Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Torrent traffic being detected as ddos guess the provider
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Torrent traffic being detected as ddos guess the provider

Online.net starts sevi mitigation even if i paid for arbor everytime torrent traffic gets detected so incoming traffic gets disabled as sevi sucks . contacted support also that heatwave warning on the website makes me laugh and poker face myself .

Thanked by 1uptime

Comments

• estnocestnoc Member, Patron Provider

say wat? come again :smile:

• deankdeank Member, Troll

The end is nigh.

• failhostingsfailhostings Member
    edited July 2019

im serious im not joking aka making it up.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Thanked by 2uptime failhostings
  • ITLabsITLabs Member
    edited July 2019

TL;TR CALL 999

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

I don't see the problem, just open a ticket and tell them that you are torrenting, it will be np boss.

• PieHasBeenEatenPieHasBeenEaten Member, Host Rep

125k packets a sec and you dont see a problem. Word up

• uptimeuptime Member

also do be sure to LET them know you have a very important profile on the forum!

Thanked by 2ITLabs failhostings
  • JordJord Moderator, Host Rep

Did someone mention Hetzner?

• Why do you pay for DDOS protection for torrenting anyway ?

• uptimeuptime Member
    edited July 2019

Competetive torrenting can be cut-throat these days ... so a hard-torrenting man needs all the protection money can buy!

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

Nothing new, that AntiDDoS gets salty on torrents, somewhere you pass through a threshold and the AntiDDoS gets pissed, maybe even on purpose.

Maybe Online is tired by all these torrents recently.
    Instead of throttle users, they just get the AntiDDoS on you.

Never trust the french,

• @PieHasBeenEaten said:
    125k packets a sec and you dont see a problem. Word up

Well the server itself don't see those packets which is weird. > @Neoon said:

Nothing new, that AntiDDoS gets salty on torrents, somewhere you pass through a threshold and the AntiDDoS gets pissed, maybe even on purpose.

Maybe Online is tired by all these torrents recently.
    Instead of throttle users, they just get the AntiDDoS on you.

Never trust the french,

Yes online.net is sketchy as fuck but they are the only provider who offers acces to arbor peakflow portal on kinda cheap. So yeah maybe it's a bug as not even arbor got triggered but sevi module. > @uptime said:

Competetive torrenting can be cut-throat these days ... so a hard-torrenting man needs all the protection money can buy!

The app I'm hosting its p2p its not really a torenting client .

Thanked by 1uptime
  • williewillie Member

I don't see a heatwave warning (maybe gone now) but there's a nice low end summer offer: C2350 dedi with 4gb ram and 120gb ssd at 5 euro/m for 12 months, basically an alternative to KS1 with ssd and gbit network.

That is lame about treating p2p traffic as ddos with no way to stop blocking it. 120k pps doesn't seem unreasonably high for a dedi application on gigabit.

Thanked by 1failhostings
  • @failhostings said:
    Online.net starts sevi mitigation even if i paid for arbor everytime torrent traffic gets detected so incoming traffic gets disabled as sevi sucks . contacted support also that heatwave warning on the website makes me laugh and poker face myself .

Translation:

Online.net's DDOS Protection named Arbor has Sevi M6-NG hardware equipment which detects my incoming torrent traffic as an attack (Sevi sucks because of this).
    I contacted support (That didn't help).
    As a side note their website informational on the heatwave is a joke & makes me face-palm.

• failhostingsfailhostings Member
    edited July 2019

@Actavus said:

@failhostings said:

Translation:

Online.net's DDOS Protection named Arbor has Sevi M6-NG hardware equipment which detects my incoming torrent traffic as an attack (Sevi sucks because of this).
    As a side note their website informational on the heatwave is a joke & makes me face-palm.

Actually sevi isn't part of arbor, it's the free tier ddos protection but from my experience it means blackholing.
    The support didn't answered back yet to say that it didn't help.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited July 2019

@Actavus said:

@failhostings said:

Translation:

Online in a nutshell:

"Support is no longer an Option", Online starting to make fun of themself.

https://www.online.net/en/dedicated-server/ddos-arbor

Thanked by 1failhostings
  • @failhostings said:
    Actually sevi isn't part of arbor, it's the free tier ddos protection but from my experience it means blackholing.
    The support didn't answered back yet to say that it didn't help.

Yea. I only assumed Sevi was part of Arbor because of this page https://www.online.net/en/dedicated-server/ddos-arbor

Thanked by 1failhostings
  • deankdeank Member, Troll

I'd give a thumb up for being utterly honest to Offline.net.

Thanked by 2failhostings ITLabs
  • sinsin Member

@willie said:
    I don't see a heatwave warning (maybe gone now) but there's a nice low end summer offer: C2350 dedi with 4gb ram and 120gb ssd at 5 euro/m for 12 months, basically an alternative to KS1 with ssd and gbit network.

That is lame about treating p2p traffic as ddos with no way to stop blocking it. 120k pps doesn't seem unreasonably high for a dedi application on gigabit.

They sent out this e-mail about a heatwave and rising server temperatures or something the other day, I ended up deleting it so I don't remember everything that was in it but here's one of their heatwave incident reports: https://status.scaleway.com/incident/448

• People are most affected by the heat and usually go on vacations, so they could be understaffed.

Thanked by 1failhostings
  • MikeInMikeIn Member

Limit your torrent connections, maybe. For the time being

Thanked by 1failhostings
  • FHRFHR Member, Host Rep

125kpps is a LOT of packets. Can't fault them for detecting it as a DDOS.

Thanked by 1failhostings
  • uptimeuptime Member

@Janevski said:
    People are most affected by the heat and usually go on vacations, so they could be understaffed.

Alternatively, people can also be severely affected by the meats and often will wash them down with libations - so they could be overstuffed!

Thanked by 1ITLabs
  • @FHR said:
    125kpps is a LOT of packets. Can't fault them for detecting it as a DDOS.

This will be no problem for arbor if it would work because I paid extra for it but online.net nah brah sevi blackholing.

• Please close thread . They fixed the issue arbor is back in full power apparently it was a misconfiguration on the switch my neighbour was actually being attacked .