Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

VPS with Decent Network Speed in Hong Kong
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPS with Decent Network Speed in Hong Kong

I have been searching for a while, could not find any provider with 1gb port.

Ended up using google cloud with degraded network, speed-test reports VPS speed as:

90mb / download.
13mb / upload.

Specs required:

KVM.
2GB Ram.
50GB SSD.
2TB monthly bandwidth.

Comments

• mlcmlc Member
    edited July 2019

The network fee in Hong Kong is very expensive you need to pay a high fee for it. This vps with share port up to 1Gbps. :smile:

gigsgigscloud - CLOUDLET K (HK-Global)

bandwagonhost - 80G KVM (AFF) 4GB RAM 80GB SSD 1TB/Month

bandwagonhost - 160G KVM (AFF) 8GB RAM 160GB SSD 2TB/Month

greencloudvps - HK-3 (AFF) 4GB RAM 50GB SSD 1TB/Month

greencloudvps - HK-4 (AFF) 8GB RAM 100GB SSD 2TB/Month

• Thank you @mlc for your comment.

I'm wondering why there is huge difference in price between badwagonhost and the other two provider.

• Speed is really important to me, I really don't want to pay for a month then cancel on the first day :)

Which one have better network infrastructure?

• mlcmlc Member

Yeah the key factor should be the direct route to China I think. However, even a 1gbps port cannot be full use for a long time. @walidh93
    The bandwagonhost and gigsgigscloud are more reliable, but I only used their LA VPS.

Thanked by 1walidh93
  • Did you try greencloudvps? They offer 7 days money back. Should I give them a shot or it doesn't worth it? @mlc

• mlcmlc Member

@walidh93 said:
    Did you try greencloudvps? They offer 7 days money back. Should I give them a shot or it doesn't worth it? @mlc

You can take a look at the comments here. https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3003586

Thanked by 1walidh93
  • walidh93walidh93 Member
    edited July 2019

@mlc said:

@walidh93 said:
    Did you try greencloudvps? They offer 7 days money back. Should I give them a shot or it doesn't worth it? @mlc

You can take a look at the comments here. https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3003586

@mlc Thanks man, you saved my ass

• Just signed up with gigsgigscloud, got 500mbs up and down,

Which is far more better than google cloud's shit for way cheaper price.

• @mlc Do you think users from china will get the same speed connecting to my VPS?

• mlcmlc Member
    edited July 2019

@walidh93 said:
    @mlc Do you think users from china will get the same speed connecting to my VPS?

Umm, if you choose the 'CLOUDLET K (HK-Global)', those vps without any optimization to China, only a part of user will feel well about the delayed. But I'm not sure with the download speed. Generally speaking, connect to China's network needs special optimization and pay more fee.
    If you want a refund you need open a ticket and wait for several days, their financial work is slow.
    If you need some network test data from China you can touch my inbox. :wink: