Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Freelancer/Agency Hosting
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Freelancer/Agency Hosting

I was wondering, do freelancers/agency's offer web hosting or do they simply refer their client to other hosting providers?

Comments

• deankdeank Member, Troll

Both.

• I think the two options because the world is very big and diverse. If the professional is multiple person he can make the sites and host. If the professional only know to make sites them no host. I think if you host you be near to your client and you can see if he is happy or not. So host!

• joedemejoedeme Member
    edited July 2019

@Piroquinha said:
    I think the two options because the world is very big and diverse. If the professional is multiple person he can make the sites and host. If the professional only know to make sites them no host. I think if you host you be near to your client and you can see if he is happy or not. So host!

I understand where you're coming from, but clients tend to go with their own hosting providers. I think maybe offering care packages that offer support on managing their wordpress updates, revision etc, maybe a better solution?

Are their any reputable budget friendly scalable hosting?

• ITLabsITLabs Member

@joedeme said:
    Are their any reputable budget friendly scalable hosting?

BuyShared @Francisco for webhosting and reselling is a good fit for webdesigners, imho. And with free Blesta it would be easy to do client management and billing.

Thanked by 2Francisco SirFoxy
  • Mr_TomMr_Tom Member, Host Rep

Most agencies I deal with offer hosting but actually aren't very good at it - I'm talking in terms of knowing what goes on, backups, optimising, etc.

• both.

source: I used to work for a design agency. But the funny thing is, the service they ran was far better in terms of reliability when it compares to other players in the local market who were offering hosting solutions.