Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dedicated server request - 16GB ram, i5/i7 CPU, 2TB/mo @ 100Mbps bandwidth
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Dedicated server request - 16GB ram, i5/i7 CPU, 2TB/mo @ 100Mbps bandwidth

danielhmdanielhm Member
edited July 2019 in Requests

Currently using KS10 from Kimsufi, which is:

• Intel i5-2300
  • 16GB DDR3 1333 MHz
  • 100 Mbps
  • 1 public IP
  • 100GB disk space (comes with 2TB but don't need it, would rather have a much smaller SSD than this huge wasted HDD)
  • Europe (France preferred)

Currently paying ~16 EUR/month incl. VAT (I got it on the flash sale which is gone now).

Just renewed but I want another one and I don't want to pay more for the 2nd one.

Can anyone beat it? Willing to commit to an annual contract if an initial trial of a month works well if that will lower the price. Will buy one 1 now, and another one next month in replacement of renewing this one (if all goes well).

(As anyone who knows OVH, support there is pretty much non-existent so you can trust I will not bother you.)

Comments

• What location do you need?

• danielhmdanielhm Member
    edited July 2019

Good point - EU (France preferred) - edited into OP

Thanked by 1MichaelCee
  • rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

I can rent you mine if you like - the same exact server, France too. But I would not go much lower than the price you named, maybe just a bit. And if you're okay with private (non-provider) offers in the first place. Personally I've rented out servers to people in the past, and it all went well.

• @rm_ said:
    I can rent you mine if you like - the same exact server, France too. But I would not go much lower than the price you named, maybe just a bit. And if you're okay with private (non-provider) offers in the first place. Personally I've rented out servers to people in the past, and it all went well.

Hadn't considered it before - what's your incentive to go lower that what you're already paying Kimsufi vs. just cancelling it? I don't quite get that.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

danielhm said: go lower that what you're already paying Kimsufi

Mine is from an older sale where it was offered for cheaper. Also I am VAT-exempt with OVH. So at say 15 EUR there is still room for a tiny profit, not a loss. But the main thing is not to cancel a great deal (while not paying for it to mostly idle).

• Hi,
    we have not that much RAM, but maybe its OK for you:
    https://xsserver.gmbh/rootserver/serverboerse_sbl
    Just 13,99 Euro monthly

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited August 2019

@XSServer said:
    Hi,
    we have not that much RAM, but maybe its OK for you:
    https://xsserver.gmbh/rootserver/serverboerse_sbl
    Just 13,99 Euro monthly

Thats very bad performance for that price.
    Even worse what he has right now.

OneProvider had i5 in Italia for 15 but its increased to 19 right now.
    You could wait until it drops again.