Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

wishosting
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

wishosting

MPGMPG Member

Been lurking first time posting. :-) So Hi Everyone!

Kept seeing the name on here in the top 5 conversations 2018, etc. I will say their site looks ummm....well it's not the most visually pleasing and makes you ask if this is a good idea?

But so far, my first impression is the recommendations were right! I'm just playing around with different tech to learn, not building facebook. But my god the hosting fees are either insane or the lowend you get burn and I got burned by a couple off of here (you'll see the reviews). Looks like wish are active on here and have been around a bit. So I hope I'll get advance notice when they had enough.

But if the service and uptime are like my initial experience, then I am totally pleased!

Comments

• uptimeuptime Member

I think wishosting (along with VirMach) may be the Keyser Söze of LET, quietly running a large part of the low-end universe without anyone really noticing what they're up to.

I mean this in a good way, of course! :smiley:

• jamujajamuja Member

@uptime said:
    I think wishosting (along with VirMach) may be the Keyser Söze of LET, quietly running a large part of the low-end universe without anyone really noticing what they're up to.

I mean this in a good way, of course! :smiley:

True. I'm not sure why wishosting isn't being talked around here much more but it's hands down the best bang for the buck. I've been idling its server for more than a year and always happy with its performance. I can't even guess how he makes profit from such cheap product

Thanked by 1exception0x876
  • ITLabsITLabs Member
    edited July 2019

@MPG said:
    Been lurking first time posting. :-) So Hi Everyone!
    But if the service and uptime are like my initial experience, then I am totally pleased!

Hello @MPG welcome. Good to know you"re pleased with @uptime.

• D3n3yD3n3y Member
    edited July 2019

I've been using it for 1 year. Very good.
    I want more campaigns :wink:

• williewillie Member
    edited July 2019

MPG said: well it's not the most visually pleasing and makes you ask if this is a good idea?

It's a start! I agree it could be made even cleaner, like https://lite.cnn.io, but it takes a while to work up to that level of boldness and brilliance in web design.

Thanked by 1OhJohn
  • donlidonli Member

@willie said:

I agree it could be made even cleaner, like https://lite.cnn.io

Geez that's beautiful.

• uptimeuptime Member
    edited July 2019

willie said: It's a start! I agree it could be made even cleaner

lol, yup.

that "deal of the day" though ... had me idling a 12 GB ram KVM with I forget how many "unlimited CPU" cores for $6.99 a month for the longest time. (I actually used it to do some occasional number crunching but eventually moved that task over to a dedi closer to home.)

and how about those open nebula stealth resource pools ... holy guacamole - that was a happy wtf moment to discover.

I heard @exception0x876 actually loses some money on every unit sold - but he makes it up in volume ... (j/k, that's an NYC garment district joke.)

good stuff.

• Wishosting is superior potassium, I respect the way Michael handles tickets so professionally and helpfully and also manages to keep out of the drama.

Never had any issues with the actual service either, always been great performance and value. Will always be a "safe choice" for me.

• MPGMPG Member

This is all awesome, today is the day i buckle down and also found the DDOS provider awesome!! I'm reducing my costs by so much. For a hobby it was getting out of hand this at least makes it reasonable to. Thanks to you folks for posting and doing all this research am I able to find! Woohoo! ;-)

• Mr @exception0x876 is a excellent host! Not meaning this in a bad way but it was a really big surprise to get the quality of service I got. First looks can be very deceiving!

Support is great, usually get my reply within a day. But when I get my reply the job has been done, I don't get messed about like some other hosts.

I have a couple of servers they all have great uptime and I quite like the Open Nebula control panel. In my understanding he uses Blesta and Open Nebula to cut costs and passes it on to the customer.

Overall he is a awesome host and is not recognised enough for the great services. Keep it up @exception0x876

• Dude just gets it done, solid service. No need for shills, shit posting or upside down avatars when you provide a solid and unique service.

• i have one vps from 2017/07 no problems , not for production only for my test .

• uptimeuptime Member
    edited July 2019

@corbpie with the grape, lol ... speaking some truth here though.

If I put in a ticket for a proper shitpost from the man himself here in this thread ... I'm guessing it would get ultimately get handled via a custom Chef recipe or something like that.

I've put one or two upside-down and inside-out tickets in recently and they got figured out beyond any reasonable expectation. (Not proud ... just grateful.) :blush:

• do they have ddos protection? (wishosting)

• @ImportedPotato said:
    do they have ddos protection? (wishosting)

Could you have not just created a ticket and asked instead of necroing a 1 year old thread?

• duckeeyuckduckeeyuck Member
    edited November 2020

@exception0x876 whip it out and ill leave it dry

I love this service

• exception0x876exception0x876 Member, Host Rep, LIR

@ImportedPotato said:
    do they have ddos protection? (wishosting)

Some packages do have DDoS protection while others do not. Please open a support ticket for more detail.

Thanked by 1zelda101
  • I'm very pleased with wishhosting, I'm with them for over 4 years now! could only recommend it!