Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Question for those with Lifetime Directadmin Licenses
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Question for those with Lifetime Directadmin Licenses

How does the license show up on your dashboard?

Mine used to show as

NNNNNN - $299 Lifetime License

now it shows as

NNNNNN - $299 Owned License

Now, this is a big difference for me as I need to pay $99 per year for updates for the owned license. As a poor teacher from a 3rd world country, I could use those for server fees instead. I wouldn't mind paying if I was rich, it's just that I'm poor right now. Plus they did state something in their forum that they would honor their legacy licenses for their old clients like me.

@DA_Mark

Comments

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

open support ticket and they will be able to help

Thanked by 1edoarudo5
  • Sorry for the confusion. It's a change in name only. You will notice that the expiry date of your license remains unchanged. :smile:

Thanked by 1edoarudo5
  • AmitzAmitz Member

I wonder why my owned/lifetime license is only valid until 2038...

• @Amitz said:
    I wonder why my owned/lifetime license is only valid until 2038...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Year_2038_problem

Thanked by 1Amitz
  • AmitzAmitz Member
    edited July 2019

So, given that you and myself are still alive and kicking in 2038, it will auto-renew then?

• deankdeank Member, Troll

Come on, German, we are waiting for virtual apocalypse of Lowend hosts in September, a little over a month away and you are worried about an event 20 years later?

Thanked by 3Amitz uptime imok
  • @Amitz said:
    So, given that you and myself are still alive and kicking in 2038, it will auto-renew then?

Yes, it's just a technical limitation for now. From a business perspective it would of been better to hide the date and just display the word "lifetime" but our lead dev prefers the technical transparency. Which is the philosophy behind our software -- to make things easier, but not make you dumb & helpless. So if you see 2038 somewhere else, now you will know why. :)

• ITLabsITLabs Member
    edited July 2019

@Amitz said:

Only until 2060 EOW.

Thanked by 1Amitz
  • AmitzAmitz Member
    edited July 2019

I am 45 years old. It does not have to last much longer than 2038... :wink:

@deank said:
    Come on, German, we are waiting for virtual apocalypse of Lowend hosts in September, a little over a month away and you are worried about an event 20 years later?

Germans are always worried. And a bit sweaty. Additionally smart-alecky. That's part of our national identity.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • uptimeuptime Member

@deank said:

6752 days until the end of time as we know it!

Thanked by 3Amitz imok ITLabs
  • ITLabsITLabs Member

@Amitz said:
    I am 45 years old. It does not have to last much longer than 2038... :wink:

Well I'm 46 and I expect to live more 54 years... ofc I will be looking for lowenddiapers until then.

Thanked by 1Amitz
  • AmitzAmitz Member

DirectDiaper will be your friend then!

• ITLabsITLabs Member

We can start this lowenddiapers business together... peepoo virtualization, different sizes for different butts etc... just think about.

@Amitz said:
    DirectDiaper will be your friend then!

Thanked by 1Amitz
  • MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

You guys are old. Grandpas. 😁

Thanked by 1ITLabs
  • ITLabsITLabs Member
    edited July 2019

@MikePT said:

Don't worry, you'll get there. :wink:

Edit: ETs live forever.

Thanked by 2Limpan MikePT
  • deankdeank Member, Troll

@MikePT said:

Ha, you are one to say, 245 years old ET.

Thanked by 2ITLabs MikePT
  • @DA_Mark

Did "lifetime" licenses include updates for life? Seems like that's what the OP is complaining about.

• @FlamesRunner said:
    @DA_Mark

Did "lifetime" licenses include updates for life? Seems like that's what the OP is complaining about.

Our legacy lifetime license did -- so the OP was legitimately concerned that we changed the terms on him.

Thanked by 1FlamesRunner
  • @DA_Mark said:
    Sorry for the confusion. It's a change in name only. You will notice that the expiry date of your license remains unchanged. :smile:

Thank you very much for the clarification.

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@deank said:

@MikePT said:

Ha, you are one to say, 245 years old ET.

ET Phone home....

@ITLabs said:

@MikePT said:

Don't worry, you'll get there. :wink:

Edit: ETs live forever.

I hope so mate... :D

Thanked by 1ITLabs