Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Jetbackup delete backup files
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Jetbackup delete backup files

Recently i added more backup destination, let say server1 (old) and server 2(new)

I'm already add backup job to new server 2 but i want to wipe all the backup at server1 (so user can't view old backup file at server1) and only use backup at server 2.

Is it possible to do that ?

Thank you

Comments

• Hi @logaritse,

We recommend deleting your old backups in server1 manually, remove the server1 destination on your JetBackup and run reindex on your JetBackup server to prevent your clients from viewing the old snapshots from server1.

here is the command to reindex:

jetcli backup -vfR reindex

for more information with regards to this command please visit:
    https://docs.jetbackup.com/manual/whm/CommandLineTools/reindex.html?highlight=reindex

Please don't hesitate to contact us at [email protected] or through our secure contact form here at https://www.jetapps.com/#contact if you require further assistance.

Thank you.

Thanked by 3logaritse Ympker uptime
  • Wow, jetbackup rep in here. Welcome

Thanked by 1JetApps
  • MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@JetApps said:
    Hi @logaritse,

We recommend deleting your old backups in server1 manually, remove the server1 destination on your JetBackup and run reindex on your JetBackup server to prevent your clients from viewing the old snapshots from server1.

here is the command to reindex:

jetcli backup -vfR reindex

for more information with regards to this command please visit:
    https://docs.jetbackup.com/manual/whm/CommandLineTools/reindex.html?highlight=reindex

Please don't hesitate to contact us at [email protected] or through our secure contact form here at https://www.jetapps.com/#contact if you require further assistance.

Thank you.

Just sent you a ticket. I see you guys released a new bare Linux version though the DA one ETA's is 6-9mo :(
    Cant you guys rush this? ❤️

• JamesFJamesF Member, Host Rep

Just set server 1 to hidden so clients can’t see it. Then delete / remove backups as needed.

• JamesFJamesF Member, Host Rep

@JetApps great to see you here! any chance of an update on the DirectAdmin plugin? I know on Facebook it says 6-9 months, but surely with the release of your Linux product you can modify it or give us a tweak.... :)

• @JetApps 6-9 months ETA is not serious... If of your team of professional developers need 6-9 to make integration with DA then maybe that guy spend couple of years hardly developing or is a stable genius to achieve faster the jetbackup 3 level of plugin for DA https://www.modmaster.pro/

And we do not need something fancy... reintroducing jetbackup 3 for DA will be sufficient (I still like it more than current version 4 )

Is this delay some part of an exclusive deal with cPanel to get the banner in the 82 version ? Cause it smells that way ...

P.S. I personally minimizing (as I'm still dependable) doing business with bullies and their partners

• LeeLee Veteran
    edited August 2019

coolice said: Is this delay some part of an exclusive deal with cPanel to get the banner in the 82 version ? Cause it smells that way ...

Or maybe, Direct Admin is just not as big a priority for them as you want it to be? 6-9 months does not necessarily mean development time, it could mean they are not going to allocate any real time to it for another 6 months. They could have other things on their roadmap.

From their site:

Just a follow up to update on our progress and roadmap ahead...

As you may have noted, "JetBackup for Linux" was just released. This will be used as a basic foundation for other control panel implementation.

Our next step will be to design the core & tools for "Control panel implementation" (any control panel), and right after we will push DirectAdmin official support.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • Mark Zuckerberg once says "I think a simple rule of business is, if you do the things that are easier first, then you can actually make a lot of progress". - https://www.inc.com/kevin-daum/26-inspiring-quotes-from-facebook-mogul-mark-zuckerberg.html (posted in Inc.con and multiple other sources)

Good strategy for JB will be (if there is not behind the curtain deals) adapt JB3 literally over weekend to work with DA and take people money for licenses then work how long you want to super mega fancy slow version 4 and introduce upgrade 6-9 -30 months

I like JB3 that much (and trust it to do the job) that if they reintroduce JB3 Extended Support I will use it and will install it on new servers... I like its simplicity and will pay for 3 the same amount as for 4 even it looks more basic (I do not use any of the features 4 got )

@experttechit said:
    Just set server 1 to hidden so clients can’t see it. Then delete / remove backups as needed.

We'd need to remove the files...? Doesn't it do rotation?

@coolice said:
    @JetApps 6-9 months ETA is not serious... If of your team of professional developers need 6-9 to make integration with DA then maybe that guy spend couple of years hardly developing or is a stable genius to achieve faster the jetbackup 3 level of plugin for DA https://www.modmaster.pro/

And we do not need something fancy... reintroducing jetbackup 3 for DA will be sufficient (I still like it more than current version 4 )

Is this delay some part of an exclusive deal with cPanel to get the banner in the 82 version ? Cause it smells that way ...

P.S. I personally minimizing (as I'm still dependable) doing business with bullies and their partners

Wasn't aware of that one, might give it a try today.

• @Lee said:

coolice said: Is this delay some part of an exclusive deal with cPanel to get the banner in the 82 version ? Cause it smells that way ...

Or maybe, Direct Admin is just not as big a priority for them as you want it to be? 6-9 months does not necessarily mean development time, it could mean they are not going to allocate any real time to it for another 6 months. They could have other things on their roadmap.

From their site:

Just a follow up to update on our progress and roadmap ahead...

As you may have noted, "JetBackup for Linux" was just released. This will be used as a basic foundation for other control panel implementation.

Our next step will be to design the core & tools for "Control panel implementation" (any control panel), and right after we will push DirectAdmin official support.

Makes sense. Also, since it is a backup tool, perhaps they intend to do some thorough testing before pushing it "live".

Thanked by 2Lee uptime