Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Feedback/reviews for Jolt.co.uk?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Feedback/reviews for Jolt.co.uk?

edited July 2019 in Providers

Hi all,

I was on the lookout for a cheap/small UK dedi when I found Jolt.co.uk - they seem to have a C2750 with 8 GB RAM and a 500 GB HDD for £20/mo - which is pricey compared to what we can get just over the border in France, but seems like a good solution for a client I have where we don't need much power.

Wondered if anyone has experience with them - I haven't heard much about them here at all.

Thanked by 1uptime

Comments

• First review on the review site they link to is shit (incidentally, despite using review sites and being in the UK I've never heard of it) https://www.reviewcentre.com/web_hosting_companies/joltcouk_-_wwwjoltcouk-review_13875800 .

• uptimeuptime Member

But who will review the reviewers ...?

• ITLabsITLabs Member

@uptime said:
    But who will review the reviewers ...?

Paige Thompson

Thanked by 1level6
  • I know I am digging up a old post but these guys have horrible support and do not offer refunds for 90% of their services. Steer clear if you want to have issues most of the time with little to no help from jolt support.

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

Are these the same guys who sold game servers like 15 years ago? If so I was a client of there's back in about 2003 ish with a soldier of fortune 2 game server. Them and a company named Barry's world.

Thanked by 1YellowHummingbird
  • @jbiloh said:
    Are these the same guys who sold game servers like 15 years ago? If so I was a client of there's back in about 2003 ish with a soldier of fortune 2 game server. Them and a company named Barry's world.

I went on archive.is and, looking at the archive from 2005, it seems like that was a "Jolt Online Gaming Ltd" of the same web address. But by 2014 the domain was just parked and showing ads - so I suspect this is a different Jolt (although I could be wrong)