Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Openlitespeed with DA
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Openlitespeed with DA

jokymicjokymic Member

hi can u please let me know openlitespeed supports multiple domains with DA @DA_mark
bcz i m currently using DA with openlitespeed but its not working should i have to purchase the lite speed license ? bcz before i was hosting 10 hostings in cyberpanl with openlitespeed it was working fine there now switched all servers to DA now most of them having a mysqld crashing issue

Comments

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

What error are you getting?

OpenLiteSpeed should work just fine with DA.

Francisco

• @Francisco said:

Francisco

@Francisco said:

Francisco

mysqld is crashing after a while while new installation of Wordpress not working its showing unable to establish a connection with database while installing from softolous and PHPMyAdmin not working

• What is your server specs and how many "multiple domains" are your saying?
    Maybe your server is under-spec'ed for what your doing and processes being killed

• akhfaakhfa Member

I tried DA with openlitespeed on 2 GB VPS without swap and without any installed site. The ram usage is about 1,3 GB at first, but the VPS become unresponsive after some hours later. After I checked, the memory was full.

Change to nginx after that, and all is fine

• @Actavus said:
    What is your server specs and how many "multiple domains" are your saying?
    Maybe your server is under-spec'ed for what your doing and processes being killed

32Gb
    E5-2620v3
    1Tb SSD

• @jokymic said:

@Actavus said:
    What is your server specs and how many "multiple domains" are your saying?

32Gb
    E5-2620v3
    1Tb SSD

its around 400-600

• @akhfa said:
    I tried DA with openlitespeed on 2 GB VPS without swap and without any installed site. The ram usage is about 1,3 GB at first, but the VPS become unresponsive after some hours later. After I checked, the memory was full.

Change to nginx after that, and all is fine

was able to install DA with ols+lsphp on buyvm slice 512mb ram/512swap. Worked with one site but can't take loader.io bash with media heavy content.

• akhfa said: I tried DA with openlitespeed on 2 GB VPS without swap and without any installed site. The ram usage is about 1,3 GB at first, but the VPS become unresponsive after some hours later. After I checked, the memory was full.

cybertech said: was able to install DA with ols+lsphp on buyvm slice 512mb ram/512swap. Worked with one site but can't take loader.io bash with media heavy content.

Couldn't resist asking:
    So you guys mean that OpenLiteSpeed requires a lot of RAM?

I'm looking to try it and had a feeling that it could be a feasible nginx alternative.
    Looked at the official system requirements, the page says Memory: 32MB and up

Also read this article and the author says he used OLS on a $5 DO droplet (1GB RAM) and it handled quite a lot of simultaneous connections with WordPress caching: https://wpspeedmatters.com/openlitespeed-vs-nginx-in-wordpress/

And I actually consider trying OLS on a 384MB Virmach VPS.

• cybertechcybertech Member
    edited August 2019

@DataRecovery I actually meant that DA + OLS does not require that much ram.

Loader.io does 10,000 requests in a minute so it requires some decent CPU+ram

OLS performs much better for me out of the box.

• Maybe I will try to instal it again to make sure about my ols issue

• trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

@Zerpy any thoughts on OpenLiteSpeed using more RAM than people are expecting?

• ThommatoThommato Member
    edited August 2019

I'm using OpenLiteSpeed on my DirectAdmin server now. I have been using Apache2 and NGINX as reverse proxy for a while but i discovered LiteSpeed is MUH faster with handeling WordPress installations.

OpenLiteSpeed works perfectly on my DirectAdmin installation, and YES with multiple websites/domains. Make sure to use lsPHP and rebuild the whole thing with CustomBuild just to be sure.

Got em at Frantech

I dont see a lot of difference in RAM between these 2 tho.

• @trewq said:
    @Zerpy any thoughts on OpenLiteSpeed using more RAM than people are expecting?

Depends on what people are expecting :) my OLS uses 5.5 megabytes for a few domains, and about 128 megabytes with roughly 700 domains. I wouldn't say that's a lot.

The web server itself will be rather minimal, however, it only really does static stuff, and things are then sent off to the lsphp processes, which is what will take memory.