up.

Edit: Ya I might be PMS or something but whatever I don't care.

I must have missed your post. give me a second.

• Ah its in between the memes, no wonder I passed by it xD

edited August 2019

@stefeman said:

No worries, I am just quite stressed recently and randomly shit on your post.

But, I don't really have anyone to talk to because it is hard for me to trust people on the Internet (the same in real-life too, actually).

No one understand me and all I can do is just hide it somewhere from my memory. Therefore one way I can do is just release it somewhere that doesn't even seems to be related.

Edit: I am actually quite jealous of people who have friends that they can trust and talk to. I am on the other hand the listener and give advices in life. However, when it comes to my own problem, there's nothing much I can do.

Thanked by 3uptime info bugrakoc
  • @FAT32 said:

@Neoon said:
    We need a LET bot, that pre validates, the requests.
    Less work.

@stefeman I need a server to run a LET bot

Deployed

@stefeman said:
    Deployed

Thanks and sorry for shitting on your post. I don't think I deserve it and I doubt I will be using it.

I think I might need to calm myself or get a beer or something.

• BBTNBBTN Member

I'd love to try out an french endpoint for my OpenMPTCProuter-based connection. :smile:

• OujiOuji Member

stefeman said: Deployed cause of Hatsune Miku.

Respect, sir.

• edoarudo5edoarudo5 Member
    edited August 2019

I'd like to request one to host my students' systems (they made their own web apps using bootstrap) for their thesis presentation.

• edoarudo5 said: I'd like to request one to host my students' systems (they made their own web apps using bootstrap) for their thesis presentation.

And of course, the IT department from your university can't do that.

• stefemanstefeman Member
    edited August 2019

Was wondering the same thing.. not that I'm unreliable but its your student's thesis man.. I would never trust a free VPS that much no matter who offers it. Only when you pay, you get a mental peace of everything being 110% sure and working.

There are plenty of reputable providers willing to cut a deal with you when it comes to education. But if you are truely desperate, I can deploy one for you.

• @stefeman said:

@farsighter said:
    I'll use it to improve my skills in LXC and configuration management tools like Puppet and Ansible.

Not active enough. you have 4 posts after march.

I had exams we all have life you know... not sure what being less active reflect on VPS qualification (given I could quickly make 10 silly comments and qualify) but I hope a higher quality person than me has won your gift

edited August 2019

@ben47955 said:

edoarudo5 said: I'd like to request one to host my students' systems (they made their own web apps using bootstrap) for their thesis presentation.

And of course, the IT department from your university can't do that.

Not when you're from a 3rd world country. I teach for a local state u but other students come to me from poorer schools for help. Not all of them can afford hosting. Funnily enough, yes, even the uni where I teach from can't do that. They used to host their website for free on x10hosting for free and the load time is 16s. I did bring it up to the dean at the time and now it seems like they moved to a cheap shared hosting. Load time is now at ~6s.

edited August 2019

@stefeman said:
    Was wondering the same thing.. not that I'm unreliable but its your student's thesis man.. I would never trust a free VPS that much no matter who offers it. Only when you pay, you get a mental peace of everything being 110% sure and working.

There are plenty of reputable providers willing to cut a deal with you when it comes to education. But if you are truely desperate, I can deploy one for you.

I did provide the cheapest shared web hosting I could avail for some of them. A VPS would provide them a more flexible environment. They never handled one so they'll also learn from it. I'm not desperate, I don't need it. They do. I just see an opportunity here. It's free and I could avail it to help them so I thought I'd try.

Thanked by 3kkrajk stefeman ITLabs
  • cybertechcybertech Member
    edited August 2019

@FAT32 said:

@stefeman said:

No worries, I am just quite stressed recently and randomly shit on your post.

But, I don't really have anyone to talk to because it is hard for me to trust people on the Internet (the same in real-life too, actually).

No one understand me and all I can do is just hide it somewhere from my memory. Therefore one way I can do is just release it somewhere that doesn't even seems to be related.

Edit: I am actually quite jealous of people who have friends that they can trust and talk to. I am on the other hand the listener and give advices in life. However, when it comes to my own problem, there's nothing much I can do.

that makes us 2 mate. best and only friend is keyboard.

that came out weird but its an awkward friend request.

and the VPS is superior potassium for lots of testing

• @stefeman said:
    Hey,

This is me giving something back to the community. (And copying @Neoon 's template)

https://panel.letkvm.com/

Specifications of the KVM's
    - 1x Core (Shared)
    - 2048MB Memory
    - 100GB HDD (RAID 10)
    - 100Mbit Port, unmetered (FairUse)
    - 1x IPv4
    - Control Panel to manage the VPS and Install an OS of your choice.

The Requirements to get one
    - Existing account since 3 months, here on Lowendtalk
    - Active account (you need to have a decent amount of recent posts)
    - You need to have 50 posts before you apply

Play nice! zero abuse tolerance.
    No TOR, Torrent, VPN's, email servers or any other ilegal stuff.
    If I take notice, that a VM's gets abused, the VM will be terminated.

How to get one
    - Place an Request on this thread and post an explanation, what you wanna do with it.
    At least 1 sentence

• If the Request is accepted, you get your VPS Control Panel details via forum PM

Things you should know:
    - The Service is provided with no SLA, but I try out best to keep everything running smoothly.
    - Support will be provided over LET PM if needed.
    - No Backups are done on our side, You are responsible for taking backups of your data.
    - There is no term guarantee.

On which Hardware is this running?

CPU: Intel(R) Xeon(TM) Intel Xeon E5-1650v3 @ 3.5GHz
    Memory: 64GB DDR4 ECC
    HDD: 4x 2TB HDD (Raid 10)
    Traffic: Unlimited @ 1000Mbit(*)

Blocked Ports?
    Email => 25, 587, 465, 110 and 995

Do you take donations?
    NO! I suggest you take that to NanoKVM Project

Thread approved by staff.

Thank you so much for the offer.
    Hii need a box to host our upcoming webhosting blog.

• Hey, you missed me too :)

@sanvit said:

@willie said:

stefeman said: If I deploy one for you, it should be used more than one or two days =P I hate manual work so after I have deployed it, I will not delete it unless theres abuse. Please don't idle it if you ask for one xD

Well I could just reinstall the OS and turn it over to someone else, there's no need I can see to actually delete the VM. But yeah, if I held onto it, it would end up as another idler, so I'd rather you give it to someone who will actually use it. I have enough servers already. Thanks very much for offering it though.

If this is the case, can I take over @willie's VM after he's done with it (if you get one for him)? I'd like to learn using docker and shell scripts, as well as testing open source softwares. Thanks :)

@willie said:

sanvit said: If this is the case, can I take over @willie's VM after he's done with it (if you get one for him)?

I'm ok without it, feel free to give it to sanvit directly ;).

• @edoarudo5 said:

@stefeman said:

I did provide the cheapest shared web hosting I could avail for some of them. A VPS would provide them a more flexible environment. They never handled one so they'll also learn from it. I'm not desperate, I don't need it. They do. I just see an opportunity here. It's free and I could avail it to help them so I thought I'd try.

Very well, I'd like to help. I'll deploy 2 for you.

They can choose between various linux distros, and theres easy re-install on the panel so they can take turns using them or have one as prod and one as dev server or do whatever you shall use them for.

It will be ready in 8 hours or so as I get home.

Thanked by 4uptime kkrajk ITLabs Ouji
  • I would like to test my joomla website with this server. Thank you!

• hi can i get 1? i need it to teach my brother how to build wordpress on vps. Thank you.

• Usage

Laravel app development

VPN server

And may be a personal git server :smile:

• @edoarudo5 said:

@stefeman said:

Deployed.

Thanked by 1edoarudo5
  • BBTNBBTN Member

@stefeman said:
    Deployed.

Is my application worthy? (:

• @stefeman said:

@edoarudo5 said:

@stefeman said:

Deployed.

Hello friend,

Thank you very much. This is a big help, any way to credit you? Like a website or e-mail to say thanks to. Won't be able to use it right away but I should be able to set it up for my students once I finish all the school work I have right now.

Thanked by 2ITLabs kkrajk